Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Again IMO one of those pointless media circus's. what are they going to say, "He was a good boy growing up, We never thought he was capable." Leave him as a faceless nobody.
Click bait journalism.
I am intrigued by the silence about this guy though. Possibly he didn't stand out at the gun club because they were crazy bastards anyway. Was that why he chose Dunedin? The dude came from northern NSW, how did he know about Dunedin? Was that chance or has somebody figured it out for him? Heyzeuss I come from NZ and I don't know about Dunedin.

Why did he decide to attack in Christchurch instead of Dunedin? More chance to get away? More publicity? Also really strange that the Muslim guy who stopped him did so by throwing an ATM terminal at him and he ran away. A real hard bastard martyr for sure, yet he is prepared to go to prison forever.

Sorry guys but there are a few jigsaws missing here and I bet the security services are working their arses off to find them.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dunedin link is a bit odd. The Muslim population is pretty small here - we only have the one mosque.
I read he was targeting the local Dunedin Mosque at first, and then changed tact to Christchurch.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dunedin link is a bit odd. The Muslim population is pretty small here - we only have the one mosque.
I read he was targeting the local Dunedin Mosque at first, and then changed tact to Christchurch.
It sure is. If it was random then maybe he struck it lucky. I wonder if it will come out in the wash.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
There could well be some weird W/S underbelly in the surrounding suburbs - rural areas that I'm oblivious too.
Very easy to connect with like minded nut-jobs these days on the internet.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Again IMO one of those pointless media circus's. what are they going to say, "He was a good boy growing up, We never thought he was capable." Leave him as a faceless nobody.
That was it in a nutshell
“Would never of thought he would do something like that, saw him couple of weeks ago and didn’t pick up on any odd behaviour”
They’re just as sickened and shocked, “would not be a pleasant conversation” if they ever spoke to him again

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
Speculating, but this was obviously well planned so would assume he would want to do the most damage he could. So the choice of a small mosque in Dunedin or a large one in Christchurch with a smaller one a short distance away seems like an easy choice for him.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
There could well be some weird W/S underbelly in the surrounding suburbs - rural areas that I'm oblivious too.
Very easy to connect with like minded nut-jobs these days on the internet.
Not being an expert on the South Island at all, but the lower socio economic people down there tend to be Caucasian rather than Polynesian. I was reading an article on this in one of the papers which mentioned the right wing racist underbelly. It probably isn't a problem, but is a place where this idiot could blend in. Again one has to ask how he found out about it by living in Grafton NSW and travelling to Europe, and was it his idea or somebody else's. Who knows?

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently the gun club this guy was shooting at was full of people who shouldn't be shooting/owning firearms.
Dated November 2017.

Hopefully the right people are looking into this.

The guy who wrote this apparently told the police arms officer in either Dunedin or his home town about it.
He has a rant on FB about the event.
FB Rant Link

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
On Friday afternoon our shift started at 1 30 pm .
By 2 pm we heard rumours of a gun man running round hagley park
An we where told their were bomb threats an we couldn't leave the premises
We could hear helicopter's an police cars
By 4 pm we had a meeting an those with school kids where allowed out
At six o'clock we sent more people home .Still bomb threats an helicopter's
At two am when I finished It took 1 hour to drop my mate off an I had to provide ID to a policeman
With an assault rifle .To get down his street .as its where the Mosque is an had to provide I'd
to get to my house as well

This is nothing to what the people in the Mosque had to face ..
I have talked to one of the Muslims who I work with ( in different departments)
He was forced to work that day today An have seen another one of our workers in the paper
So he survived .
But they are going to be hurt an angry no doubt .
I have not watched the news an nobody here is talking about it .
But I'm not looking forward to tomorrow at work .It will be pushed on us
We will have to put up with meetings an allsorts of crap .
This is the third workplace iv had to watch bury dead .An for
Some of us carrying on with routine is better .
The last time I got banned from the only supermarket in my town I lived in
When I overheard some people .Making stuff up about a boat crash that killed
Two of my friends an left a heap injured .I remember just getting instantly angry.
So yeah I'm not looking forward to tomorrow
An its going to be really hard for some of these guys to get back to
What they were doing before this idiot fucked everyone over.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Why he went to Christchurch ? Two targets instead of one ?

Even staying away from his own country or big cities like Auckland sounds like ensuring he had less local law enforcement to stop him. He was probably a bit paranoid about being stopped, CH CH or Dunedin gave him a better chance of completion in his mind.

He travelled everywhere by the sounds of it, with things like the dark net its probably easy enough to meet some online freaks and get tips on where to stay low with that many heavy power guns.

This is the thing about Psychopaths, they draw you into trying to read them, to hopefully understand how to avoid them and how to stay ahead of them.

Its impossible. No one knows what they really think. I tried to understand how they work a long time ago, I gave up when I realised that trying to second guess them is part of the manipulation, they thrive on you uncertainty, because they know your emotional brain is different and they play on it.

To me, I know this is harsh, but I ended up viewing them like you would a Wasp.

No point getting angry with the Wasp when it stings u.

Its a Wasp.

Just stay away from the bastards or be mentally neutral around them so they lose interest in you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
On Friday afternoon our shift started at 1 30 pm .
By 2 pm we heard rumours of a gun man running round hagley park
An we where told their were bomb threats an we couldn't leave the premises
We could hear helicopter's an police cars
By 4 pm we had a meeting an those with school kids where allowed out
At six o'clock we sent more people home .Still bomb threats an helicopter's
At two am when I finished It took 1 hour to drop my mate off an I had to provide ID to a policeman
With an assault rifle .To get down his street .as its where the Mosque is an had to provide I'd
to get to my house as well

This is nothing to what the people in the Mosque had to face ..
I have talked to one of the Muslims who I work with ( in different departments)
He was forced to work that day today An have seen another one of our workers in the paper
So he survived .
But they are going to be hurt an angry no doubt .
I have not watched the news an nobody here is talking about it .
But I'm not looking forward to tomorrow at work .It will be pushed on us
We will have to put up with meetings an allsorts of crap .
This is the third workplace iv had to watch bury dead .An for
Some of us carrying on with routine is better .
The last time I got banned from the only supermarket in my town I lived in
When I overheard some people .Making stuff up about a boat crash that killed
Two of my friends an left a heap injured .I remember just getting instantly angry.
So yeah I'm not looking forward to tomorrow
An its going to be really hard for some of these guys to get back to
What they were doing before this idiot fucked everyone over.
Fark bro its fucked up aye.

Some hard times ahead, Look after yourself, you and yours.

Lot of people in this country are behind you fullahs.

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fark bro its fucked up aye.

Some hard times ahead, Look after yourself, you and yours.

Lot of people in this country are behind you fullahs.
Honestly everyone in our part of town are all good .I live in the poorer part of town .
An its all smiles an hey bros .
Yesterday I was coming home on the bus from watching the game at the pub .Cause of detours
An I decided to have a beer .
An a spontaneous group conversation broke out about what supermarkets were open
An moved on to the weather
A particularly touching moment when even the quiet little Asian girl started yacking ..Its
The little things .But there was laughter an a certain amount of comfort .

But what iv noticed personally is my patiance goes fast even though I feel OK when I'm stressed
An the people who this happened to must be feeling worse .I can't even begin to
Think what its like for them .an its disrespectful to pretend you know .
But I don't feel guilty an don't believe I should .So yep things can esculate
Pretty fast . .My mates house is two doors down from the mosque an I get glared at if there is
A large gathering going on there an I'm going to see him .So who knows ..
Just a whole lot more pain in the world .from now on .

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I find it really out of it that the Turkish secret service are all over this thing, they think this is a terror groups sponsored attack, and they should know, he went there.

Aussie raided two houses in the wee small hours this morning aye and one was his Sisters place. His sister might be completely innocent, and bearing the cost of being related to someone like that.

If any good comes from this evil, its good to reflect that these Gun club nut jobs will be on terror watch now, that's a consequence of their antisocial beliefs, anyone within this individuals sphere will be monitored, whether Terrorist or not, I just don't like far Left or Right retards. I don't like guns, I don't like people who argue for them, although I have no problem with hunters and Farmers having single shot weapons, or double shot, shot guns, I see the relevance. Too fucken bad if they are made to give up their toy collections of guns. For people to complain to the Police about a Gun clubs behaviour when they themselves are recreational shooters speaks volumes, epsecially tells me that not all shooters are Rambos or from a bad local culture.

We all know that the reason this place is safe is because we dont have cops and normal citizens driving around with the type of arms bearing mentality of other countries.

That's a beautiful image of the Fern on an Australian Landmark, the Opera house is a sacred temple in the psyche of Australia, I've been heartened by our brothers and sisters over there, we are one family with them aye.

The world wide reaction has been out of it, sometimes I find myself tearing up a little with the moving images and what people have said.

I look forward to the day where we take a harder line on the gangs in this country too.

A former Australian politician on Radio NZ National I listened to this morning talked about how the US Gun Lobby tried to interfere with the Australian government making changes banning Semi Autos after Port Arthur.

That made me really angry. I hope they try it here. No doubt they will. I hope Jacinda channels David Lange and Norman Kirk and tells them where to get off, our sovereignty belongs to all of us, not some arms Global conglomerate of arms dealers.

Jacinda said that attempts to change our gun laws in the past were met with resistance.

I hope those politicians who stuck up for their gun buddies have trouble sleeping.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
my theory with no basis in fact was he may have heard about the Bangladeshi cricketers going to the mosque and changed to target them. Imagine if he had managed to kill international cricketers instead.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
my theory with no basis in fact was he may have heard about the Bangladeshi cricketers going to the mosque and changed to target them. Imagine if he had managed to kill international cricketers instead.
Makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
Not being an expert on the South Island at all, but the lower socio economic people down there tend to be Caucasian rather than Polynesian. I was reading an article on this in one of the papers which mentioned the right wing racist underbelly. It probably isn't a problem, but is a place where this idiot could blend in. Again one has to ask how he found out about it by living in Grafton NSW and travelling to Europe, and was it his idea or somebody else's. Who knows?
He would find it far easier to fit in, in australia, there are so many places where his attitudes wouldnt even get a mention.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
I find it really out of it that the Turkish secret service are all over this thing, they think this is a terror groups sponsored attack, and they should know, he went there.

Aussie raided two houses in the wee small hours this morning aye and one was his Sisters place. His sister might be completely innocent, and bearing the cost of being related to someone like that.

If any good comes from this evil, its good to reflect that these Gun club nut jobs will be on terror watch now, that's a consequence of their antisocial beliefs, anyone within this individuals sphere will be monitored, whether Terrorist or not, I just don't like far Left or Right retards. I don't like guns, I don't like people who argue for them, although I have no problem with hunters and Farmers having single shot weapons, or double shot, shot guns, I see the relevance. Too fucken bad if they are made to give up their toy collections of guns. For people to complain to the Police about a Gun clubs behaviour when they themselves are recreational shooters speaks volumes, epsecially tells me that not all shooters are Rambos or from a bad local culture.

We all know that the reason this place is safe is because we dont have cops and normal citizens driving around with the type of arms bearing mentality of other countries.

That's a beautiful image of the Fern on an Australian Landmark, the Opera house is a sacred temple in the psyche of Australia, I've been heartened by our brothers and sisters over there, we are one family with them aye.

The world wide reaction has been out of it, sometimes I find myself tearing up a little with the moving images and what people have said.

I look forward to the day where we take a harder line on the gangs in this country too.

A former Australian politician on Radio NZ National I listened to this morning talked about how the US Gun Lobby tried to interfere with the Australian government making changes banning Semi Autos after Port Arthur.

That made me really angry. I hope they try it here. No doubt they will. I hope Jacinda channels David Lange and Norman Kirk and tells them where to get off, our sovereignty belongs to all of us, not some arms Global conglomerate of arms dealers.

Jacinda said that attempts to change our gun laws in the past were met with resistance.

I hope those politicians who stuck up for their gun buddies have trouble sleeping.
Many Many moons ago, I worked at the first ever Paint ball games, in CHCH (and when i say first, it was the first anywhere in the world). at the time the owner was having some issues (maybe after someone blew out their eye, i cant really remember). The issues were all about legalities of pointing a weapon at another person and not being arrested. Eventually they found a compromise and effected the laws around boxing where once you enter an arena (ring or in paintballs language, a field) those rules no longer applied. But during this time there was a lot of too and fro with lawyers and it hit the papers in NZ. Out of no where he got a fax from the NRA saying they would give him money to fight the laws in NZ. He showed me the fax, just before he screwed it up and threw it in the bin while laughing. Steve - an australian, was a good dude, who came to NZ to set up because he couldnt get around the gun laws in Australia at the time. Anytime i see anything with the NRAs name on it, I think of this, because it shows how back in the 80s a little article against guns in CHCH was picked up and acted on by the NRA. They are scary in their approach to legalisation of unnecessary weapons, and have access to massive war chests when they need to buy votes.

Top Bottom