• DRAW

• Cowboys 12-

• Cowboys Round Up!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apus

Apus

Oh we're playing today? Legit didn't realise it. That's pretty cool I guess. Hope they win or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
reading this thread and the team naming thread, theres been more interest and excitement than normal lately. Isnt it sad that its all about a couple of reserve graders stepping up. Isnt it worse that those players are only getting a shot because of injury instead of promotion. I understand the concept of trying to build faith with the playing group by showing loyalty by SK, but seriously some players like Kata must be more than past their last chance after last weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
Miket12

Miket12

Question: with both The Hoff and The Princess out, why is our next field goal kicker Lisone starting on the bench?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
None of the australian media have a fucking clue, even the so called "experts" on fox all harp on about this big fearsome pack, with this world class spine. How are we the only ones that can see the real problem at this club and highlight it??
How is this for an answer.

We actually don't have a small pack. I have stood next to Lisone, Vete and Bunty and wouldn't like to have to tackle any of them. They are big, well muscled and powerful. As for Lisone he looks an aggressive guy, I wouldn't like to have to go toe to toe with him at all. My guess is he can really look after himself.

Apart from Vete, the stats don't lie though. Those massive players do not convert their size into metres in a carry, pure and simple.

True story, before a beef farmer buys a bull to screw his cows, he looks at the size of its balls...absolutely true story. I am not saying we should get our players medically examined for the size of their balls, but I am sure you can get the meaning.

• Haha
Miket12

Miket12

True story, before a beef farmer buys a bull to screw his cows, he looks at the size of its balls...absolutely true story. I am not saying we should get our players medically examined for the size of their balls, but I am sure you can get the meaning.

So you're saying the players should be examined before they're let loose with the cheerleaders?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
BeastMode

BeastMode

We actually don't have a small pack. I have stood next to Lisone, Vete and Bunty and wouldn't like to have to tackle any of them. They are big, well muscled and powerful. As for Lisone he looks an aggressive guy, I wouldn't like to have to go toe to toe with him at all. My guess is he can really look after himself.

Apart from Vete, the stats don't lie though. Those massive players do not convert their size into metres in a carry, pure and simple.

So you now saying we have a big enough pack???

Make up your mind bruce. You're all over the place.

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Cowboys vs Warriors Gameday Chatter [Round 20, 2017]

View attachment 23480

Cowboys v Warriors: Schick Preview
Thu 20 Jul, 2017, 9:00am
By Dylan Morris‌, North Queensland Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
image.ashx

Schick Hydro Preview: Cowboys v Warriors
1300SMILES Stadium
Saturday, 7.30pm

One team that has coping well without their star playmaker comes up against another that has just lost their own in another crucial clash for the finals race.

The North Queensland Cowboys pulled off a relatively comfortable win against the South Sydney Rabbitohs last week, although a lapse in the second half could have cost them the game against better teams. Coach Paul Green will have drilled the holiday mode out of them, and with some extra rest his State of Origin representatives will be ready to take on an increased work load.

The Warriors will be disappointed with their run through the Origin period having only taken three wins from six starts in a period where they usually do well due to their lack of representative players.

The unfortunate loss of Shaun Johnson won't help their effort to make it into the finals, but as the Cowboys have shown this year the loss of a key player (or players) can galvanise a team into lifting in their absence.

Why the Cowboys can win: A home game for the first time since Round 16 will have the Cowboys eager to please their fans in Townsville, so they should be up for the occasion. The performance of Jake Granville last week was reminiscent of his 2015 season, with the hooker stepping up to guide the team to victory with a try and two assists. In the year of their maiden premiership it seemed each week a different member of the spine – and occasionally the forward pack – would have an exceptional game to get the Cowboys over the line. One week it was Johnathan Thurston, the next Michael Morgan and then Lachlan Coote or Granville would seemingly save the day. The spine sharing the load is even more important these days with Morgan taking on Thurston's role as chief playmaker and if Coote, Granville or Te Maire Martin can worry New Zealand, Morgan will have a much easier time controlling the game off the back of his powerful forwards.

Why the Warriors can win: They have the forward pack to match the Cowboys – Jacob Lillyman, Ben Matulino and Simon Mannering each average more than a hundred metres per game, while second-rowers Bunty Afoa and Bodene Thompson each average more than 50 metres in the second row as well as 28 and 34 tackles per game respectively. Their spine is not to be laughed at either, even without Johnson, with internationals Isaac Luke, Kieran Foran and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck adding genuine depth to the side in attack.

The history: Cowboys v Warriors: Played 36, Cowboys 18, Warriors 18. A 50-50 split between the two teams, but the Warriors have won just one of their last 11 games in Townsville. They'll need to almost double their success rate in the north if they want the two points.

What are the odds: The Cowboys to win 13+ has been the best-backed market in this fixture according to Sportsbet. There isn't even any love for the Warriors with the points start and 80 per cent of the money in that market is with North Queensland.

Match officials: Referee: Henry Perenara. Assistant referee: Tim Roby. Touch Judges: Clayton Sharpe and Dave Ryan. Review officials: Steve Chiddy and Luke Patten.

Televised: Fox League – Live coverage from 7.30pm

How we see it: The Cowboys are coming off three straight wins and will be eager to make it four in front of a home crowd, and a Warriors side without their best playmaker will struggle to score points. North Queensland's recent form has been too good for the hot-and-cold Warriors. Cowboys by 12.

https://www.nrl.com/cowboys-v-warriors-schick-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/110146/default.aspx

Go NZ Warriors

:(

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor

We actually don't have a small pack.
I said big FEARSOME. Lisone/Lillyman/Bodene/ Hoffman are all reasonably small comparatively speaking in the nrl. Matulino/mannering/vete are of good size. But Gavet is by far the only fearsome one in the pack. Hopefully Satae brings a hearty/aggressive edge with him.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
So you're saying the players should be examined before they're let loose with the cheerleaders?
Err..the cheerleaders might be interested in another measurement:oops:...leave it alone Bruce you are getting into trouble again:facepalm:.

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I said big FEARSOME. Lisone/Lillyman/Bodene/ Hoffman are all reasonably small comparatively speaking in the nrl. Matulino/mannering/vete are of good size. But Gavet is by far the only fearsome one in the pack. Hopefully Satae brings a hearty/aggressive edge with him.
Pulling rank here. I would rather tackle a Palagi than a Polynesian of the same size any day. It isn't their size that is the problem.

• Haha

Jordan G

The problem with the Warriors pack is more than just size.

Using a cricket analogy - you can have the best 4-5 right arm over the wicket pace bowlers sending it down at 135kph, but if none of them offer anything different from the other then the batsman will get into a rhythm and find the bowlers easier to play no matter how good they are individually.

Our pack is vanilla. There is no variety, not even in size. Out of our top 10 forwards, 8 of them are between 105-110 kg. Lillyman, Hoffman, Mannering, Thompson, Matulino are all 105-107kg (as listed by NRL.com). height isn't too dissimilar with most of our guys between the 187-192 mark. On an average basis we might not be small compared to some packs, but the weight and height differences from player to player fluctuate greatly amongst other teams in comparison to ours.

janfin

janfin

Geez a win by 6 tonight just might help me get over this bloody weather Come on Boys you can do this :);)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Miket12

Miket12

And a loss by 6? or 60?

:)
I'm so confident we'll win, I've put all my bookie money on the Warriors to win!!!!! Could be the worst $555 investment I've ever made!!!! Will, I guess there's always Dole Day Tuesday

Reactions: 2 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

I'm so confident we'll win, I've put all my bookie money on the Warriors to win!!!!! Could be the worst $555 investment I've ever made!!!! Will, I guess there's always Dole Day Tuesday
Dammit, i like your blind faith!

I'll do the same. All bookie money on the Warriors < 12

$62.

FAN

FAN

Ok ok, stay positive, deep breaths, breathe.......just breathe.

CHECK LIST

Put the dog in spare room, shut the door.
Hide the TV remote, ( on our last one, can't throw this one and risk it breaking )
Make sure the old man has a full glass of beer, but not anything to top it up with. too much piss and he starts to turn into MG
Remove all objects from the coffee table, and pray like fuck we don't get served up by to much before half time.
FOOD, must have food ready and served, helps absorb the piss !! PLUS hard to abuse with full mouth !
Have ear plugs in hand ready, should they be needed. ( listening to my Mum say, they are in, they are in, ( meaning the other team ) or we have lost, we have blown it and the game just started, really does wear you down over 80 minutes )
Last but by no means least, DO NOT, under any circumstances come back on here until the game is over..NO MATTER WHAT!!

Good luck to the rest of you, this is how I must cope on game day at our place. Go the Warriors PLEASE WIN !!

Reactions: 2 users
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Ok ok, stay positive, deep breaths, breathe.......just breathe.

CHECK LIST

Put the dog in spare room, shut the door.
Hide the TV remote, ( on our last one, can't throw this one and risk it breaking )
Make sure the old man has a full glass of beer, but not anything to top it up with. too much piss and he starts to turn into MG
Remove all objects from the coffee table, and pray like fuck we don't get served up by to much before half time.
FOOD, must have food ready and served, helps absorb the piss !! PLUS hard to abuse with full mouth !
Have ear plugs in hand ready, should they be needed. ( listening to my Mum say, they are in, they are in, ( meaning the other team ) or we have lost, we have blown it and the game just started, really does wear you down over 80 minutes )
Last but by no means least, DO NOT, under any circumstances come back on here until the game is over..NO MATTER WHAT!!

Good luck to the rest of you, this is how I must cope on game day at our place. Go the Warriors PLEASE WIN !!

Man I admire how you are able to still stick to your game day rituals even at this late stage when our season is all but effectively over.

Me ? I can't even be fucked anymore to put a Manly Sea Eagles shirt in bin ! :)

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
One positive about the game tonight is that Blocker Roach won't be be commentating !!

Status
Not open for further replies.