Rumour Club Culture Part 2 - rumours of discontent

Ryan

Heritage Member
You are not required to believe anything as credible on this website if you do not want to. Just because some people post as Anonymous, does not automatically mean that they are relaying actual facts. People with 'Anonymous' access have greater insight into what is happening inside the club, than your average user on here. This may range to ex warriors players, people associated with the club, to people with close links to current players etc. No one has stated that you are to accept what Anonymous posts, as facts.
I understand perfectly. My post was merely an appeal to PB's sensibility.

You are not required to believe anything as credible on this website if you do not want to. Just because some people post as Anonymous, does not automatically mean that they are relaying actual facts. People with 'Anonymous' access have greater insight into what is happening inside the club, than your average user on here. This may range to ex warriors players, people associated with the club, to people with close links to current players etc. No one has stated that you are to accept what Anonymous posts, as facts. It is quite uncanny that a few people 'Anonymous' and otherwise are reporting the same things. The source of the information from each of those posters seem to be different.

If they dont have to believe it...then why would you state these people "have great insight into what is happening inside the club, than your average user on here".
Cant it just be anybody like their mate is cousins with a fringe first grader :p

Reactions: surfin

tajhay

🏉
If they dont have to believe it...then why would you state these people "have great insight into what is happening inside the club, than your average user on here".
Cant it just be anybody like their mate is cousins with a fringe first grader :p
haha i do get your point, but noone has been given access to that feature if they have a friend who knows a friend who knows a fringe first grader ;)

Some of the information posted in the past few pages (not necessarily from Anonymous) has come from senior players within the warriors camp.

Doesnt change my own opinion that some of our players are behaving like schoolkids. Its the start of the new year, and they didnt get the teacher they wanted. So rather than adjusting to the new school teacher, they are just fucking up their own future, by failing to give a shit. That is basically the mentality that exists within the club right now.

Last edited:
If what has been said on the thread is right, it does mean that ME is running the ship and McFadden and others are just assistants. I mean coaching as in preparing the week by week coaching as part of a equal dialogue with ME having final decision. That is where his weakness lies fro past history, intransigence

Thats not how football clubs work - Head coaches are just the directors.
They bring in people who can add to the mix.

Macfadden being one of those people.

PolarBob

This is why I personally refuse to use such "evidence" to make a rational judgement. And to be frank, I am surprised, given the lack of hard data, that you are giving any credence to the dialogue. Ideally, we should be just as skeptical about anonymous data as we would from any other unverifiable source. We can bank the knowledge from such things, certainly, but to value such data as being, by default, credible is a terrible precedence.

My posts are taking the position that discounting Anon's post completely may be as foolish as accepting it similarly. There are people with information that pass it on. Some are right, some are wrong. Players and coaches alike may lie or embelish.The Admin have deemed Anon posters a reasonable source so I'm raising their input to a higher level than, say, inside info from me.

I choose to consider it a fragment to join the those from others, just as I do info or opinions from people like Sa, Mt Wellington, etc. When the fragments build up it still won't be hard data, but it might fairly represent a trend. And trends can have some accuracy.

No more nor less than that, Ryan. I'm fairly philosophical and that sensibily sits fine with me.

Last edited:

Ryan

Heritage Member
My posts are taking the position that discounting Anon's post completely may be as foolish as accepting it similarly. There are people with information that pass it on. Some are right, some are wrong. Players and coaches alike may lie or embelish.The Admin have deemed Anon posters a reasonable source so I'm raising their input to a higher level than, say, inside info from me.

I choose to consider it a fragment to join the those from others, just as I do info or opinions from people like Sa, Mt Wellington, etc. When the fragments build up it still won't be hard data, but it might fairly represent a trend. And trends can have some accuracy.

No more nor less that that, Ryan. I'm fairly philosophical and that sensibily sits fine with me.
Your reasoning is commendable. Our difference, I think, can be described as how we weigh such data.

Reactions: PolarBob
haha i do get your point, but noone has been given access to that feature if they have a friend who knows a friend who knows a fringe first grader ;)

Some of the information posted in the past few pages (not necessarily from Anonymous) has come from senior players within the warriors camp.

Doesnt change my own opinion that some of our players are behaving like schoolkids. Its the start of the new year, and they didnt get the teacher they wanted. So rather than adjusting to the new school teacher, they are just fucking up their own future. That is basically the mentality that exists within the club right now.

Why would you give the player access to behave like Schoolkids? It would be pretty sad for a Warriors FG'er to be logging into this site lol.
Do you have to ask for Anonymous?

I still dont believe it is as bad as they are trying to imply.
Guys like Matulino dont need to worry about game plan - he is a prop.

Judging by his profile pic - Im still picking Mt Wellington getting his info from young tongans like Taukieaho, Lousi & Havili.
Good prospects but bar Havili - wouldnt be fit to coach an Under 8 side.

Reactions: Sup42
You are not required to believe anything as credible on this website if you do not want to. Just because some people post as Anonymous, does not automatically mean that they are relaying actual facts. People with 'Anonymous' access have greater insight into what is happening inside the club, than your average user on here. This may range to ex warriors players, people associated with the club, to people with close links to current players etc. No one has stated that you are to accept what Anonymous posts, as facts. It is quite uncanny that a few people 'Anonymous' and otherwise are reporting the same things. The source of the information from each of those posters seem to be different.

That may be true to a point, but to claim that access as being absolute proof of a problem is probably not that smart unless they are being given access to this info by all involved in both sides of the argument rather than the prefered version of one portion of one side. Which also brings me back to the Anon quote. The way I see it nobody is going to admit the Dragons loss was because of anything other than done on purpose. Why would you say we played to the best of our ability that day and our ability was shit. It's a bit like whipping your old fella out and getting a photo of yourself and a mates dog and saying it was a misunderstood joke , rather than saying I'm a freak with a problem, or SBW saying I purposely slid over the dead ball line and made a dick of myself to show all other players to ground the ball immeadiately, after all he's possibly the best player ever and the only way that could happen is if he did it on purpose to prove a point.

tajhay

🏉
Why would you give the player access to behave like Schoolkids? It would be pretty sad for a Warriors FG'er to be logging into this site lol.
As far as i know, no current player has an account here. And last time i asked a player, i was told that they are specifically banned from this site and other forums.

Do you have to ask for Anonymous?
the people who currently have access to it did not ask. Keep in mind that majority of the registered members on this site have never posted at all on here.

I still dont believe it is as bad as they are trying to imply.
Maybe not. However there seems to be a consistent theme. There is definately something not right. DANZ, mt.wellington, ramraider78, and Anonymous accounts all seem to have different sources of varying degrees.

Judging by his profile pic - Im still picking Mt Wellington getting his info from young tongans like Taukieaho, Lousi & Havili.
lets not get into that. respect for all bro.

As far as i know, no current player has an account here. And last time i asked a player, i was told that they are specifically banned from this site and other forums.

the people who currently have access to it did not ask. Keep in mind that majority of the registered members on this site have never posted at all on here.

Maybe not. However there seems to be a consistent theme. There is definately something not right. DANZ, mt.wellington, ramraider78, and Anonymous accounts all seem to have different sources of varying degrees.

lets not get into that. respect for all bro.

I was just joking re: Mt Wellington. Peace.
I make all my posts regarding my egotistical Gus gould views on rugby league - which are not too bad lol

Im not friends with some fringe firstgraders like Mt Wellington & Ramraider (just jokes lol)

I still call BS on lot of this or at least a difference in perspective at least.

After the Penrith game they changed the gameplan ......the meeting they had was about effort, pride etc not about gameplan.
Ultimately that what got them playing better football imo

Your acting like little girls imo - saying that all the players dont like Ellliot et etc.
Yes all those senior players - regardless of what actually took place - Showed some leadership worked hard and helped the team get into some form.

Mannering, Friend, Leuluai, Lillyman, Mateo

Like I said they aint the one complaining....they are professionals.
Leulauai and Friend are two thirds of the playmakers.

They can create or would have massive input into the gameplan themselves.

Also it aint like ME is the only coach .....they have guys like Andrew Mcfadden who was halve himself.
And as I said earlier , maybe my english wasn't the best - Professionals think it through 1st before they make statements in public running the coach down - they privately think he's cake, - do you need a press conference slaughter to verify everything, bro? i'm surprised you haven't heard some of these things since you have a excellent grasp of the local game in Auckland - it's a fish bowl, people are accessible in the right social setting.

Mateo got cut to bits in the media at the end of last season IMO when he backed Iro for coach publicly can't see it happening again.

You forgot manu,ropati and Rapira to that senior leadership group.

Inruin

Contributor
I can see players not being happy with changes being made but as far as I can see from the outside it looks to me like all the decisions have been reasonably good and I'm pretty much in agreeance with all of them I think. Including who we have signed and who we have let go.

PolarBob

Your reasoning is commendable. Our difference, I think, can be described as how we weigh such data.
Agreed. Methodology notwithstanding, we're fortunate to avoid implementing the results of such weighing. The club and players have no such luxury.

Reactions: Ryan
I was just joking re: Mt Wellington. Peace.
I make all my posts regarding my egotistical Gus gould views on rugby league - which are not too bad lol
If you're Gus Gould , I'm Murray Deaker. I like the emotive stuff , swinging with the mood of the fans, and often can be irritating , but sometimes it gets people talking then that's good up to a point till it's too much.
Anyway, the stuff about changing the game plan is fact. The coach had to come out and recover lost ground by all those sky TV clips about ' the senior players came to ME and said the game plan wasn't working "....cut to a clip of Mateo giving a club sanctioned Sky interview before the Manly home game proclaiming exactly the same. word for word.
We took it as a sign the Coach and players were going to work out right , Matt was leading the charge for change within the club, starting with admitting he'd got things wrong at first.
I've got a good memory and if we go back to the early Elliot post matches , he blamed the Refs a fair bit.....when it was patently clear that the players walked out of the tunnel against Paramata determined to get their season off to a poor start , Elliot defended them , used miss direction and threw the DNA furniture quotes out there.....
The players had exactly the same attitude at Penrith , and it comes as no surprise they lay down to Penrith , Cronulla , and the dragons when finals and pride were on the line respectively. Elliot continued to defend them.

Are we now to believe that privately the players were angry and essentially blaming the coach ?

yes we are.

Again Elliot found an out for them.....allowed them to be seen as the leaders of change , he's pretty smart , no way did he take the credit for that turn around , that would have really pissed his squad off.

That sequence of inconsistent form was an exact repeat of the formula that was needed to get rid of Bluey. The players turned it on when it suited , then clocked off horribly after showing their talent....they left the secound half capitulations as a damming indictment of their coach , Mid season 2012 the eight was chase able , they put on some form in a narrow loss to the Broncos and threw the rest of the season in.
This talk of players throwing games isn't new , the joke is people demand proof ( look at the score board , how did we break the NRL record for 18 point lead blown the most times in a row ? that's an almost investigation worthy stat by a betting agency it is that rare ).

Johnson was fingered by Iro and dropped. Johnson was fingered by Elliot and pulled. Johnson squealed about ' halves having different Ideas to coaches '

I've shifted my thinking about Johnson , he's not the agitator I thought.....he just likes to open his trap and say what other people in his team are thinking.....are too experienced to make the mistake of admitting publicaly.

When I think back to that Interview with Elliot and then Mateo and the Snrs wanting change.....it was painted as the players going cap in hand.....I now wonder whether they went to the meeting softly softly at all , not bloody likely aye.

Elliot himself strikes me as a man with a temper ( you should have seen him snap at a lady who asked him what was the turn around about )......well you've seen him lose it with a reporter for ' not doing their research '

He would not be an easy man to approach , I'm not surprised the Seniors went as a group , can you imagine their talks before they showed up to work to confront the boss....risk the consequences.....

And as I said earlier , maybe my english wasn't the best - Professionals think it through 1st before they make statements in public running the coach down - they privately think he's cake, - do you need a press conference slaughter to verify everything, bro? i'm surprised you haven't heard some of these things since you have a excellent grasp of the local game in Auckland - it's a fish bowl, people are accessible in the right social setting.

Mateo got cut to bits in the media at the end of last season IMO when he backed Iro for coach publicly can't see it happening again.

You forgot manu,ropati and Rapira to that senior leadership group.

Yeah Manu, Ropati, Rapira are all proud club men.

Like ive said I heard nothing to this degree + all I have heard about is a few weak minds, some which are allready leaving.

I heard the radio interviews like everybody else - NAthan Friend reckoning the players turned it around.

Just because these players are in a NRL club doesnt mean they know cake about the game - 30% of them are rookies imo.
No disrepect at all but other than the senior players - guys like Fish, Taukieaho, Ikahihifo, Mara, Hurrell, Lousis', Gubb, Laumape dont even have a great understanding of the game yet ...still learning.

why are you are all talking about this just now - months after the season finished?
Months after they turn there season around.

If this is all coming from players interaction - how funny that it comes out after a big sooky about Russell Packer.

The players were challenged this year more than they have been in recent times.

Remember these inside scoops also said there was going to be a big exodus.
So only Packer + Taukieaho have left - Lowrie left for family reasons.

Nobody has left yet - people had the 'inside word' then.

Watch I would put money on Matulino & Johnson to sign upgrades/extenstion at the start of the year.

Hypothetical question:

How would fans feel if they found out that the warriors players played crap against the dragons on purpose to ensure that Elliot would not get credit for their midseason revival had they made the top 8?
Dragons game was very strange, I was on the hill right on the centre, and I was asking myself do boys want to win this game, only Leuluai and Friend played like true Professionals.

Hypothetical question:

How would fans feel if they found out that the warriors players played crap against the dragons on purpose to ensure that Elliot would not get credit for their midseason revival had they made the top 8?
I would be asking the players if they know what cutting off their noses to spite their faces means
I would ask them how the fook would they know what it felt like for life long rugby league supporters to watch them grinning after the Penrith rort , I would put to them that their pleas ' we felt bad , we're not stupid ' fall on deaf ears with fans if they could entertain laying down to prove a point in any game , I would tell them they have learned nothing.

I would ask them how are they to ever appreciate the feeling of having no power or influence over saving our club from a bunch of fools.

In my experience that line of mutinous thinking leads to a very bad place and culture.

I would ask these individuals to think very carefully before they are tainted by that toxic thinking and try it on Sam Tomkins , the team mate they don't want , the one they have the power to make look bad and feel unwelcome.......to prove to the club they don't want him to take the credit of their self inspired ' turn arrounds '

For a lot of Fans Tomkins symbolises some pucking hope. So many of us in Warrior land can't take much more from this team. Two years of feeling hopeless

Last edited:
Dragons game was very strange, I was on the hill right on the centre, and I was asking myself do boys want to win this game, only Leuluai and Friend played like true Professionals.

What pissed me off about that last match against the Dragons was the fact that a week earlier Vatuvei and Johnson registered hat tricks against the Raiders, put 50 on them and we looked like world beaters, turn up the next week against the Dragons and most of the players looked disinterested! why the fark play out of your skin one week then play like absolute losers the next, something fishy going on there!?.