General Coach Watch

One of the coaches from the warriors (not ME) was on the radio a week ago saying they had tried re-implementing a structured game plan and it looked like it hadnt helped the team. maybe these coaches should let the players play, too late now though

I think the coaching staff should try harder. Some people thrive on having structure and a clear game plan. It surely would give the coaching staff something to build upon, and the players too.

I think the coaching staff should try harder. Some people thrive on having structure and a clear game plan. It surely would give the coaching staff something to build upon, and the players too.
they threw it out the window after the panthers loss in round 10 and the warriors started winning. some players may thrive on it but maybe not players from the warriors system which is half our forward pack and backline

Reactions: 1 users
Elliot is a smart guy, and a lateral thinker. Is it possible he over-thinks what we need to do in order to succeed? Too much tweaking can lead to confusion... particularly with players who perhaps aren't used to regular variation.
Or more importantly, players who don't have the smarts to actually understand and implement a gameplan.

Maybe ME should just give them a gameplan of "score lots of tries, convert them and hold out the opposition" Guaranteed to win every game

they threw it out the window after the panthers loss in round 10 and the warriors started winning. some players may thrive on it but maybe not players from the warriors system which is half our forward pack and backline

Silly to throw it out the window, surely they should have built on it? For those players who don't thrive you would hope they would make more of a Cooper Cronk effort to thrive? And with structure, doesn't it then make it easier for coaching staff when looking for replacements? I look at what the Storm have and they seem to be thriving. I don't want a Melbourne Clone team but I had hoped that ME would have been able to work on SOMETHING that would suit our team, our players by now?? Surely. But he seems to be another NRL Coach Clone too. Sorry. I'm just still shitty.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
from a players point of view.
structure is that the stadium we walk through to get to the field.

Reactions: 2 users
Or more importantly, players who don't have the smarts to actually understand and implement a gameplan.

Maybe ME should just give them a gameplan of "score lots of tries, convert them and hold out the opposition" Guaranteed to win every game
I reckon they should spend all week practicing off loads and tackling.... Scramble D training till they go blind and then off loads, off loads, off loads...

Then they can go free style, in style.... Am I being overly optimistic here?

I reckon they should spend all week practicing off loads and tackling.... Scramble D training till they go blind and then off loads, off loads, off loads...

Then they can go free style, in style.... Am I being overly optimistic here?
Maybe not. It is within the realms of possibility that this suits our players. It seemed to work for 7 games but for some reason we stopped.

Maybe not. It is within the realms of possibility that this suits our players. It seemed to work for 7 games but for some reason we stopped.
I have my theories about why we always swing from the best team in the comp to the worst team in the comp in the space of one week. But it's not funny so I'm not going to share it...

I'd like ME to stop being scared. If he is so smart I'd like him to stop hiding it, stop worrying about whoever it is he's worried about and use it to go about the business of winning the 2013 grand final. All I've seen (apart from Hurrell's Minichello face) and heard is fear. I say fuck that. The Ropati's the Vatuvei's they're all warriors - and every single one of them wants a shot at grand finals glory, every fckn one. But they have to fight for it. ME's just gotta remind em how bad do they want it, and ask himself how bad does he want it?

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I got an idea for Elliott. I'll give you's a hint. This is what happen in Cleary's first year behind the helm...

2006.png

I got an idea for Elliott. I'll give you's a hint. This is what happen in Cleary's first year behind the helm...

View attachment 2330
half those guys left after the 2004 season under kemp didnt they. they all went and got themselves on foreign contracts like the other half of the team the year before under anderson. just a terrible time for the warriors really with so much experience packing their bags. it took a couple of years to recover from that. i guess the players had to cash in on their GF appearance and that was getting less and less possible as the losing seasons stacked up

We have to be to follow this team
I'm following Matagi at the moment. And I have to say it's quite relaxing... Solid performances week in week out, performances that will hold up under finals pressure... Kind of like Lowrie, very consistant, just with more grunt...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm following Matagi at the moment. And I have to say it's quite relaxing... Solid performances week in week out, performances that will hold up under finals pressure... Kind of like Lowrie, very consistant, but with grunt...

Fixed that for you ;)

half those guys left after the 2004 season under kemp didnt they. they all went and got themselves on foreign contracts like the other half of the team the year before under anderson. just a terrible time for the warriors really with so much experience packing their bags. it took a couple of years to recover from that. i guess the players had to cash in on their GF appearance and that was getting less and less possible as the losing seasons stacked up

Anderson was coach in 04 wasnt he?