General Changes against Brisbane.

Jesbass_old

Yeah, Kemp did nothing for us...except kick the points to get us the win. ;) He's our number one kicker. Without injury, it'll be very hard for any wingers to join the lineup and get past Manu and Denan.

warriors4life_old

And we're left without a goalkicker, which was something that won us this game.

Kemp has done nothing to warrant being dropped IMO, but hasn't shown his try-scoring ability yet either.

Robster_old

Stacey can kick!!

Sorry to say nrl isn't like the nfl when you can just bring a player on just to kick the football. Kemp mental and physcial game suggests that he shop play for the vulcans next game. However if picked he might raise against his former club.

Also another change for sure.

:STACEY IN, FIEN ON THE BENCH.

Jesbass_old

What has Kemp done wrong? He got tackled into touch on a bad play, but that's about it. Kicked goals, and has been great in broken play.

His form in 2008 proves that his mental play isn't subpar NRL.

warriors4life_old

Kemp was the 2nd highest try scorer in the comp last year, I think he just needs a little time to gel, we didn't buy him to send to the Vulcans after 2 games.

Esoj_old

the little general to wear the no 7
luck back in for Tai'ai

I think you are being a tad harsh on kemp :sperm: mate. sure he ran into touch basically when trying to take on orford but apart from that he had a reasonably good but quiet game. don't forgot he did nail the winning kick under pressure which is what you want from a goalkicker. stacey needs to be left with what he does best in running the ship, you saw today what he could do and I think ivan did too and is partly why he left him out there.

Magic Stick_old

Stacey can kick!!

Sorry to say nrl isn't like the nfl when you can just bring a player on just to kick the football. Kemp mental and physcial game suggests that he shop play for the vulcans next game. However if picked he might raise against his former club.

Also another change for sure.

:STACEY IN, FIEN ON THE BENCH.

2008 showed Kemp was a try scoring machine...he is taking a while to adjust. i think he will realise he wont see much ball outside Tate,So he has to go looking for his attacking chances,And increase his support play

Calling for him to be dropped is a bit pre-mature

jahc_old

I think Kemp tried to beat Orford because he looked like he'd picked up an injury. He was targeting a perceived weakness.

fitzy_old

Yeah, Kemp did nothing for us...except kick the points to get us the win. ;) He's our number one kicker. Without injury, it'll be very hard for any wingers to join the lineup and get past Manu and Denan.

Jeez, I'm glad he was there to kick thye goals. Remind me please how many points we won by, and how many you get for a conversion??

Northern_Union

Possibly the worst debut in the NRL's history for Ta'ai. Kemps been a passenger for the first two games. I would rather have Kirk in there.

jahc_old

It's looking likely that Fein will drop out of the side when Hohaia returns from injury. But it's very early days, so I will sit on the fence for now. A lot of football to be played until then, form could go up.

fitzy_old

Said it a few days ago, the player we missed today was Luck. Missed his straight running and amazing work rate. The warriors struggled today with too much inconsistency in D and on on attack.
I think we were luckt to win today.
Please don't get dirty on me, it's just my opinion
GO THE WARRIORS

jahc_old

Possibly the worst debut in the NRL's history for Ta'ai. Kemps been a passenger for the first two games. I would rather have Kirk in there.
It's a little disappointing how the knives always come out on the forums when someone has a bad or even a quiet game. I'm just glad Cleary is smart enough to not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Northern_Union

It's a little disappointing how the knives always come out on the forums when someone has a bad or even a quiet game. I'm just glad Cleary is smart enough to not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

What knives are you talking about coach?

attila_the_gorilla

Regarding Kemp, he had a golden opportunity to score a try, when we had a huge overlap towards the end there, but Fien the genius decided to kick it instead of putting it through the hands. He can`t make something out of nothing. Otherwise Aiden Kirk is better with the high ball, so that goes in his favour. But in my opinion, Kemp just hasn`t had the opportunities so far.

attila_the_gorilla

It might be a bit of an exaggeration, but not too far off. What do you think? He did have a terrible show, hopefully it`s just nerves. But he didn`t even seem to have any of the destructive power that he was built up to have. I`m sure Cleary has seen something good in him, and he will come right, but today was extremely poor.

jahc_old

What knives are you talking about coach?
Oh you know, the usual drop this guy drop that guy. :)

There was a pretty shocking thread someone dug up recently.. about Vatuvei's handling against the Eels years ago.. if the forum goers had their way, that would have been it for his career.

I know forums are for discussing ideas, but I get a little tired of the "drop him" mentality when 1. there's still over 20 games left to play, and 2. the players arent playing to their potential yet. I mean, think about the 2008 form. Would you rather have a 2008 Kemp, or a 2008 Kirk? It's a long season, give him time to find his feet.

jahc_old

It might be a bit of an exaggeration, but not too far off. What do you think? He did have a terrible show, hopefully it`s just nerves. But he didn`t even seem to have any of the destructive power that he was built up to have. I`m sure Cleary has seen something good in him, and he will come right, but today was extremely poor.
Obviously Luck will come back into the starting line up when hes deemed fit. Someone has to miss out on the bench of course. But my comments were aimed at all the people wanting to drop Kemp.

Northern_Union

Honestly if you don't like a certain type of idea on a forum either ignore it or go else where. Pretty simple really.
Some people might not like the way you post. But it's what makes the world go around.