Internationals Cook Islands progress to Pacific Cup

Jesbass_old

maybe kumul dosnt get the all whites reference, all whites = NZ SOCCER TEAM. and they are definitly not a world force and probly never will be but still be great achivement if they make the soccer world cup!

cook islands have done well and league is a popular sport in the cook islands may even be the most popular sport thier and definitly amongst the cook island community in nz and australia.

hope that players either go for cook islands or the kiwi's that situation with all cook islanders being new zealand citizens is a bit confusing. along with tokelauans and nuieans cook islands is strang case as they are a country in free association with new zealand making them nz citizens

I didn't realise that Cook Islanders are NZ citizens, but I guess that explains why they accept both Cook Island dollars and New Zealand currency. Does that mean that they could technically vote in New Zealand elections?

2big2strong_old

I didn't realise that Cook Islanders are NZ citizens, but I guess that explains why they accept both Cook Island dollars and New Zealand currency. Does that mean that they could technically vote in New Zealand elections?

They're a self-governing parliamentary democracy in free association with NZ. So they have their own Prime minister, Jim Marurai, but because they have such a small population (smaller than 20,000) it's more cost effective etc to just fall under the big pacific NZ umbrella. So they have nothing to do with NZ politics but they almost operate as a state of NZ. Same with Niue and Tokelau except Tokelau isn't in free association of NZ but a territory of NZ. Everyone born on these islands is an automatic NZ citizen.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand

Northern_Union

Can you take out the rubbish please.....like you said you were going to do an hour ago. Thats what my wife says.