General Christchurch Earthquake

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Hope everyone is safe! Thoughts go out to you guys impacted.

22 BEAST everything ok over there mate? Remember that you were impacted quite bad a few years back.

Reactions: matiunz and Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yep take care everyone.
Check on your vulnerable neighbors eh.
Some oldies don't have much resilience / support in our communities.
Good to take your mind off your stress doing some stuff for other people.

Not preaching, just a suggestion from personal experience.

Reactions: tajhay

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
14993367_452887261548241_7582497164725952587_n.jpg

Stuart Smith MP
· 5 hrs ·

This is far as we can get on the road south to Kaikoura at Tirohunga flat. It's going to take a lot of work to repair, extensive cracking in other places and bridges out of action

Reactions: Johnnyray and bruce

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Just checked with family in CHCH. They spent most of the night on the porthills, because of the tsunami alerts. Back to having scared kids and upset parents again.
They agreed with mt wells mates that it went on for a long time, but reakoned that the worst was the sirens not sounding and then when they did, going till 10ish today. Left them not knowing what to do.
Makes me think of the bushfires here, people become blase because of all the false alarms and learn to ignore them. Something they need to sort out fast.

Reactions: Sup42

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Brace for more quakes experts have warned :(

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Hard to keep up with the reports with so Many quakes and aftershocks in the region.

Listening to talk back.

6.2 quake in the last few minutes, now upgraded to 6.6 at 50km deep

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013
I live in Porirua, Wellington, and I felt it. It was just after midnight, and I've been in a few earthquakes both down south and here in Wellington, and this one was the longest I've been in. It just shook the house and kept on shaking. Lasted around a minute or so. It was freaky. And there have been a lot of after shocks that I've felt.

My heart goes out to Kaikoura. I've been through there many many times, and those tunnels that have been cut off. It's going to take ages to clear. Kaikoura has been cut off.

Had a day off from work.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Events like the present make you take stock and are a horrible reminder.

Apologies to the local shoppers in me Supermarket today for the trolley stacked with canned goods H2O batteries Candles etc.

Nothing to do with Trumps presidency.

Just a timely upgrade of the CD preparedness kit.

No Joseph Parker fight for me, I was looking at eitght hundy tickets to sit Court side at Vector, Section M rows 44 on ticketmaster.

Sent those funds south to Whanau in affected areas to get prepped.

Times like this it pisses me off the piss poor funding of NZDF and CD.

Big shout out to the NURSES going 4WD to hunt out their Patients.

Big Shout out to Ngai Tahu Marae offering a roof to the affected.

Kia Kaha Kia To a Kia Manawanui

Last edited:

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
Woke to the house creaking in Invercargill. I thought someone was in the house. Didnt feel it, just heard it. A workmate in Bluff was woken by the shaking.

Really gobsmacked yet again at the total lack of advice to the port of the tsunami risk. Not advised at all. No tsunami sirens. Not even a warning when swiping in at work of the tidal movements.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Tsunami alarm went off here in the Coromandel at 2am, missus rolls over and goes "Why did you set your alarm so early?"
Me: Its not the alarm it's a Tsunami warning, not really an issue for me 50m above sea level but finally decided to get up and sit on the deck to watch the wave come in. Finished up making hot chocolates for the lowlanders that came knocking on my door. Would have been quite the show if it had happened as I look out over Pauanui, Paku and Tairua ocean beach.
As for what gREVUS said about people becoming blase, at work this morning we had at least 2 that slept through the whole thing and one that lives on the Whitianga harbour that didn't bother heading for the hills, him and his missus just went back to bed because they couldn't be arsed getting their little fella up and going. Don't know how many of you know the lay of Whitianga but a big enough wave would obliterate most of the town, but hey who would want to drop a couple of hours sleep on the off chance you drown in a giant wave.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Woke to the house creaking in Invercargill. I thought someone was in the house. Didnt feel it, just heard it. A workmate in Bluff was woken by the shaking.

Really gobsmacked yet again at the total lack of advice to the port of the tsunami risk. Not advised at all. No tsunami sirens. Not even a warning when swiping in at work of the tidal movements.

Bro you leave us hanging for 12 months and one little earthquake you come back, what about the serious shit going on at the Warriors?

PS How's your daughter?

Reactions: Inruin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Parts of the seabed in Kaikoura have been lifted 2 metres leaving Paua high and dry. Just as well the roads are blocked and you need a chopper to get in!!!

View attachment 22017

Probably didn't look like that 10 minutes after the photo was taken.

Some of the funny shit that you hear after the shit calms down, one of our guys was telling me, him and his missus get up, he grabs the gear they think they need and loads it in the car while the wife is waking the kids, a boy and girl about 8 and 6.

Missus: Hey kids, you need to get up we are going for a little ride in the car.

Kids: Whats happening?

Missus: Nothing much we just might go for a ride and go and see such and such.

Kids: OK, still half asleep and nice and calm.

Husband: Steaming into the room at 2am, COME ON KIDS WE NEED TO GET IN THE CAR THERE"S A TSUNAMI COMING!!!!!!!!

Kids screaming: AAAAHHHHH the giant wave is coming, we got to go, are we going to die AAAAAHHHHH.

Grumpy Wife: You dickhead.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
I've been poking round a little lately. To be honest, my passion for the Warriors and Kiwis hasn't been rushing back lately.

My daughter is doing great. They both are. They been through a lot in the last 12 months. 1 diagnosed Celiac, the other diabetic. Their Dad moves out. They are thriving now. My 13 year old with diabetes has discovered a talent for track cycling.

I'm still going through a few things. Other stuff been going on that has really tested my steel. nothing as bad as many, but just trying to find a good focus to grab. Something new to hold my attention for a while, as things happen and change. Warriors aren't seeming like the most attractive focus right now.

But things like the horror many have experienced today make me remember the good stuff in life.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
I've been poking round a little lately. To be honest, my passion for the Warriors and Kiwis hasn't been rushing back lately.

My daughter is doing great. They both are. They been through a lot in the last 12 months. 1 diagnosed Celiac, the other diabetic. Their Dad moves out. They are thriving now. My 13 year old with diabetes has discovered a talent for track cycling.

I'm still going through a few things. Other stuff been going on that has really tested my steel. nothing as bad as many, but just trying to find a good focus to grab. Something new to hold my attention for a while, as things happen and change. Warriors aren't seeming like the most attractive focus right now.

But things like the horror many have experienced today make me remember the good stuff in life.

Totally understand the loss of interest in the team, like you I've gone from never missing a game to I'll watch if I've got nothing else to do. Saw none of the finals series and only part of the England game but really even a win next week would hardly rock my world.

Your doing the right thing, family first, always.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings