Hawkes Bay - 15
Wairarapa - 12
Whanganui - 12
Tairawhiti - 10
Unknown - 8
South Canterbury - 7
West Coast - 5

COVID-19 Hospitalisations​

• COVID-19 Cases in hospital: total number 225: Northland: 1; Waitematā: 46; Counties Manukau: 28; Auckland: 36; Waikato: 18; Bay of Plenty: 3; Lakes: 3; Hawke’s Bay: 1; MidCentral: 8; Whanganui: 1; Taranaki: 1; Tairawhiti: 0; Wairarapa: 6; Capital & Coast: 13; Hutt Valley: 10; Nelson Marlborough: 4; Canterbury: 37; West Coast: 1; South Canterbury: 1; Southern: 7.
  • Weekly COVID-19 Hospitalisations - 7 day rolling average: 241 (This time last week 273)
  • Average age of current COVID-19 hospitalisations: 63
  • Cases in ICU or HDU: 3
  • Vaccination status of new admissions to hospital*: Unvaccinated or not eligible (37 cases); partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (1 case); double vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (42 cases); received booster at least 7 days before being reported as a case (192 cases).

The covid fiasco has almost exhausted itself. Evidently, advice from her plethora of experts is that from now on it will be handled like the flu. Two and a half years for the penny to drop but I guess that's why we have experts to lead us along.

Akkerz

Contributor
Of course it pays to be sensible but glasses fog up with masks on & for those who rely on their specss for a bit of murky sight it's a step forward. Less chance oif being of being abused by shop staff or pushed out of the way because you have inadvertently stepped into some tossers path.
We have a seriously ill relative visiting this weekend & obviously we will wear masks while she is visiting.

Of course it pays to be sensible but glasses fog up with masks on & for those who rely on their specss for a bit of murky sight it's a step forward. Less chance oif being of being abused by shop staff or pushed out of the way because you have inadvertently stepped into some tossers path.
We have a seriously ill relative visiting this weekend & obviously we will wear masks while she is visiting.
Yes I understand that it is about time to get rid of masks but sensibly.
Certainly if someone feels better by wearing them that's their choice. Naturally we are behind the rest of the world and that's because of our proximity to the rest of the world.
Nothing has been perfect during this whole process but then what country has been perfect. The answer is none

So from midnight tonight everything will be back to normal, except for health care places. Kind of surreal really.

It'll probably be another week or two before they stop printing the covid numbers daily then that's that. I'm going to hate that when that happens.
I heard they're moving to weekly numbers pretty soon.

I should win a prize - not catching coving and the pandemics over (according to the government)

I heard they're moving to weekly numbers pretty soon.

I should win a prize - not catching coving and the pandemics over (according to the government)
Apparently a bit of the decision to soften the rules around mask wearing has been to do with the littering of the masks.

Reactions: dean
Apparently a bit of the decision to soften the rules around mask wearing has been to do with the littering of the masks.
And many people just over the whole thing. I reckon it was close to half not wearing a mask at the airport last week even though the signs are everywhere and announcements made on the plane. Most took their mask off once they left the plane and before they entered the building from the runway.