General Changes To Vodafone Warriors For Away Game Against Gold Coast

Kid-Dynamite_old

Yea, Apparently Koopu is playing well but it's not like Sonny Fai was playing terrible!? I dunno if they were going to drop someone it wouldn't of been Sonny Fai for mine, but he's only young so maybe they're just giving him acouple of runs back in his own age group where he can find his feet again.

J_Hallow_old

i think if things go pear shaped on sunday and Ravs has gone missing, i would like to see ivan replace him with hendo then push fien into 7. i dont see the harm in trying that.

maybe it would do ravs good to get yanked in the middle of the game. he may even come back on and have a blinder

Viking_old

Well you would hope so, their other winger has only scored 1 try in 6 games.

So that would be a positive.

I think the other winger was Josh Aitkens, the kid that scored 4 tries on debut but picked up a long term injury about three games ago. Not sure if the winger you're talking about has also been in the team for all six games or at winger anyway.

Skinny_Ravs82

i think if things go pear shaped on sunday and Ravs has gone missing, i would like to see ivan replace him with hendo then push fien into 7. i dont see the harm in trying that.

maybe it would do ravs good to get yanked in the middle of the game. he may even come back on and have a blinder
and how about you let this ago for a few days and see what happens on sunday ;)

kingdamo_old

I think the other winger was Josh Aitkens, the kid that scored 4 tries on debut but picked up a long term injury about three games ago. Not sure if the winger you're talking about has also been in the team for all six games or at winger anyway.

The wingers Ben Jeffery, he obviously hasn't played on the wing the whole time but I was just going on the stats lol.

Not sure what position hes been playing but it says hes played 6 games this season on the stats, so not sure sorry.

Blake_old

It's a forum for people to express their opinions - as you are expressing yours, allow others to express theirs.

Just because your favourite player sucks ass, shouldn't be a reason to not be objective or to allow others to be.

Tajhay_old

am i the only actually OK with the changes?

1) Crockett for Ah Van - good change IMO. I want to see how crockett has progressed sinced last year. He has good speed but we were unable to see much of it last year, last hope he gets to show it. With Tate on his inside it will be interesting to see how that side goes.

2) Shortland in for Ropati - Shortland has really impressed me with his high work ethic and enthusiasm.

3) Fai Dropped to Junior Warriors - Good move. I can see that cleary is brining him up slowly and after receiving limited game time so far this year it would be good for fai to get good game time under his belt and then come back.

I know we have been touched up by heaps, but keep in mind that all our losses have been against the top 3 sides of last year, and all away. Melbourne, Manly and Cowboys finished 1,2 and 3.

I much like cleary would persist with the same team for this game and if things dont improve then start bringing players in. But seriously, lets consider the options, who would you bring in? I really want to see packer and malo solomona get a chance, but you need to drop people for that. Would we expect greater things from those youngsters by throwing them in the deep end then the players who have done it before? I would like to see both these fantastic talents slowly being brought in, not after pushing the panic button so early in the season.

kingdamo_old

It's a forum for people to express their opinions - as you are expressing yours, allow others to express theirs.

Just because your favourite player sucks ass, shouldn't be a reason to not be objective or to allow others to be.

Settle down mate, no need to take anything personal :p

J_Hallow_old

Well it was just a suggestion. many people want to see Fien at 7. if things go wrong(im not saying they will or wont) why not try something else if the intended game plan doesnt work?

We need more than one game plan. if one isnt working out then switch to another.

you cant sit back there and say if we are losing a game that you dont want something different to be done.

Skinny_Ravs82

Never said he can't say whatever he wants. Was only suggesting doing something different for a while is all.

and I think you'll find I haven't objected that much to the objectiveness or rightful critisim either

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinny_Ravs82

Well it was just a suggestion. many people want to see Fien at 7. if things go wrong(im not saying they will or wont) why not try something else if the intended game plan doesnt work?

We need more than one game plan. if one isnt working out then switch to another.

you cant sit back there and say if we are losing a game that you dont want something different to be done.
Did you miss my little wink?

There is no deying for a split second I wouldn't mind the changes at all if it had happened, but its not.

Certainly not saying new things can't be tried. Be my guest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Esoj_old

Crockett shouldn't be back until his off field dramas be fully dealt with and finished. Only then should he be considered. Locke along with Solomona should be brought in. Locke scored 2 tries last weekend, one going the length of the field. He's inform as well as Solomona. I'd rather give an inform youngster a chance on the wing rather than Crockett who needs to get his off field dramas sorted.

I disagree. crockett has been scoring plenty of tries for the vulcans has good speed first grade experince good replacment for ah van. your posts about crockett always involve his court case and normally lean towards him being guilty. you may hate a player but it's pretty low to continually bring an ongoing court case to back your position of his ability as a player. the guy is a noted try scoring machine it would be silly to not pick him in first grade based on a hunch he could be guilty.

kingdamo_old

This is just a guess, but I think 18th man may be Aidan Kirk.

Just on the news I saw him training with the 1st grade team, not sure if the Vulcans and the Warriors train together?

Kid-Dynamite_old

This is just a guess, but I think 18th man may be Aidan Kirk.

Just on the news I saw him training with the 1st grade team, not sure if the Vulcans and the Warriors train together?

Yea i dunno, it could be him though