I will stick my neck out now. This girl is a lightweight who looked ok wearing a hibab, but she isn't faring well this time. When the economic effects really start to hit home she will be gone and there will be some sort of wartime cabinet.

Reactions: dean and surfin
Just in case Mt Welly deletes cause we never mentioned the NRL.

surfin

surfin
Warriors 1st Grader

bruce said:
Mind boggling, absolutely mind boggling. They seem to have not considered social consequences, even though the medical consequences are going to be massive. Even the packaging for instant noodles comes from overseas. I was disappointed Jack Tame did not push this point.
As a government they have never filled me with confidence, that's not a political statement, simply my observation, overseas they love her frowny face empathy but she hasn't been able to govern the actual country with what to me seems to be any direction or plan. Fucking off to the UN to talk about Facebook bullying is a joke. Talking about the baby won't deflect the fallout this time.

Reactions: matiunz
I saw an article that flights back to NZ were tripling in price. I can understand the business aspect especially with their business about to take a massive hit after the governments announcement. This on the back of the sharemarket getting smashed last week.

Greg Foran has his work cut out for him at Air NZ working through this.

Reactions: BiggerD and bruce
Seems like some experts are hoping for a virus cure by early next year and keeping the lid on it until then. Big ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggerD
Growing up we used to joke that if world war 3 kicked off our small little town would be the best place to ride it out. I'm here at the moment visiting my son for the weekend. A pity we haven't been told to limit travel internally. Those stupid drunk teenager talk may have come true.

They have plenty of toilet paper here but the supply chain for hand sanitiser has hit them locally.

A pity this wasn't the 80's or 90's when my father was working. We wouldn't need to worry about toilet paper as he worked at the mill. The other guys whose fathers used to make newspaper would rib me about dad making toilet paper. Now the newspaper business is in the toilet but people still need to crap. Their business would also be getting a bit of a boost now.

Reactions: bruce
I actually applaud PM Jacinda Ardern for taking this measure & so do people commenting about it on social media in Australia

I am in Sydney & I am kinda worried. I am in my 50s have High blood pressure which is a risk factor

I am washing my hands thoroughly at work & at home. Avoiding the Pub & drinking at home.

Catching public transport is a nightmare.. you do not want anyone to sneeze or cough.

People in Australia are telling PM Scott Morrison to close the borders & even though I like Americans , the Aussie border with the USA is still open :nailbiting:

NZ will come out of this really well. Yes thousands may loose their jobs.. but this is a War against a Virus that is lethal & radical measures need to be taken.

I actually applaud PM Jacinda Ardern for taking this measure & so do people commenting about it on social media in Australia

I am in Sydney & I am kinda worried. I am in my 50s have High blood pressure which is a risk factor

I am washing my hands thoroughly at work & at home. Avoiding the Pub & drinking at home.

Catching public transport is a nightmare.. you do not want anyone to sneeze or cough.

People in Australia are telling PM Scott Morrison to close the borders & even though I like Americans , the Aussie border with the USA is still open :nailbiting:

NZ will come out of this really well. Yes thousands may loose their jobs.. but this is a War against a Virus that is lethal & radical measures need to be taken.

Yeap I agree

Learn from the mistakes of all other countries and stamp it out before it even begins...

Yeap I agree

Learn from the mistakes of all other countries and stamp it out before it even begins...
Well look at the sea of Red. they are the number of deaths by this virus over night.
Poor Italy.. they do not deserve this
Spain is looking bad now & the UK is starting to get worse.

NZ might be a "Lifeboat" in the end. That is why all those Billionaires want to live in NZ in times like these.
Reckon those Billionaire need to contribute something to NZ Society besides just seeking shelter.

Reactions: Fearmuss and bruce
Well look at the sea of Red. they are the number of deaths by this virus over night.
Poor Italy.. they do not deserve this
Spain is looking bad now & the UK is starting to get worse.

NZ might be a "Lifeboat" in the end. That is why all those Billionaires want to live in NZ in times like these.
Reckon those Billionaire need to contribute something to NZ Society besides just seeking shelter.

Putting some perspective, earths population is 8billion people so that’s about 0.000001% of the world population infected..

Reactions: surfin
Putting some perspective, earths population is 8billion people so that’s about 0.000001% of the world population infected..

I get people will die, but right now in a list of things that kill people in the world, this is so far down the list it ain't funny. Yep it may get worse then again it might not.
Again rich white people don't tend to get malaria.

Featured snippet from the web
Nearly 700 million people get a mosquito-borne illness each year resulting in over one million deaths.

Mosquito-borne disease - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Mosquito-borne_disease

and this silly Aussie walked around Wellington with the virus & is now confirmed as having it.

This is why PM Jacinda is correct in bringing in a 14 day isolation before coming to NZ

Self isolation isn't locking yourself in the toilet for a fortnight, you are allowed outside, there are simply some common sense rules to follow, the same rules that have existed for years in regards to any flu or virus.

I get people will die, but right now in a list of things that kill people in the world, this is so far down the list it ain't funny. Yep it may get worse then again it might not.

Problem is the rich white folks are getting this right now. The supposed untouchables.

I guarantee you the maths gurus have projected the growth rate 12 months from now and scared the living bejesus out of governments....

This was from 4 days ago in the USA, but watch it and think again. The possible numbers are staggering.

• Wow
Reactions: Beastmode
Just doing the sums.
NZ has 5 million.
50% infection rate is 2.5 million. 3% death rate is 75,000 dead, and that might be during our winter.
500 died from influenza last year.

Just doing the sums.
NZ has 5 million.
50% infection rate is 2.5 million. 3% death rate is 75,000 dead, and that might be during our winter.
500 died from influenza last year.

Too many people on the planet anyway, drop enough off and we fix climate change, which apparently will kill all of us in a few years anyway. The millennial's will be happy as they can start running the planet the way it needs to be run since everyone before them have fucked it. Greta for king of the world.
All these numbers being thrown around are not written in stone, are based on guesstimates and absolutely no medical intervention happening.
I also struggle to get past all the other end of days I've been warned about. Besides Will Smith and his dog might get the cure.

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and Beastmode
I am over 60 so my death rate is 3.6%, and although I am not a fat bastard and am quite fit I am technically obese (by 1kg) which raises my chances to somebody like a smoker. I am staying away from bars and brothels :eek: , and sleep on the bloody couch. Just saying like. There are 600,000 people in NZ over 65 so that is 21600 people like me on the way to greet St Peter this year. Sobering.