Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Organised religion mate, especially the unyielding fundamentalist types. Cause more bother around the world than any other groups of individuals by far
Just look at the Crusades

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
Have noticed a lot of that as well. IMO it seems like a coordinated move but certain groups to influence wider opinion. All Kiwi/NZ FB groups I'm in have been getting inundated with posts of communism, freedom of speech, censorship, disarmament, sharia law and people believing the 2 minutes of silence meant we all had to be muslim and women had to wear a hajib or burqa. Even had one idiot Kiwi who reckon he was glad he moved to America cause they enjoyed freedom of speech. That was until I told him that America ban ISIS propaganda and all NZ were looking to do was same but for another set of extremists. Never did get a reply from the muppet.

I have found it interesting watching friends comment and what they share on their feed. Have unfriended a few close minded idiots. The worst are 'Christians' thinking Jacinda is trying to turn us into a muslim state. They spread hate and fear about fake news all in the name of their loving God 🤦‍♂️ . This world is full of fucking idiots...
From what i can see, the people not keen on anything changing are fundamentalist Christians and Gun lobbyists.

In most cases they are the same people.

Was doing a bit of reading in to whether gun controls actually work. I can understand why the USA have such an issue there with gun companies contributing so much to the 2nd amendment fights. something like 80% of gun sales in the US are to private citizens. That's a lot of guns and a lot of money a company stands to lose if anything changes over there.

In regards to semi automatic and fully automatic weapons, if we look at Australia as an example:

Weapons buy-back programs have been successful in reducing mass shootings.

After at 1996 mass shooting left 35 people dead in Australia, the country said “enough.”

Leaders swiftly enacted gun-control legislation and set up a program for citizens to sell their weapons back to the government so they could be destroyed.

The initiative seems to have been successful: firearm suicides dropped by 65% and homicides by 59% over the next 10 years.

While Australia had seen 13 mass shootings – defined as five or more deaths – in the 18 years before the 1996 massacre, there has only been one in the 22 years since.

It’s possible that some of those declines were due to other trends. But either way, getting many guns off the streets and out of shops was connected to big drops in gun deaths in Australia.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/science-of-gun-control-what-works-2018-2?r=US&IR=T

and from the same article

After Congress let a 1994 ban on assault weapons expire in 2004, gun massacre deaths skyrocketed.

Arguments about the exact meaning of “assault weapon” obfuscate an important point: When people in the US were allowed to start buying military-style firearms with high-capacity magazines, the number of people killed in gun massacres (defined as shootings in which at least six people die) shot up.

The number of gun massacres and massacre deaths decreased by 37% and 43% respectively after the 1994 ban on assault weapons went into effect, one researcher found. After it expired in 2004, they shot up by 183% and 239%.

Stricter gun laws is a no brainer as far as I am concerned. I have to question anyone's motives who would argue otherwise.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Discussing the nutters on this planet, and I have previously posted about my fixation how an unemployed useless Austrian prick who farted all the time managed to lead a developed and civilised country like Germany into a massive war.

I remember years ago meeting a very pleasant old English guy who acted as an interpreter in Europe at the end of WWII. Like a lot of WWII vets I came to know, they wouldn't waste their time going camping with Germans for some reason.

Anyway something stuck in my mind, he said as they retreated through the low countries on their way back to Germany they scrawled on buildings "Wir kommen wieder" Translation: We're coming back.

One day I found this on YouTube.

Wir kommen wieder is a German WWII song. Just look at some of the comments and realise there are nutters everywhere.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Have noticed a lot of that as well. IMO it seems like a coordinated move but certain groups to influence wider opinion. All Kiwi/NZ FB groups I'm in have been getting inundated with posts of communism, freedom of speech, censorship, disarmament, sharia law and people believing the 2 minutes of silence meant we all had to be muslim and women had to wear a hajib or burqa. Even had one idiot Kiwi who reckon he was glad he moved to America cause they enjoyed freedom of speech. That was until I told him that America ban ISIS propaganda and all NZ were looking to do was same but for another set of extremists. Never did get a reply from the muppet.

I have found it interesting watching friends comment and what they share on their feed. Have unfriended a few close minded idiots. The worst are 'Christians' thinking Jacinda is trying to turn us into a muslim state. They spread hate and fear about fake news all in the name of their loving God 🤦‍♂️ . This world is full of fucking idiots...
My run-of-the-mill public primary school bizarrely decided to to take us on a field trip to Camp David in Woodend north of Christchurch, and we were taken on a tour by the residents. Trying to be polite at the end I signed the visitors book saying the experience was 'wicked,' which was obviously a term of the highest esteem for a kid back then. I got a right bollocking from the people there, and one kicked me up the arse when the teacher wasn't looking!

Fast forward three years and they had been raided by police several times for hoarding military style weapons they were stockpiling. Add to this that the people were 'willing to die' for their leader (who they worshiped as a God), still collected weapons, built impenetrable fortifications (which are believed to still have a stockpile of weapons built under them today), and had leaders that were sexually abusing young girls. The cult fell over in 1995, but I know a policemen that was working at time who believed their senior leader's threat to society was very, very real.

These types will always be present in our society. I have always thought that the fundamental types are quite fearful people, that are quick to lash out through insecurity.

There are crazy, scary people in all walks of life though.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
My run-of-the-mill public primary school bizarrely decided to to take us on a field trip to Camp David in Woodend north of Christchurch, and we were taken on a tour by the residents. Trying to be polite at the end I signed the visitors book saying the experience was 'wicked,' which was obviously a term of the highest esteem for a kid back then. I got a right bollocking from the people there, and one kicked me up the arse when the teacher wasn't looking!

Fast forward three years and they had been raided by police several times for hoarding military style weapons they were stockpiling. Add to this that the people were 'willing to die' for their leader (who they worshiped as a God), still collected weapons, built impenetrable fortifications (which are believed to still have a stockpile of weapons built under them today), and had leaders that were sexually abusing young girls. The cult fell over in 1995, but I know a policemen that was working at time who believed their senior leader's threat to society was very, very real.

These types will always be present in our society. I have always thought that the fundamental types are quite fearful people, that are quick to lash out through insecurity.

There are crazy, scary people in all walks of life though.
they are crazy scary people, who live in a world of fear and even terror. Everyone is out to get them, everyone hates them. They MUSTdefend themselves. By attacking first.

Pity they never realised that honestly no one gives a fuck about them as long as they stay within the law and dont hurt other people. Then all they would be packing would be fly spray.

Top Bottom