Rumour Club Culture Part 2 - rumours of discontent

Get rid of all the troublemaker players no matter what there status...Matulino is my favorite player but if he gonna be a sook and underperform he can piss off too

The club comes first

Reactions: 12 users
Get rid of all the troublemaker players no matter what there status...Matulino is my favorite player but if he gonna be a sook and underperform he can piss off too

The club comes first

Absolutely agree , I don't have any favorites when their being childish idiots, you're in the firing line regardless of your reputation and status, I got no time for players who don't put the club ahead of their own agenda, I got no time for unprofessional players who under perform and under mine the coach by playing like slugs on purpose, the club should always come first no matter what.

Reactions: 1 user
Im sorry but your are apologists lol.

My point was it guys I have named? if not then its the players that need to come to the party.
Cut the excuses you have been crap for bluey, iro and at time elliot.
The senior playing group are holding the boys together behind the scenes, the brotherhood and the love of the club - it's well documented at ME's previous clubs he can be a bit erratic (that's including the roosters - there's a few hawks boys over there who I find reliable sources) , look at his results. I'm still willing to roll with him for 2014 for 2015 don't know; TBH he wasn't anyone's 1st choice as coach rather last man standing.

Your kidding yourself if you think it's just fringe 1st graders that are just whining - they are stupid enough to say it in public, seniors are a bit more professional to air the dirty laundry in public IMO.

As I have heard it first hand, ME's game plan for brisbane was kaka , the boys changed it in the tunnel and look at the score, 56 - 18.

Reactions: 9 users
The last time the Warriors had massive rumblings of player discontent was the Tainui/ Lowe & Boyle era, and they lost guys like Kearney and at the end Big Joe and Robbie Mears etc. Players we could absolutely not afford to lose. Guess what happened, the Warriors went on to 3 of their most successful years ever. I keep saying it, every player is replaceable. Although I'd certainly just prefer it if the players we had that are behaving like prima donas just pulled their heads out of their own arses, stopped posting "private" conversations on twitter and put the effort into winning a premiership.

The senior playing group are holding the boys together behind the scenes, the brotherhood and the love of the club - it's well documented at ME's previous clubs he can be a bit erratic (that's including the roosters - there's a few hawks boys over there who I find reliable sources) , look at his results. I'm still willing to roll with him for 2014 for 2015 don't know; TBH he wasn't anyone's 1st choice as coach rather last man standing.

Your kidding yourself if you think it's just fringe 1st graders that are just whining - they are stupid enough to say it in public, seniors are a bit more professional to air the dirty laundry in public IMO.

As I have heard it first hand, ME's game plan for brisbane was kaka , the boys changed it in the tunnel and look at the score, 56 - 18.

There is no smoke withou fire, players wanting out. Unfortunately I just dontnthink Matt Elliott can generate the righ culture at any club his results have proved this.

It's easy to say players need to grow up, well it's the players usually the senior tha drive the culture, just like senior employees in your workplace.

The signing of Tomkins I dont think will help improve the performances too much especially if the players are not on the same page.

Reactions: 4 users
The signing of Tomkins I dont think will help improve the performances too much especially if the players are not on the same page.

True. It seems to me there is one person 2014 hinges on, potentially more than any other - Thomas Leuluai. We all know he commands enormous respect from the playing group. Moreover, he is equally respected by the coaching staff. He also happens to be Tomkins biggest ally in the dressing room.

If Leuluai can galvanize the team, get them to understand how special it is to get a player like Sam come play with them, to get them to play with and for Sam in the same way they would for anyone else in the side... Anything is possible in 2014.

Otherwise, with some of the rumors coming out of the camp lately... We could be in for a long period of it not being very much fun to be a Warriors fan.

Reactions: 4 users

If they stayed with ME's plan could of won 56-0

Reactions: 2 users
If they stayed with ME's plan could of won 56-0

Hell yeah, does make me wonder why the didn't improve the game plan in the tunnel before the Penrith game, or even during it for that matter, or the Parra, Cronulla, or Dragons games. On top of that did the also decide to change the game plan half way through the games where they gave up18/20 point leads.

Reactions: 2 users
To be honest a part of me is loving this change in the atmosphere. Part of me knowing it could blow up down the track. Then the other part of me says. What were we supposed to do? Stay in our bottom eight mind set. Never taking risks. Never chase big signings for fear it could upset some players? Hell no. We try to fly or we crash and burn. But fuck this bottom eight mind set never trying to upset anyone. Fuck that shit. Go club. Get rich or die trying as Fiddy would say.

Really? Are you sure? Because that sounds as though you've just scripted another TUI billboard!

Reactions: 3 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Really? Are you sure? Because that sounds as though you've just scripted another TUI billboard!
Its real. You'll be shocked by who said 'Fuck that stupid plan. Lets do...'. Someone just a few posts back has hit the nail on the head in terms of the respect factor.

Some of you here have a man crush on Elliott. It cant be him. You also seem to think thats its only a few bad apples that are against Elliott and his all over the place coaching style. What if I told you it was the whole team? Shall we clear the playing roster and keep the coach. Do the players have no right to do what they feel is right/best for the club and their futures? Do you not think the players are the best placed people to see the direction the coach is taking them?

Elliott has a bad history of doing this crap at several different clubs in 2 different countries. You'll all wake up sooner or later. But in the mean time keep up your Elliott the messiah brainwash stance. Im sure every boss you worked for was right and you followed them to the edge of cliff and jumped.

Cant wait for the ideological rants to come. Guess what? The worlds not perfect!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Its real. You'll be shocked by who said 'Fuck that stupid plan. Lets do...'. Someone just a few posts back has hit the nail on the head in terms of the respect factor.

Some of you here have a man crush on Elliott. It cant be him. You also seem to think thats its only a few bad apples that are against Elliott and his all over the place coaching style. What if I told you it was the whole team? Shall we clear the playing roster and keep the coach. Do the players have no right to do what they feel is right/best for the club and their futures? Do you not think the players are the best placed people to see the direction the coach is taking them?

Elliott has a bad history of doing this crap at several different clubs in 2 different countries. You'll all wake up sooner or later. But in the mean time keep up your Elliott the messiah brainwash stance. Im sure every boss you worked for was right and you followed them to the edge of cliff and jumped.

Cant wait for the ideological rants to come. Guess what? The worlds not perfect!!!

True or not in regards to Elliott at some point it has to be accepted that the coach is the coach, and therefore the boss or do we go down the Bluey path and sack the coach 6 weeks before the end of the season every year for the next 10? That attitude is guaranteed to have the best coaches lining up for a job here, do the players have no rights in regard to the way the team goes, of course not they need input, but at the same time if they want the credit for changing the game plan cause it sucked and getting a good result, they need to accept the blame for the times they suck as well, and there has been plenty of those times in the last 2 years. Lets end your love affair with all the players cause you know some of them and what appears to be your belief that they can do no wrong. Hell all I want is for the whole organisation to accept ownership of what the do individually and as a group.

Reactions: 1 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Lets end your love affair with all the players cause you know some of them and what appears to be your belief that they can do no wrong
Thats BS. Ive never been shy to call players to account if their on field performance warranted it. Read my old match reports and tell me otherwise. I dont really dabble in fiction or conspiracy theories.

All Im trying to do is tell you something real from inside the camp. Not some of the BS posts people make assuming this and that.

If thats the way you feel I'll keep that shit to myself...

Thats BS. Ive never been shy to call players to account if their on field performance warranted it. Read my old match reports and tell me otherwise. I dont really dabble in fiction or conspiracy theories.

All Im trying to do is tell you something real from inside the camp. Not some of the BS posts people make assuming this and that.

Wasn't going for the argument but to use your analogy about bad bosses, that can be true but a bosses job isn't there to be your buddy but your boss and every person in the world will say when something bad happened it was cause of someone/thing else, like I said if you want the credit when it goes good don't shift the blame when it doesn't. Just a question, how many times have the players said to you, we didn't follow the coaches game plan and had a lesson on how to play footy, maybe we should have followed the instructions, as opposed to we didn't follow the game plan and look how awesome we were. Elliott has already admitted being wrong at times and changed the plan to what the players wanted, haven't heard to many admissions the other way around. By the way, although I don't know any of the current squad I like many others have known some of them at different times, so have at times been privy to inside info, but in the end it's still only one persons opinion on something. If you don't want to share so be it, but I'm guessing like we have seen here 1000's of times just about everyone has a quote/opinion directly from a legit contact.

Maybe you should...cause the players sound like
a bunch of child care pre schoolers.that need hugs and kisses when they cant get there own way
Things need to change at the club.starting with the roster
Im not sold on Elliott.but he on the right track

Reactions: 1 users
Its real. You'll be shocked by who said 'Fuck that stupid plan. Lets do...'. Someone just a few posts back has hit the nail on the head in terms of the respect factor. Some of you here have a man crush on Elliott. It cant be him. You also seem to think thats its only a few bad apples that are against Elliott and his all over the place coaching style. What if I told you it was the whole team? Shall we clear the playing roster and keep the coach. Do the players have no right to do what they feel is right/best for the club and their futures? Do you not think the players are the best placed people to see the direction the coach is taking them? Elliott has a bad history of doing this crap at several different clubs in 2 different countries. You'll all wake up sooner or later. But in the mean time keep up your Elliott the messiah brainwash stance. Im sure every boss you worked for was right and you followed them to the edge of cliff and jumped. Cant wait for the ideological rants to come. Guess what? The worlds not perfect!!!

i've heard the same thing - kind of been waiting to hear it from someone else before posting myself. what i've heard is that matt elliott came to the club with this certain game plan - some kind of style that would allow him to be seen as this coaching great - the players themselves didnt really feel it was best suited to the team and their players however, they decided to give it a go - as that is what you do, follow the coaches orders.

they stuck with the game plan through the pre-season and at the start of the year until they got smashed by Penrith in season. You will then remember the team had that 'crisis' meeting and things started to turn around for them. well as part of that 'crisis' meeting the team decided to go away from ME's game plan. when the team went away from the game plan they had much more success.

sure the team still had some crap games after that penrith one. but consider how tough it would be for the players to be training one way for the whole week and then have to change that within a few meetings - i know the team continued to have secret meetings away from coach but i couldnt see them being able to have secret training sessions. i know there were players who went to ME to tell him things werent working but he wouldnt have none of it - he wanted them to stick with his plan.

there is a lot of dislike for ME - they say he has brought a few good things into the team - but the bad outweighs the good.

what amazed me most about all of this was the decision of the senior players to go away from the game plan - they could have easily stuck with ME's game plan throughout the season and probably lost more games - finished closer to the bottom and then ME's head would have been closer to the chopping block - but they decided for their own good that they wanted a successful season - they were still top 8 contenders right up until that last game.

i think we seen our senior players stand up through the season - the likes of Mannering, Friend and Leuluai and I bet these are the one's who were at the forefront of those meetings. they looked like they wanted it more, they had a point to prove - they were demanding better from their team mates - showing them that they need to stop sulking about our coach being crap and play hard to win anyway.

the players' who didnt perform well - the likes of matulino, mateo and packer who we expect more from seem to me like the sooky types - the my coach is crap so im not going to play hard. i'd much rather prefer people who go out and play with their all each week.

what did i want you to gain from this post? probably that mtwellington is spot on - i always enjoy reading your comments bro. Matt Elliott is a very strange coach, and not someone we want at our club - he is known as "The Riddler" amongst the team - because he is very well spoken - he can twist and turn things so they look positive for him - we've seen how he is on camera, now imagine what yarns he is spinning to the team and management.

ideally i'd like to see him cut before the start of the season but cant see that happening. i suppose if we keep bringing it up then some journo will troll through and help to spread the facts - imagine if we could get that done.

Reactions: 10 users
Oath. I watched Moneyball only a few nights ago and the ruthlessness of the player trading, as depicted in the film, certainly comes to mind.
To right our players in this part of the world both in league and union have it quite good. The majority of the time they get to play for their home town or a team they choose to play for either due to the money on offer or coaching, personnel etc.

Can't remember if it was in the movie but the book money ball recounted an incident before a game where he made some trades and ended up getting a guy who was down the corridor in the opposition ironing his shirt ready to play. Poor Mexican guy was quite confused getting the oppositions shirt to play his team mates up until 30 minutes ago.

Again I'm not trying to defend ME, history says he hasn't been that successful, but the players last year got Bluey sacked cause he didn't fit "their" game plan. So they were shit all year, so this year they followed the game plan till after the Penrith game, then turned the season around for 8 weeks coaching themselves. Awesome we all got stiffys, but unfortunately the season was 7 or so weeks longer than that and the team managed to serve up more of the same shit from the previous year. My point did they suddenly go ok we have proved if we do our own thing we're unbeatable, but lets go back to ME's game plan to prove he knows nothing and we know everything. Cause if it was their aim they absolutely proved it. Shame they couldn't play ME's plan first half, get hammered then change at half time back to their better system and have the hell comeback.

Again I'm not trying to defend ME, history says he hasn't been that successful, but the players last year got Bluey sacked cause he didn't fit "their" game plan. So they were shit all year, so this year they followed the game plan till after the Penrith game, then turned the season around for 8 weeks coaching themselves. Awesome we all got stiffys, but unfortunately the season was 7 or so weeks longer than that and the team managed to serve up more of the same shit from the previous year. My point did they suddenly go ok we have proved if we do our own thing we're unbeatable, but lets go back to ME's game plan to prove he knows nothing and we know everything. Cause if it was their aim they absolutely proved it. Shame they couldn't play ME's plan first half, get hammered then change at half time back to their better system and have the hell comeback.
or better yet, announce their intention before the outcome is known.