Staff Coaching Candidates 2022/23

We need a seasoned coach that knows what the rest of the organisation should be delivering and demand it. We also need an owner that will stand aside long enough to let that coach run the place.
Even if a miracle happened and the first one was available and wanted to come here, could the organisation survive two alphas?
We need a CEO or at least someone that can look after the footy side without the current CEO getting involved

After 2 1/2 years away, the NRL should be doing everything possible to help out starting with mentoring Mark & co. I get the feeling 2023 will be no different to the Warriors than 95-2019 will be. They’ll alll forget
Surely it’s the owner and George’s job to make sure they don’t forget, I would be leaning on them heavily right now and calling in a few favours from them, esp on the coaching front.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
You'd have to be mad to coach the Warriors.

Here's a list of coaches who never coached again after the Warriors.
Mark Graham
Tony Kemp
Matt Elliott
Andrew McFadden
Stephen Kearney
Nathan Brown
Little skewed that list, Graham and Kemp were essentially local coaches which Aus wouldn’t touch if they couldn’t make it locally.
Elliot, Kearney and Brown were on their last chance after failure elsewhere.
McFadden may yet land something, don’t think he’s that bad of a coach.
Think it’s more of a case of bad appointment choices more than anything else.

Little skewed that list, Graham and Kemp were essentially local coaches which Aus wouldn’t touch if they couldn’t make it locally.
Elliot, Kearney and Brown were on their last chance after failure elsewhere.
McFadden may yet land something, don’t think he’s that bad of a coach.
Think it’s more of a case of bad appointment choices more than anything else.
Cappy is highly regarded. I suspect he could be the next Canberra coach.

The Warriors will find someone. It needs to be a coach who can resonate with the playing group and get their heads in the right space.

Its why McNamara, Young could be good bets as they both played above their weights and seem to be respected.

As some background McNamara understands the junior level of the game well. His Dad Ted was heavily involved in the local game in Hull, so understands the importance of pathways. He is developing a good squad of local players at Catalans, and making them competitive but consistent.
To me, he has the right creditionals and knows the club and what its about, having had 12 months working as AC when SK was in charge.

Plus he will have a point to prove in the NRL and suspect a cheaper option as a coach.

I'd rather they gamble on him as opposed to Josh Hannay, Ben Hornby and even Dean Young.

I'm wondering if John Morris may end up at the Tigers in some capacity.

bruce

Contributor
Cappy is highly regarded. I suspect he could be the next Canberra coach.

The Warriors will find someone. It needs to be a coach who can resonate with the playing group and get their heads in the right space.

Its why McNamara, Young could be good bets as they both played above their weights and seem to be respected.

As some background McNamara understands the junior level of the game well. His Dad Ted was heavily involved in the local game in Hull, so understands the importance of pathways. He is developing a good squad of local players at Catalans, and making them competitive but consistent.
To me, he has the right creditionals and knows the club and what its about, having had 12 months working as AC when SK was in charge.

Plus he will have a point to prove in the NRL and suspect a cheaper option as a coach.

I'd rather they gamble on him as opposed to Josh Hannay, Ben Hornby and even Dean Young.

I'm wondering if John Morris may end up at the Tigers in some capacity.
You make me feel like a Trump supporter, with all the evidence explained, and I still say the election was stolen. He is a Pom, a good pom though and always was. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death
We are all on the same page here
The names out there are not great but it’s what is available

McNamara could be a Smokey but let him choose his staff and bring a few recruits

I am not in the Stacey Jones camp, however I can see the club bringing us home under General Jones

The only option there as I see it is 2 strong Aussie assistant coaches and I would make Maguire one to keep that kiwi connection

And maybe a younger up and comer with the possibility to take over

Crazy people like Mohawk can also be very cunning. My bet he has had somebody lined up for quite a while. If you held a gun to my head to pick somebody, my guess is Madge. However Mohawk didn't just go to England to see the family and watch the Open.
I think Woolfe was his target. I honestly cannot see Madge been offered the role. I think he will be content with the Kiwis role and world cup and some TV work. A bit like Toovey and even Flannagan.

I'm interested to see if Flannagan is now a target for the WT now Ciraldo has turned them down. If he isn't, it could well be the end of his NRL HC coaching aspirations.

Reactions: bruce
Crazy people like Mohawk can also be very cunning. My bet he has had somebody lined up for quite a while. If you held a gun to my head to pick somebody, my guess is Madge. However Mohawk didn't just go to England to see the family and watch the Open.
No way he had someone lined up. He’s overestimating the external perception of the Warriors as much as he overestimates his own intelligence and ability to turn the club around. So long as we remain under the current ownership our culture will continue to decline and our performance on the field will remain bottom quartile.

No way he had someone lined up. He’s overestimating the external perception of the Warriors as much as he overestimates his own intelligence and ability to turn the club around. So long as we remain under the current ownership our culture will continue to decline and our performance on the field will remain bottom quartile.
Who else is going to buy the club. Whilst he made the mistake with Lodge, if if wasn't for him and Autex they could well be no club.

He will learn from the Lodge incident.

bruce

Contributor
Like I said he is a dickhead and a showboat, so probably a narcissist as well.

They can be as stupid as a headless chook, but are never to be underestimated. At my age I have seen too many and learned the hard way from that mistake.

It doesn't mean he will be a good owner, I just don't think he has been siting on his hands over this. That is not his style, he loves to have his finger in the pie playing around with things.

Like I said he is a dickhead and a showboat, so probably a narcissist as well.

They can be as stupid as a headless chook, but are never to be underestimated. At my age I have seen too many and learned the hard way from that mistake.

It doesn't mean he will be a good owner, I just don't think he has been siting on his hands over this. That is not his style, he loves to have his finger in the pie playing around with things.
I hope you are right. However I doubt it - if the hubris is strong enough, and I’m guessing it is, then he won’t have understood how unappealing coaching the Warriors is right now. But I do genuinely hope I’m wrong on this, I want nothing more than us to sign the best coach possible to get us back on the right path. One things for certain - it wasn’t Nathan Brown that was going to get us there.

Two separate issues - perhaps there’s no one else with the money that is willing to buy the club. However I’m pretty confident that so long as he owns the Warriors then we won’t be having much success.
Time will tell. I'm sure he will learn especially when he is having to tip in his own money year on year