Staff Coaching Candidates 2022/23

Is Robinson really the person who should be leading the recruitment of the coach?
Honestly he seems delusional in the way he over rates himself (alpha male etc) - It's not a very enticing quality to lead with.

We're going to end up with another option Z coach (Matt Elliot, Nathan Brown etc) Yikes.

Reactions: 6 users
We've been horrible for 90% of the last decade.

No credible coach is coming here.

What we're going to have to do is hope we land our next DA or Cleary.

History and odds are against us.
I honestly would beg Daniel Anderson to come back, coach for a few years while we set up pathways then sit back as GM and appoint the next coach when the club is more stable.

But I know that's way to good for the warriors to be going after, they need a puppet they can thow in the trash when the heat comes on.

Reactions: 7 users
I wouldn’t read too much into Woolfs refusal of the job, he’s been linked with the dolphins for quite some time with an eye to being Bennetts successor.

He would have been my first pick, but there are others that will be out there capable of doing a fine job and more importantly want to be here.

Reactions: 6 users
I wouldn’t read too much into Woolfs refusal of the job, he’s been linked with the dolphins for quite some time with an eye to being Bennetts successor.

He would have been my first pick, but there are others that will be out there capable of doing a fine job and more importantly want to be here.
Can someone answer me one question.
Why is everybody so much against Toovey.
Give him a 2 year deal.
Nothing to lose. No one else want to come on board

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Give him a 2 year deal.
I wouldn't blame Toovey for not wanting the job after what they did last time was passionate and wanted the job and the CEO thought otherwise and made it public

Reactions: 2 users
Give him a 2 year deal.
Has a crap coaching re ord and the way he basically begged for the job last time using his stint on NrL 360 was just sad. There has to be a good reason he hasn’t picked up another head coaching role or even assistant role!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Give him a 2 year deal.
Yeah , why not give me the Job , nothing to lose aye...
Go home Geoff... your drunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The only check box on my list to land a new coach that Toovey ticks is my most recent one marked ‘desperate’.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

NRL 2022, Kristian Woolf rejects NZ Warriors, Cameron Ciraldo, Canterbury Bulldogs next coach, Shane Flanagan, Wests Tigers | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site​

The NZ Warriors have copped a major blow in their coaching search, with top target Kristian Woolf reportedly rejecting an offer to take the reins at the Kiwi club.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Woolf turned down a hefty multi-year deal to become the club’s next head coach.

Warriors owner Mark Robinson flew to England to meet with the St Helens boss earlier this month, the outlet reports, but has since seen his offer rebuffed.

Stream Rugby League Internationals LIVE on Kayo this Saturday 25th June. NZ vs Tonga Women 1:30PM | NZ vs Tonga 3:20PM | Samoa vs Cook Islands 5:40PM | PNG vs Fiji 7:50PM AEST. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

Rugby League: The New South Wales' under-19s outfit were far too good for…
Woolf has won two consecutive Premierships and is firmly in the race to make it three-straight at the Super League franchise, and has also impressed on the international stage in charge of Tonga.

But the 46-year-old from Mount Isa is reportedly keen to return to Australia at season’s end, and is in talks with the Dolphins to become an assistant to Wayne Bennett at the NRL’s expansion club for 2023.

With in-demand Panthers assistant Cameron Ciraldo having declared himself out of contention for the Warriors role – as has Shane Flanagan – the New Zealand side remains focused on finding another young coach who can take the step up to the head coaching position. Interim boss Stacey Jones remains unlikely to be handed the job long-term.

Meanwhile, the news is a boost for the Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs, who are both also without a head coach after sacking their own strategists this campaign.

After the Tigers tabled a five-year offer to Ciraldo, the Bulldogs have been more strongly linked to a move for Woolf, who will lead Tonga’s World Cup assault in October.

Origin: In an intense match in the National's Capital, NSW prevailed in the final…
The Bulldogs were reportedly wary of matching that five-year proposal, according to News Corp journalist Dave Riccio. Riccio told NRL 360: “There’s suggestions that (Bulldogs football GM) Gus (Gould) has held talks with or is in the process of having talks with Kristian Woolf so clearly the Dogs are looking at other options as well.

“I’ve also heard that they’re not willing to go to that five-year term because they don’t want to invest in a rookie coach for that length of time.”

Gould has since denied talking to any coach, or planning to in the near future.

Originally published as Warriors snubbed by top target Kristian Woolf despite owner’s UK visit

Has a crap coaching re ord and the way he basically begged for the job last time using his stint on NrL 360 was just sad. There has to be a good reason he hasn’t picked up another head coaching role or even assistant role!!!
He actually has a 58% winning record in the nrl which is the best of any of the candidates- including Flanagan and green.
Was a bit sad to see him pleading on tv last time.
Probably been out of coaching a bit too long now.
At least he’s keen tho- would prefer him to Stacey but still hoping for a better fit.
I’m definitely warming to the macnamara idea 🤞

Reactions: 5 users

Stalefish540

Contributor
Seems I was a bit eager and fired my shot a bit early last night.

If we end up signing Toovey, then that would be the lowest point in the clubs history. Lord save us if that is the outcome of all of this.

Reactions: 2 users

If we end up signing Toovey, then that would be the lowest point in the clubs history. Lord save us if that is the outcome of all of this.
Worse than replacing cleary with bluey?
That would take some beating.

Reactions: 7 users

CDD

I actually think Maguire would be good for this club even though it didn’t work out at the Tigers, sometimes it just doesn’t work. He has won a premiership, is coaching the Kiwi’s and knows all about players needing to work hard. I think this team needs to toughen up and learn how to play the basics well week in and out. Madge wears his heart on his sleeve and demands the best of the players as it should be. Pick him and then back his decisions those in management, he can drop the players who aren’t performing and go for players who will. He will be great with the development of the younger crop coming through as well. The roster here at the moment is solid without being spectacular and there needs to be a spark brought in and they need to get back to basics as well. That is probably the biggest asset that he brings is his mana in rugby league, players will come to NZ to play for him and this team need experienced players with X factor Walsh is just too young to have that put onto his shoulders and sorry to say but Shaun Johnson is past it.

Reactions: 1 users

Everyone to their own.
BUT I cant see any point in Stacey, hes been around the club long enough if he was any good

Reactions: 3 users