Our premier has granted himself unchecked power to do what he wants when he wants.
"Unchecked" isn't strictly true. He'll have to run it by an independent panel. An independent panel appointed by..... him.

Attachments

• IMG_20211027_090544_725.MP4
    87.8 MB
  • Wow
Reactions: Worried2Death
that is f#cked

I would not be happy as a parent to know that my 12 year old had been able to walk in to a vaccine center and get jabbed without me knowing

Generally I am fine with it. There are a lot of kids in this cohort who will otherwise not get vaccinated because their parents are morons. That is the larger concern.

The 1pm briefing is due to be provided on Wednesday by Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins and Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield.

The briefing will include a scheduled update on Waikato alert levels, and an update on Auckland schools.

An announcement had been expected today about the immediate future of the MIQ system, but Hipkins' office said it was now set down for Thursday.

The Pacific population in the region is 2115, but 3088 people had had both their Covid-19 vaccinations by midnight Sunday.
Great to see David, i know in my area the Cook Island Community are leaders in getting the Pacific population vaccinated and we take all races of people to get vaccinated who want a ride, from Pakeha to Maori it's all good!

Reactions: Worried2Death

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Why are these links always so fishy looking?

He is talking about supposed vaccine injury which we have no opportunity to check whether any of these cases are linked to the vaccine apart from believing they are.
100%, curious to see Crows side but always suspicious when the links aren’t your normal type links and are a bit funky loading

sorry mate, but no its not. If you cant see the issue with this then I'm actually a bit lost for words.

That is fine, we do not have to agree. I understand it is a jarring concept for many parents who think that they should be consulted in every medical decision regarding their children.

I believe children at that age are fundamentally able to understand the key issues, therefore they possess the ability to make an informed decision.

Also, the frame work already exists for healthcare to make decisions that parents may disagree with and where there is clear evidence that it is in the child’s best interests, the courts agree.

It is another example of the higher good. Ultimately the protection of the child is not the sole purvey of the parent, it is also the responsibility of the state.

Children of Antivaxx parents who want to make their own decisions, must have state supports to do so.

I suppose I am well used to these laws in Mental health which children often use to seek therapy without their parents knowledge or consent.
Technically children of any age can seek mental health therapy without parental consent.

There is a fundamental ugly truth that is a different Universe to your concerns, we live in a world where some adults harm and deprive their children for some very ugly reasons.

Last edited:

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Interesting.
1635291025301.png

Inruin

Contributor
That is fine, we do not have to agree. I understand it is a jarring concept for many parents who think that they should be consulted in every medical decision regarding their children.

I believe children at that age are fundamentally able to understand the key issues, therefore they possess the ability to make an informed decision.

Also, the frame work already exists for healthcare to make decisions that parents may disagree with and where there is clear evidence that it is in the child’s best interests, the courts agree.

It is another example of the higher good. Ultimately the protection of the child is not the sole purvey of the parent, it is also the responsibility of the state.

Children of Antivaxx parents who want to make their own decisions, must have state supports to do so.

I suppose I am well used to these laws in Mental health which children often use to seek therapy without their parents knowledge or consent.
Technically children of any age can seek mental health therapy without parental consent.

There is a fundamental ugly truth that is a different Universe to your concerns, we live in a world where some adults harm and deprive their children for some very ugly reasons.

Do you think a 12 year old is mature enough to understand all of this without any education or information, which you would assume is the case from your bad parent examples. Are they being advised at time of vaccination? Or is it more likely that they are getting hey, its all good and we will give you a $20 PNS voucher?