Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Reaction score
Jay M

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Side note on this - his DOB on this site's profile page is wrong - born 1995, not 1992.

Looked a bit weird him playing in the U20s for the Storm in 1994 if he was born in 92 ;)

Reaction score
DunzUdied

DunzUdied

U20's Player
Reaction score
Gotta love a fullback who tackles........like a bloody unicorn these days

Reaction score
InsideBall

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Big wrap.

Be happy enough if he can crack a wing spot.

1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Klokstad

Would be fine with that.

This is off topic, but shecks insane running metres was supposed to offset the whole need for a prop on the wing thing, I don’t want to give cappy too much credit, but if he’s back 100% he might be less inclined to stick the big dinosaurs out wide.
I've been thinking a lot about our back 5 lately... And that is one of the configurations I came up with.

The other was:

1. RTS
2. David Fusitua
3. CNK
4. Sol
5. Signing - quick, defensively sound winger

I really like the idea of having CNK in the centers, because of his defensive commitment, but also because of his play making - with this offloading, kicking etc, which I think could go to waste on the wing.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This guy came back to NZ saying he was hungry to play first grade and would be pushing on the FGrs and he has, ISP player of the year.

Definitely a start in the 9s.

I think he deserves some First Grade game time during the year, not in a mess your career about Lolo/Cappy kind of way, but in his position in some highly likely winners to give our halves a break. Oh wait, this guy can actually play all 5 positions proficiently :)

If no halves opportunity Id like to see him at full back, if not there, centre. NYC player of year than ISP player of the year. Lol, isnt it nice stealing a cracker back off the Storm?

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/09/09/fresh_faces_going_pl.html

Hes got the Afoa, Mannering, Rapana mentality, play it like its your last because you never know when it is. He gives every game a fair crack.

Reaction score
Horriors2014

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm hoping he can make that right centre position his own (I think his actual best position is left centre, but Sol has that sown up). He's got a wicked offload, and step before the line, that opens up space beautifully. He's aggressive in D... Could be a real important piece next year.
I think he's a spine player. A bit in the Benji/SJ mould without the speed. As much as I like him I think his lack of speed puts him behind Tui. His versatility is his downfall. We need a right centre or wing. But I feel his type is not going to excel there because of speed. Unfortunately I think this is Hohaia V2.0.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I think he's a spine player. A bit in the Benji/SJ mould without the speed. As much as I like him I think his lack of speed puts him behind Tui. His versatility is his downfall. We need a right centre or wing. But I feel his type is not going to excel there because of speed. Unfortunately I think this is Hohaia V2.0.
Lance Hohaia had speed to burn

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This guy came back to NZ saying he was hungry to play first grade and would be pushing on the FGrs and he has, ISP player of the year.

Definitely a start in the 9s.

I think he deserves some First Grade game time during the year, not in a mess your career about Lolo/Cappy kind of way, but in his position in some highly likely winners to give our halves a break. Oh wait, this guy can actually play all 5 positions proficiently :)

If no halves opportunity Id like to see him at full back, if not there, centre. NYC player of year than ISP player of the year. Lol, isnt it nice stealing a cracker back off the Storm?

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/09/09/fresh_faces_going_pl.html

Hes got the Afoa, Mannering, Rapana mentality, play it like its your last because you never know when it is. He gives every game a fair crack.
Hopefully Coach K has learnt from Mr Wayne B that if the player is not performing drop him and put someone that is to take that spot.

Reaction score

Jordan G

Time to give him a run.

We won't regret it if we do.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Love how he runs straight into the forwards with little self preservation. Please give him a charnze!

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The fact that he's been overlooked for this long while you have people like Maumalo and Kata ahead of him tells me the coaches know something we dont......

Looks great in a 3 min highlight reel but so did Tui....

Reaction score
Hadyn

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The fact that he's been overlooked for this long while you have people like Maumalo and Kata ahead of him tells me the coaches know something we dont......

Looks great in a 3 min highlight reel but so did Tui....
I agree ...looks quite good when the tackles are weak or non-existent but looks less effective than Fus or Ken when up against some proper tackling.Our forwards aren't going well enough at the moment to give us enough go forward...for that reason CNK will have to wait a while longer yet particularly if Manu returns.

Reaction score
InsideBall

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
One thing i notice about CNK is that he backs himself. Maumolo doesnt. Wingers need to back themselves. Even Manu trusted his speed.
I've literally never once seen Maumalo even attempt to put on the afterburners. He plays with a palpable fear. Fear of running quickly should automatically rule you out of being an under 8's winger, let alone FG...

Reaction score

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Big issues for the last few years is the lack of genuine pace in the wingers / centres.

It was embarrassing for Thompson to be put in a situation like he was against Melbourne. Chambers left him for dead.

There is no substitute for genuine pace.

Reaction score

WarriorBall

I'd like to see CNK get a jersey this weekend unfortunately Kearney doesn't even know how to pronounce the kids name which makes me wonder if he pays any attention at all to the reserve grade side. His rhetoric is well worn "my sole focus is on the next day, next training etc etc etc." I guess we'll wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I laughed when he scored his try the other week, had no awareness of the space he was in, was going for the corner, until working out he could run it in closer to the posts.

I don't think he's a bad player, just that he's not a winger. Not great in the air, not very fast, not a known finisher, he's a second rower on the wing. Like a blander version of Corey Oates.

Would love to see CNK get the nod this week, with Fus and Ashyford in the centres. I bet you Lolohea will be named.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He didn't come through our junior pathway.

So promoting him ahead of Maumalo would be an admission of failure of our junior development system. Which would mean we're not the greatest sporting franchise in the history of the universe. The fragile egos at the Warriors couldn't handle it.

Top Bottom