TeamList Rabbitohs vs Warriors - [Round 5, 2024]

Seeing DWZ and Niukore out is a bit of a blow.

To be honest I was kind of expecting DWZ to be ruled out looking at him in last weeks game. He got named and it was left until late in the week. I was expecting Kosi to be his replacement. So, Pompey is a bit of a shock.

If the swap Montoya to the right like was mentioned earlier I'd be interested to see Montoya at the end of the plays we run to the right hand side.

Niukore is a bit of a blow after also losing Capewell.

What I do like with us under Webster there won't be any excuses.

images.jpeg

Forum's weather team going back and forth against eachother until kick off tomorrow.

Right. So from potentially our strongest team due to be named at the start of the week to having 5 first choice players out of the side on the eve of the match.

That’s football. Injuries hit every side. It’s why Webster has a squad mentality and why we operate as a group of 30. Take you back to last year - we lost Barney for 11 weeks with his neck. Jazz was gone for most of the season like Metcalf is and every week we had someone out. I won’t accept excuses - we’ve talked about our depth and now is when we show it. Despite the outs, we have a decent side running out tomorrow. It’s far from decimated.

Laban has to come in now. I suspect the team will change again before kick off - the backline will stay settled and defensively looks solid with Pompey on the wing instead of Leiatua. Expect Pompey to play centre with Roger on the wing on defence, especially on kick returns.

I expect Barnett to go to the bench with Laban starting alongside Afoa and AFB. Barnett prob needs to play the Marata role this week and I expect Ale and Jazz to get more minutes given the heavy conditions.

I expect Lussick to go to Cup with Ali being 18th man.

All in all - whilst a tough assignment, we’ve got enough quality there to win.

Next week a few troops come back - hopefully Walks DWZ Capes come back. Right now our boys have a job to do.

Two tasks - win by 1 point or more, and no injuries or suspensions.

Let’s go.

Massive call to name Pompey over Kosi at wing. Kosi must have really dogged it in NSW cup for this to happen as Pompey is an extremely extremely extremely ordinary wing. Great centre. Mediocrity city at wing. Not a good day for Kosi.

To me this becomes a must win game if we want to be serious about building a dynasty of playing in the finals consistently and even winning multiple grand finals. All the great teams lose good quality players and find ways to win. I hope we have a proper game plan for souths and it wasnt like last year where we didnt pivot away from dry track footy.

In regards to your concerns about the bench i think most of this forum would share similar thoughts. I just hope that if they dont have people ready in NSW CUP that they are on the phone trying to get someone or at the very least find out where Brisbane gets these giants from
A dynasty of finals apparences 🤣 (you got me)

There are 17 teams and 2 wings on each team makes 34 in total

I would rank Kosi about 25th compared to that list and Pompey last at 35th

But is it as accurate as our Tuesday naming - ie put some names down and we will sort it later.

Seems set up for Laban.
With previous debuts it was announced in socials 24 hours in advance and they showed a clip of the jersey presentation. No such social media leak this time. So for me I think it is unlikely Laban will play unless someone on the forum posts something in the next 90 minutes.

Your love for Kosi is unjustified
I don't love him. I just posted I had him ranked 25th amongst all starting NRL wingers. Hardly a glowing endorsement. Just that Pompey has no corner-finishing-skills. He doesn't know how to dive one handed for the corner like every other winger in the competition can. I just I rate Kosi above Pompey at wing.

Back