Rumour Club Culture Part 2 - rumours of discontent

Inruin

Contributor
so, by that rational they will be wasting another season, despite the talent we have, just to prove that the coach is no good? Another year of not playing semi finals and competiting for the premiership? Until they find a coach they like? which may never happen? time is short boys, suck it up and win one then you have the chance to have a voice. until then you are playing crap like you always have.

PolarBob

I want a premiership like everyone else on here, I'm just not convinced ME is the coach to get us there, but if We win the GF next season - I'll put my hand and say I was wrong.

I know people say the players should look at themselves , okay some players are being shown the door, fair enough - what's next , major roster shake up? reading posts like tasting wood to win a GF is just crazy to me. This is just my opinion but I'm sure the club has a exit strategy if ME doesn't work out next season - the Shane Wane rumor this year?

Club put all the eggs in the Bellamy basket. It didn't pan out, so they took a different tack. ME isn't the ideal coach for the Warriors, but the club has enough obstacles without being trigger happy with coaches. They need to be seen to be stable behind the scenes. 2015's new coach will back themselves to sort the player side of things out. (Guys in the know, what's the player feedback on McFadden?)

I'm expecting a better year in 2014, but not by much. Some players to be casualties, and for ME to sail off into the sunset as part of a bargaining tool with key off-contract talent. First grade won't necessarily be better for his stint, but the club as a whole should be (though how much is a direct result of ME can be argued).

Of course, if ME gets an extension we're probably fucked. Related, I wonder how long it will be before Dean Bell takes Scurrah's job? 2016/2017?

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I don't believe the stories of the players changing the gameplan without Elliott's knowledge. If it continued more than once or twice, any coach would drop the instigators for insubordination, surely. No coach would be happy to allow his team to play against his wishes.

I love a good conspiracy, but I think this one has gained a life of its own, and has gone rabid.
This is no conspiracy theory. This is from the horses mouths. I would love to name names but Ive said too much already...

Reactions: Coconut29

PolarBob

Why pose 'Anonymous' and then pose a 'Hyperthetical question'. Defeats the purpose of the 'Anonymous' feature.

Either grow some balls and tell something of substance or stop shit-stirring and use your own I.D.

The substance is in the post. Posed a hypothetical question because that's how they chose to frame it. In reality, it's a rhetorical question presented as a hypothetical one in order to elicit responses, rather than being a statement requiring no answer. Have to trust the Admins on their due diligence that Anonymous isn't trolling, Brightman. They've trusted them in return.

The substance is in the post. Posed a hypothetical question because that's how they chose to frame it. In reality, it's a rhetorical question presented as a hypothetical one in order to elicit responses, rather than being a statement requiring no answer. Have to trust the Admins on their due diligence that Anonymous isn't trolling, Brightman. They've trusted them in return.
Yes yes I understand all that jazz but what substance is there in that post, at best it's hearsay anyway

Hypothetical question:

How would fans feel if they found out that the warriors players played crap against the dragons on purpose to ensure that Elliot would not get credit for their midseason revival had they made the top 8?

Mate if they are that thick there is no fucking hope, like I've said before quit league and get a job digging ditches. I don't believe a bloke like Matagi that has gone from being one of Sups boarders to an international prop in 12 months under ME would think he sucks. Big difference , his attitude is obviously bang on. To take the whole sack ME thing a little further, let's say management agree, ME gets a don't come Monday in his Christmas stocking. Scurrah goes to the players, who do you want to coach you, they all agree Wayne Bennett, so a few strings are pulled, a couple of favours called in and a giant cheque gets written, and the Warriors start the 2014 season with Bennett. Half way through the year they are in the same place as the last 2 years and the rumblings start, end of the year they still miss the 8, which is what happened to Bennett at the Knights, and we start getting it straight from the horses mouth they went like shit because Bennett can't coach, because it obviously couldn't be the players fault in any shape or form cause people keep telling them how good they are. After all it must be true cause some of us heard stories directly from the players themselves over a beer at the bowling club and if they had a better coach they would be top 4. My point, at what stage do the players accept some of the responsibilty for what they serve up on the field. ME may not be the answer but he isn't the only problem.

For a start, Friend was never a running hooker, and he had no kicking game until very recently. You don't discover that sort of thing without someone telling you to do it.

None of what you are saying is convinving me of anything. I still don't believe any of those 3 would need to change their game, regardless of the coaches gameplan. They are all natural tacklebots, and that is the game they would be playing regardless of the gameplan. No gameplan that I can think of would have them doing any different.

Friend was an awesome running hooker at the titans, remember he was rated one of the top hookers in the game before he came to us. there is no way you can be classed as a good hooker if all you do is tackle and pass. kicking game? he put in some good grubbers at the line this season, he was doing that at the titans and getting repeat sets also.

All 3 of them are solid defenders, no co-incidence that all 3 of them have awesome attitudes towards the game. They are going to tackle a lot no matter the game, that is their attitude. When you love tackling and you are good at it, you kind of feel like you are not part of the game unless you are doing so.

But the game plan I talk about that was changed was more so on attack, you have to have a game plan that works to the strengths of your team - you cant come to the team with this preconceived style that doesnt take into consideration the strengths of the players. i.e. - not letting friend run more often when he is quite a strong runner of the ball, giving hurrell flat passes at the line when his hands are not the best, not letting johnson run sideways when he's probably the best in the game at it, not designing a system to allow leuluai to straighten up run at the line draw in players and create space for the wingers (much like foran does at manly or in the kiwis game this morning) when leuluai was one of the best at doing so in the ESL under mcguire.

skepticism is awesome bro, i've always been encouraged to never believe in anything 100% and to always keep an open mind.

he's a crap coach bro, that's all.[DOUBLEPOST=1382920959][/DOUBLEPOST]
Club put all the eggs in the Bellamy basket. It didn't pan out, so they took a different tack. ME isn't the ideal coach for the Warriors, but the club has enough obstacles without being trigger happy with coaches. They need to be seen to be stable behind the scenes. 2015's new coach will back themselves to sort the player side of things out. (Guys in the know, what's the player feedback on McFadden?)

I'm expecting a better year in 2014, but not by much. Some players to be casualties, and for ME to sail off into the sunset as part of a bargaining tool with key off-contract talent. First grade won't necessarily be better for his stint, but the club as a whole should be (though how much is a direct result of ME can be argued).

Of course, if ME gets an extension we're probably fucked. Related, I wonder how long it will be before Dean Bell takes Scurrah's job? 2016/2017?

from what i've heard bro the players like mcfadden, one of the few they do like.

Seriously, we don't need another 2012 in 2014. This club needs to sort it's shit out. If it is true that Elliott is simply unplayable for, then at the end of the day, regardless of what we all think about the fact that the players need to be accountable, you have to get rid of him. I thought he was doing alright, but if the things coming out now are true, I can't see how the club can sustain it's currant trajectory. It's bound to end in tears.

As for the whole game plan argument, surely that is a basic outline decided during the week, but surely both coach and players must be able to move and change it to suit what's in front of them, and if neither group is capable of that lets all just pack up and go home. Have some pride in your own performance, not trying to justify your missed tackles, bad reads and lack of effort on someone else. They may as well start blaming the fans for their efforts cause we don't know how to support them, "cause youse don't know us".[DOUBLEPOST=1382921800][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seriously, we don't need another 2012 in 2014. This club needs to sort it's shit out. If it is true that Elliott is simply unplayable for, then at the end of the day, regardless of what we all think about the fact that the players need to be accountable, you have to get rid of him. I thought he was doing alright, but if the things coming out now are true, I can't see how the club can sustain it's currant trajectory. It's bound to end in tears.
And replace him with? I hear Captain America might be available.

PolarBob

Yes yes I understand all that jazz but what substance is there in that post, at best it's hearsay anyway

The post's substance fully depends on who it has come from. And, unlikely as it may be, at best would be that Anon is one of the players involved in what was mentioned.

It's hard to judge in isolation, so I just take it at face value and add to the growing pile of anecdotal evidence.

Under performing, poor attitudes, social media dickheads, player power

Sounds like the Black caps

Front office need to step up and squash it

Im not friends with some fringe firstgraders like Mt Wellington & Ramraider (just jokes lol)

I still call BS on lot of this or at least a difference in perspective at least.

After the Penrith game they changed the gameplan ......the meeting they had was about effort, pride etc not about gameplan.
Ultimately that what got them playing better football imo

Your acting like little girls imo - saying that all the players dont like Ellliot et etc.
Yes all those senior players - regardless of what actually took place - Showed some leadership worked hard and helped the team get into some form.

Mannering, Friend, Leuluai, Lillyman, Mateo

Like I said they aint the one complaining....they are professionals.
Leulauai and Friend are two thirds of the playmakers.

They can create or would have massive input into the gameplan themselves.

Also it aint like ME is the only coach .....they have guys like Andrew Mcfadden who was halve himself.

Reactions: Blindside and Sup42
Players have been ignoring coaches as soon as the first teams and coaches were selected. It is the role of the senior players to have those 'robust' communications with the coach. A smart coach is one who can admit he is wrong. Matt has said he has learnt from past mistakes, we shall see. I have said before that he will not deliver a premiership win, but can provide the club structures and mentality to deliver that premiership. That is where I see Elliot's strength, not actual coaching.

I would be interested to hear how the players relate to McFadden. I wouldn't mind seeing him take more of the week by week coaching and Elliott more the big club picture stuff. I wouldn't have minded an experienced coach like Neil Henry here as well. I would like the Graham Henry/Wayne Smith/Steve Hansen template where the assistants do the coaching and Elliott a step away from the team in a Coaching Manager type role.

I think generally ME has a done a good job in sorting the club structures. His actual FG coaching seems to be a worry. It seems to me that there is a big difference in those roles.

Ryan

Heritage Member
It's hard to judge in isolation, so I just take it at face value and add to the growing pile of anecdotal evidence.
This is why I personally refuse to use such "evidence" to make a rational judgement. And to be frank, I am surprised, given the lack of hard data, that you are giving any credence to the dialogue. Ideally, we should be just as skeptical about anonymous data as we would from any other unverifiable source. We can bank the knowledge from such things, certainly, but to value such data as being, by default, credible is a terrible precedence.

Players have been ignoring coaches as soon as the first teams and coaches were selected. It is the role of the senior players to have those 'robust' communications with the coach. A smart coach is one who can admit he is wrong. Matt has said he has learnt from past mistakes, we shall see. I have said before that he will not deliver a premiership win, but can provide the club structures and mentality to deliver that premiership. That is where I see Elliot's strength, not actual coaching.

I would be interested to hear how the players relate to McFadden. I wouldn't mind seeing him take more of the week by week coaching and Elliott more the big club picture stuff. I wouldn't have minded an experienced coach like Neil Henry here as well. I would like the Graham Henry/Wayne Smith/Steve Hansen template where the assistants do the coaching and Elliott a step away from the team in a Coaching Manager type role.

I think generally ME has a done a good job in sorting the club structures. His actual FG coaching seems to be a worry. It seems to me that there is a big difference in those roles.

How do you know that not already the case - its not like McFadden is a part time coach.
He would be there - he probably does all the attack or all of the defense etc.

McFadden was quite rated as an Assistant coach - he left his hometown of Canberra to come to Warriors.
so he obviously believes in elliot / excited for the challenge and thinks he might be able to get a Head coach gig by the end of it.

tajhay

🏉
This is why I personally refuse to use such "evidence" to make a rational judgement. And to be frank, I am surprised, given the lack of hard data, that you are giving any credence to the dialogue. Ideally, we should be just as skeptical about anonymous data as we would from any other unverifiable source. We can bank the knowledge from such things, certainly, but to value such data as being, by default, credible is a terrible precedence.
You are not required to believe anything as credible on this website if you do not want to. Just because some people post as Anonymous, does not automatically mean that they are relaying actual facts. People with 'Anonymous' access have greater insight into what is happening inside the club, than your average user on here. This may range to ex warriors players, people associated with the club, to people with close links to current players etc. No one has stated that you are to accept what Anonymous posts, as facts. It is quite uncanny that a few people 'Anonymous' and otherwise are reporting the same things. The source of the information from each of those posters seem to be different.

How do you know that not already the case - its not like McFadden is a part time coach.
He would be there - he probably does all the attack or all of the defense etc.

McFadden was quite rated as an Assistant coach - he left his hometown of Canberra to come to Warriors.
so he obviously believes in elliot / excited for the challenge and thinks he might be able to get a Head coach gig by the end of it.

If what has been said on the thread is right, it does mean that ME is running the ship and McFadden and others are just assistants. I mean coaching as in preparing the week by week coaching as part of a equal dialogue with ME having final decision. That is where his weakness lies fro past history, intransigence