General Co-owner Glenn calls Warriors circumstances diabolical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only person we haven't heard from is Donna Grant, as yet. Glenn's representative on the board. Owen claimed she had a close family bereavement at the time of the sacking - so this past weekend or so...

Reactions: Hitman82

macker

It would make an interesting poll I think to see who we fans would rather have as owner. Because it's going to come down to us fans deciding who sells and who stays surely. If either of those two were interested in giving up they would have done so already.

I gota say I'm leaning towards Glenn for owner at the moment. Assuming he does in fact want to buy Watson out like he says he does.

Watson seems to be a smooth, double talking, salesman extraordinar, focused on the bottom line and the big prize, while Glenn sounds more like someone I could have a beer with, who wants to sort out the clubs problems before aiming for world domination. I may be completely wrong, but from their two radio sport interviews at least that's the impression I'm getting.

Reactions: tajhay

Far Away Fan

Thanks, Ranger!

Sir Owen, you speak my language!

Some choice quotes:
"we need to be more determined in what players we need to secure in certain positions"
"hanging on to some of the old, experienced players a bit beyond their use by date"
"I think one of the problems is a lack of generalship on the paddock"
"a lack of integrity"

Please do what you've said you'll seriously consider [if you have the opportunity at a sensible price] and buy Watson out!

Are we possibly seeing a decoy in action from head office.
Saturday we are furious at the players for their junk.
Sunday we are furious at the players and the club for using Elliot as a scape goat.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, the head office / owners acts like children and create a side show now we are so distracted from our main issue which the players on field performance.

Reactions: Warrior482

macker

Are we possibly seeing a decoy in action from head office.
Saturday we are furious at the players for their junk.
Sunday we are furious at the players and the club for using Elliot as a scape goat.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, the head office / owners acts like children and create a side show now we are so distracted from our main issue which the players on field performance.
I reckon this whole thing has been a decoy alright. Where the heck did McaDadden come from. One minute we're after Bellach and Sheensie, multi-million dollar super coach to fix the warriors bla bla, and now we have ourselves another rookie being sold as the next big thing to lead us to the promised land of GF winning nirvana. I guess economy coach is their real priority and I should just Keep the Faith.:shifty:

Then OG comes out and tells it like it is and gets branded with the liars tag. What's most disappointing for me is Angry-Butch slamming OG. I always thought of him as our best club member, but now I'm not so sure even he's on the level.

And did anyone else think they could hear Scurrah talking when they were listening to Watson. Are those two twins or something?

Reactions: motu1

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I think if it came down to one or the other id say OG would be the one to walk away.
OG says that Watson treats it as his club and lets not forget if it wasnt for him we were facing a real possibility of not having a club.
As OG said himself hes barely involved in many aspects of the club and to be honest I think he just wants his own NZ franchise and is using Warriors as experience in obtaining that.
What a rivalry that would be!

Reactions: tajhay
Interesting thought, Andrew J, but I'd be surprised. Don't think Owen and Eric would throw themselves under or near any buses if they didn't really have to.

And anyway, the players haven't done anything for a week and can't till Sunday so there's nothing to be distracted from.

I think if it came down to one or the other id say OG would be the one to walk away.
OG says that Watson treats it as his club and lets not forget if it wasnt for him we were facing a real possibility of not having a club.
As OG said himself hes barely involved in many aspects of the club and to be honest I think he just wants his own NZ franchise and is using Warriors as experience in obtaining that.

Is Owen fixing things so that he sells his shares in the Warriors to Eric, and buys 50% of the Orcas shares - at a lower price, natch??

That would be some rivalry...Hard to say who's side I'm on at present as I don't particularly trust either of them. Just hope the coaching staff tell the players to block their ears, shut their eyes and focus on Sunday!!

Reactions: Mr Frank White
It would be a great move at this point, Warriors have a history of failure and a new team would have the opportunity to show how it should be done. The potential to take all the support outside Auckland would be there too, Auckland isn't exactly popular throughout the rest of NZ.

OGs comments this morning were interesting, he called EW a liar and didnt sugar coat it. I do think the the club has a recent history of deceiving fans and double talking and it seems to me to revolve around the core group in club management and board.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Thanks, Ranger!

Sir Owen, you speak my language!

Some choice quotes:
"we need to be more determined in what players we need to secure in certain positions"
"hanging on to some of the old, experienced players a bit beyond their use by date"
"I think one of the problems is a lack of generalship on the paddock"
"a lack of integrity"

Please do what you've said you'll seriously consider [if you have the opportunity at a sensible price] and buy Watson out!
also like the part about a complete change from the board room down.

Reactions: 1 person

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
As if I dont get enough shit about my team I now have family from Australia ringing me just to literally LOL. I consider myself a pretty hearty supporter but with all the shit thats been going down its been easier to try ignore the Warriors then waste more time following them both on field and off field such as on this forum. Then I go to the gas station and see the headlines on the Herald. FML!

The Owen Glenn statement is a strange dilemma. On the one hand I appreciate his forthright honesty. On the other Im pissed because he's now open us up to further ridicule. On the balance of things I have to disagree with Glenns approach. To me it is as unprofessional as the very act he is complaining about.

I dont think anyone believes for one second that Matt Elliott had in fact been put out to pasture. We all knew he had been taken around the back and shot. The strenuous denials from Wayne Scurrah were pathetic to say the least. Most round here are only too well aware of the emptiness of his words. That was a cock up that should, and hopefully will, be dealt with as a separate issue.

This is my issue though. It should have dealt with in house. A nice little memo to the press stating Wayne Scurrah or Bill Wavish had 'retired' should have been sent out. What Owen Glenn did was completely unprofessional and it beggars belief that he would be so stupid as to air his discontent so publicly. Dirty laundry anyone? Theres a lot of unprofessionalism oozing out of the Warriors from every nook and cranny but for an owner to make such a stinging public statement has only amplified and compounded the situation. Tell me this. If Mainfreight had some internal divisions or the owners were having a hissy fit, would Owen release a memo with the same forceful language? No he wouldnt because he knows his stocks will plummet and the company will suffer a long term setback. Well thats exactly whats happening to our stocks people. His actions have set this clubs public image back a few years.

Forget the coaching debacle. Thats nothing a winning streak wont fix. A late run into the top 8 and even just one game in late September and we will all be Matt who? What we have is much worse. A squabble at the top top. Losing players or coaches is tiddlywinks compared to the destabilising effect this issue can have on the club. One way or another those two have to sort it out fast. And quietly!

The club will survive. Those of us who have been around long enough will remember the Graham Lowe/Malcom Boyle and Tainui fiasco that was played out in the media with the same bitterness but was much more protracted. Funnily enough it was just before Eric Watson purchased the club.

I'll still a loyal supporter. Not with the brain dead retardedness of the #TrueWarrior philosophy. No. Questions need to be asked and answered. Heads should roll but I'll still be there on Sunday supporting the team. Besides, what the fuck am I suppose to do with all these jerseys???

As if I dont get enough shit about my team I now have family from Australia ringing me just to literally LOL. I consider myself a pretty hearty supporter but with all the shit thats been going down its been easier to try ignore the Warriors then waste more time following them both on field and off field such as on this forum. Then I go to the gas station and see the headlines on the Herald. FML!

The Owen Glenn statement is a strange dilemma. On the one hand I appreciate his forthright honesty. On the other Im pissed because he's now open us up to further ridicule. On the balance of things I have to disagree with Glenns approach. To me it is as unprofessional as the very act he is complaining about.

I dont think anyone believes for one second that Matt Elliott had in fact been put out to pasture. We all knew he had been taken around the back and shot. The strenuous denials from Wayne Scurrah were pathetic to say the least. Most round here are only too well aware of the emptiness of his words. That was a cock up that should, and hopefully will, be dealt with as a separate issue.

This is my issue though. It should have dealt with in house. A nice little memo to the press stating Wayne Scurrah or Bill Wavish had 'retired' should have been sent out. What Owen Glenn did was completely unprofessional and it beggars belief that he would be so stupid as to air his discontent so publicly. Dirty laundry anyone? Theres a lot of unprofessionalism oozing out of the Warriors from every nook and cranny but for an owner to make such a stinging public statement has only amplified and compounded the situation. Tell me this. If Mainfreight had some internal divisions or the owners were having a hissy fit, would Owen release a memo with the same forceful language? No he wouldnt because he knows his stocks will plummet and the company will suffer a long term setback. Well thats exactly whats happening to our stocks people. His actions have set this clubs public image back a few years.

Forget the coaching debacle. Thats nothing a winning streak wont fix. A late run into the top 8 and even just one game in late September and we will all be Matt who? What we have is much worse. A squabble at the top top. Losing players or coaches is tiddlywinks compared to the destabilising effect this issue can have on the club. One way or another those two have to sort it out fast. And quietly!

The club will survive. Those of us who have been around long enough will remember the Graham Lowe/Malcom Boyle and Tainui fiasco that was played out in the media with the same bitterness but was much more protracted. Funnily enough it was just before Eric Watson purchased the club.

I'll still a loyal supporter. Not with the brain dead retardedness of the #TrueWarrior philosophy. No. Questions need to be asked and answered. Heads should roll but I'll still be there on Sunday supporting the team. Besides, what the fuck am I suppose to do with all these jerseys???

Mental note to self : If we become millionares Dont buy a footy club..Just go fishing (in a huge super Yacht) in coro. and avoid the early coronary.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I reckon this whole thing has been a decoy alright. Where the heck did McaDadden come from. One minute we're after Bellach and Sheensie, multi-million dollar super coach to fix the warriors bla bla, and now we have ourselves another rookie being sold as the next big thing to lead us to the promised land of GF winning nirvana. I guess economy coach is their real priority and I should just Keep the Faith.:shifty:

Then OG comes out and tells it like it is and gets branded with the liars tag. What's most disappointing for me is Angry-Butch slamming OG. I always thought of him as our best club member, but now I'm not so sure even he's on the level.

And did anyone else think they could hear Scurrah talking when they were listening to Watson. Are those two twins or something?

this thing with the media going to the butch is confusing me. I dont believe that at any stage the butch was in the meeting (that did or did not happen). So all he is doing is parroting someone else. I can assume from the story he is passing on that he is not parroting Owen so that only leaves Eric/Scurrah. It makes me feel that the Butch has gotten to big for his boots saying that one of the owners is wrong and supporting another.

I would have much rather he had supported the players and the club

Fully agree with you here Mt W. It wasn't that ME was sacked, or resigned, or was pushed, or jumped that bothered me. We all knew if the warriors weren't getting results on the field, that there would be repercussions at some point this year... That it happened in Round 5 after a 2-3 start (or a 2-2 start depending on which set of "media" releases you listen to) was a bit earlier than most of us expected, but we still would have moved on and got past it... What really got me was a) they then lied to us saying he resigned (and yes I know ME has released an interview saying he agreed with the terms in the initial press release - his professionalism during this week has actually been spot on to the media - no comment on what he's potentially saying behind the scenes to the Mole), then b) they change their story, and then c) the in-fighting which has got to be marginally distracting for the team... this is one hell of a week to be a player, a coach or ex coach, a director, a part owner, a fan or even a sponsor for that organisation... there's a lot going through everyone's heads...

I only hope McFadden has taken the players aside and said - look, what happens behind the scenes and in the media is outside your control, what's inside your control is how you play for those 80 minutes on Sunday...

Either the real warriors will show up on Sunday, or the ones who played last Saturday will show up... I'm predicting a 13+ victory to one of the sides... I just don't know which side will be that one! I do know that Hasler will have the Dogs fired up, and they will be expecting an ambush!

We'll find out in about 48 hours I guess. Game faces on - it's time to roll the top ranked side and pull off a classic warriors ambush!

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
From the Mad Butchers latest newsletter...
Butch newsletter.png

Close up of the memo...
Butch newsletter memo.png

For those that cant make it out:

Sent: Sunday, 17th March 2013 11:22am
To: Wayne Scurrah
Subject: Recruitment

Wayne I received an E-mail from you about a meeting to take place tomorrow on this subject.

As Eric is well aware - and indeed some of the Board - that the shareholding held in the joint
company GWNZ that Eric is 50% equity shareholder, that in turn owns the Warriors, is not under my
control.

Therefore I have no part to play in any such discussion nor for that matter anything to do with the
NZ Warriors until this matter is resolved by the relevant court.

Sir Owen Glen...

From the Mad Butchers latest newsletter...
Close up of the memo...
For those that cant make it out:

Sent: Sunday, 17th March 2013 11:22am
To: Wayne Scurrah
Subject: Recruitment

Wayne I received an E-mail from you about a meeting to take place tomorrow on this subject.

As Eric is well aware - and indeed some of the Board - that the shareholding held in the joint
company GWNZ that Eric is 50% equity shareholder, that in turn owns the Warriors, is not under my
control.

Therefore I have no part to play in any such discussion nor for that matter anything to do with the
NZ Warriors until this matter is resolved by the relevant court.

Sir Owen Glen...

I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory on this - but it's an outlook email message... it could be faked quite easily in a couple of minutes... what I'm trying to say I guess is, just because there's a scanned copy of that - doesn't mean it's real. it doesn't mean it's not either.

Like most fans here - I'm guessing none of us know who to believe now... as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts today - I think both sides are lying, and both sides are probably telling glimpses of the truth... I'm just over it - will one of them please buy out the other one so we can live in peace?

and for the record - which piece was the Mole's "big announcement" that was coming today?

my head hurts from all this stuff...

Seems to me the OG email is more of a dig than anything confirming what he has said in the last couple days about being pushed out. I would imagine EW would be quite happy for him to pull the pin now that the club is in a pretty good place financially...... Disappointing week for the club but cant help but feel getting all this shyte out in the open finally we may see some action and accountability across all levels from the players to management. we are dreaming if we think a new coach is going to solve the same problems we see week after week season after season. Also found it interesting that AM said on the news tonight he would be sticking to the same game plan that ME had implemented? i thought no-one could understand those so called over technical game plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.