Rumour Club Culture Part 2 - rumours of discontent

Buck777

I remember at the 2011 NRL GF they completely ran out of warriors gear. There was heaps of manly gear left. Warriors fans buy big, probably way bigger than other clubs. They sold out of 2000 nines jerseys - that is massive. I personally wouldn't of seen that coming . That $360,000 in jersey sales alone. The apparel desicions are odd though. They sold out of the nines warrior capes - which I thought looked great - and have no plans to make any more. Would've thought they were more enterprising than that.

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

In 2011 leading up to the grand final in felt like the country had run out of Warriors gear; judging by trying to get gear around Auckland and hearing mates around the country struggling to find gear.

Reactions: 1 user
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Borrowed this from LU.

Some dude who claims to be a Sky employee on the outer giving his thoughts on the world of the Warriors sideline.

https://en.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/...warriors_home/
The last part of this post doesnt sound good.
Upload 2014 9 1 10 45 59

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Bell does the hiring and firing right, it's not a popular job description.

Reactions: 5 users

Far Away Fan

Yes, but also, lower down the reddit page, in answer to "any reason as to why they hate him?" (Bell)

"I was talking to a family member of a former Warriors coach today and has his gossip confirmed by a current staff member today. Supposedly very arrogant and an outright dick"

Hadyn

Hadyn

Agree with Eudebrito totally.Nothing in this about "rumours of discontent" at all.
This latest bunch of posts is based on the observations of some guy on the sideline who hasn't told us really jack shit about anything.
Dean Bell has a job which would win and lose friends at any club and everybody knows that McIvor is obviously the love child of a weirdo and Frankenstein and who then had his schooling at Tosser College.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Blain

Blain

It's a little un nerving having a guy widely regarded as a total dick heading the recruitment drive. I'm hopeful Doyle coming in fresh will iron out any of these so called cracks in the administration.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

That rapist bit is pretty harsh. To make a comment like that without any back-up story is repugnant. Now half the team will have to wear a suspected rapist badge until this is forgotten about. "not convicted, but definite rapist" sounds like a personal vendetta. To say not convicted indicates it has been through a court process, with an acquital or mis-trial.

I haven't read the rest of the article but will go back and have a look later when I get a chance.

mrblonde

mrblonde

That rapist bit is pretty harsh. To make a comment like that without any back-up story is repugnant. Now half the team will have to wear a suspected rapist badge until this is forgotten about. "not convicted, but definite rapist" sounds like a personal vendetta. To say not convicted indicates it has been through a court process, with an acquital or mis-trial.

I haven't read the rest of the article but will go back and have a look later when I get a chance.

Don't bother, mate.

Reddit AMAs are not in remotely a good source of information. AMA: Ask Me Anything. Bollocks, usually turns into "Some Of You Ask Me A Question Or Two Then Asker 15 Reply To Asker 5's Question, Asker 20 Suggest To Asker 8 Why The Answerer Didn't Answer His/Her/It's Question, Then Just Talk Crap...."

Dumbo for making the rapist comment on a forum. There forever. If I was a U20s player who somehow got implicated, I'd get lawyered up and take this printout along to my first meeting with my lawyer as maybe defamation evidence (or is he being too vague?).

smc

Dumbo for making the rapist comment on a forum. There forever. If I was a U20s player who somehow got implicated, I'd get lawyered up and take this printout along to my first meeting with my lawyer as maybe defamation evidence (or is he being too vague?).

If he's not going to sack up and name someone he's essentially implicated all of them hasn't he?
He's said one of the players is a rapist, pretty much the worst thing you could call someone. Club should step in and put an end to this sort of shit if not true.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The last part of this post doesnt sound good.
View attachment 9963
Glad you screenshot that because its been taken down. Every player Ive spoken to hate Carl Jennings. Just a complete prick apparently. Have heard things about Dean but had to know how genuine it is as most of it has come from cast offs who havent been re-signed...

snake77

snake77

Glad you screenshot that because its been taken down. Every player Ive spoken to hate Carl Jennings. Just a complete prick apparently. Have heard things about Dean but had to know how genuine it is as most of it has come from cast offs who havent been re-signed...
Most players on the way out will probably not be too happy. It's the player that are signed up that we want to keep which are unhappy when we have a problem. Like the situation under Elliot.

Jennings we heard how great a trainer he was after signing him from the Crusaders. The fitness of the squad the last few years would seem there is an issue somewhere.

A hard task master who shouts etc is fine; what you describe is a bit more than that.

My concern is we had a coach the players are happy with and who has raised the standards. We need a pre season that continues those standards. Will Jennings be able to do that?

brightman

brightman

Somebody's jilted ex lover writes some shit that's unsubstantiated on a forum is hardly worth an inquiry

stacky18

The reddit is a little interesting but mostly a load of rubbish. He says he was 13 in 2010, so hes a 17 year old whose just quit as a cable carrier. Anyone at Mt Smart see a 17 year old carrying cable for a camera man against the Roosters? That's the guy.
He was also coached by Ackland. Does Ackland still coach these days?
This kid might be legit, but there are some major accusations that could ruin someones future there.
Also whats up with the Vossy hate?

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Sorta interesting but bit of a dick move rubbishing your employer when you move on (for any reason) Sound like an immature member of the entitled generation to me.

• Haha

Onewarrior

The reddit is a little interesting but mostly a load of rubbish. He says he was 13 in 2010, so hes a 17 year old whose just quit as a cable carrier. Anyone at Mt Smart see a 17 year old carrying cable for a camera man against the Roosters? That's the guy.
He was also coached by Ackland. Does Ackland still coach these days?
This kid might be legit, but there are some major accusations that could ruin someones future there.
Also whats up with the Vossy hate?
Yeah the guy does not make sense, says he's been working for Sky for 4 years, but was 13 in 2010, and all the other work experience he says he's had, coached by Ackand etc, would of thought he'd of been at school most of the time.