General Covid Virus fun 1980s to present Kiwis Draft to pass time

wrighty

I feel I need to choose a winger so I am going to take Jordan Rapana. Brilliant finisher.

1. M Ridge (gk)
3. N Vagana
4. R Blackmore
5. J Rapana
6. T Leuluai
7. B Marshall
9. I Luke
10. B Todd
11. D Kidwell
12. A Lauiti’iti
13. H McGahan
Need to name a captain at some stage...

First pick and kinda surprised he’s lasted this long- 279 nrl games for 141 tries (vatuvei and vagana are the only kiwis to score more), picking up a couple of premierships and 21 games for the kiwis along the way.....
Shaun Kenny-Dowall.
I’ll name him on the wing but could move him to center being a former dally m center of the year.

Have to have a think about my next one- A couple of my picks just got pinched :mad:

Reactions: Weno and warriors55

wrighty

SKD also lifted his game for the Kiwis.
His subtractors at NRL level labelled him rocks or diamonds...he was usually more towards to latter in internationals. Really gave his all for his country.

Reactions: Weno and Defence
Yea it looks like defence may have been going to choose Timu and Rapana for his double choice! That sucks.

My first choices were skd and nightingale with rapana as my back up.
Thought I could save timu to last being a forgotten man but blardy ryno saw me coming.
Tbh my plan was always Craig innes in the centers but after looking him up he never actually played for the kiwis! Due to 1) being an allblack 2) playing most of his league in England and 3) the super league war.
Now I have a tough choice to make- gonna have to scour through some stats...

Reactions: warriors55
Thought I could save timu to last being a forgotten man but blardy ryno saw me coming.
Tbh my plan was always Craig innes in the centers but after looking him up he never actually played for the kiwis! Due to 1) being an allblack 2) playing most of his league in England and 3) the super league war.

Innes would have been a good choice if available.

Hope you find a good option (as long as it isn't my one) 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Defence
SKD also lifted his game for the Kiwis.
His subtractors at NRL level labelled him rocks or diamonds...he was usually more towards to latter in internationals. Really gave his all for his country.

He definitely had the odd howler in him but so did vatuvei, Meli and rapana.
Overall the good certainly outweighs the bad though.

wrighty

Take your time, as long as it takes...no rush...

wrighty

I've got two bloody good players coming up for my last 2 choices as long as no one else takes them.
I don't - I just have some bog standard dudes who you normally take in the last round.
Will go back through some past matches to see if I have missed anyone.

I don't - I just have some bog standard dudes who you normally take in the last round.
Will go back through some past matches to see if I have missed anyone.

I'd prefer it if you didn't 😆 Just stick with the average dudes ;)

Just kidding Wrighty. Hope you find a good option.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Well after googling all the remaining outside backs I could think of, statistically there was a clear stand out with an outstanding strike rate of 60 tries from 97 games- our own David fusitua.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 SKD
4 manu
5 Fusitua
6 Filipaina (GK)
7 R Paul
8 JWH
9 H Paul
10 Cayless (C)
11 Pritchard
12 SWB
13 Tonie Carroll

Nice choice. He was my back up last winger position.

Looks like Ryno is up next. Hopefully Wrighty has his choice.

wrighty

Ryno says

I wanted to have some more flair in the halves so my next pick is Fred Ah Kuoi, will also shift Lance Hohaia back to Fullback

1. Hohaia
2. Halligan (gk)
3. Timu
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Fred Ah Kuoi,
7. Fien
8. Pongia
10. Tamati
11. Wiki
12. Kearney
13. Nikau