Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Reactions: 9 users
What a dude.

I love everything about this guy. Except his kicking game - but even that seemed like it was improving this year.
Just had a quick look at his blog. Seems like a very wise young man. Will check it out in detail when I get a chance.

Reactions: 3 users
What a dude.

I love everything about this guy. Except his kicking game - but even that seemed like it was improving this year.
He's kicked three 40/20s this year, has a semblance of a kicking game there but I was definitely critical of it last year.

Reactions: 2 users
He's kicked three 40/20s this year, has a semblance of a kicking game there but I was definitely critical of it last year.
He started last season with a foot injury that developed into a stress fracture after a couple of rounds. Was in a moon boot for a while. His kicking game definitely improved at the beginning of this season and those expecting him to immediately get it back in those rounds after he picked up the ruptured testicle were pretty unrealistic. He was taking the field with a cricket box.

Reactions: 5 users

bruce

Contributor
What a dude.

I have always rated the kid, has has genuine Carlaw Park diehard pedigree, the apple never falls far from the tree.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 2 users
Writing is his hardest path especially in this country.
Can't dis him for that who knows he might be the next Taika or Peter Jackson, kids got balls going after that mantle.
His blog called simple lessons.com has his free form thoughts on whatever crosses his mind.
I started reading and was quite startled to find that it is grammatically correct, crisp and free of cliches and jargon. His subject matters that he espouses on are weak with the most recent effort being his book review of SBWs latest book.
Who in their right mind would read a book by SBW. It would be about as intellectually advanced as my left shoe. Anyway Chanel said the book was stimulating. So at that point I concluded irrevokably that Chanel Harris-Tavita will be a train and trial with the warriors for the 2024 season because no one is paying for any of his content. Except maybe back handers from Rugby league stars who want their book spruiked.

• Haha
Who in their right mind would read a book by SBW. It would be about as intellectually advanced as my left shoe.
I must admit, I have read it. I was hoping to find out some juicy insider information from his storied career, but along with pretty much every sportsperson's biography, it was vanilla and fairly diplomatic.

I read it after reading a frank excerpt that was published in one of the Sunday papers. It turns out, that was one of the best parts of the book.

I'm probably not really the target market for the book. I imagine his book was written for to inspire Polynesian / Maori kids, and with that objective it probably hits the mark quite well.

And yes, I am not in my right mind!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
His blog called simple lessons.com has his free form thoughts on whatever crosses his mind.
I started reading and was quite startled to find that it is grammatically correct, crisp and free of cliches and jargon. His subject matters that he espouses on are weak with the most recent effort being his book review of SBWs latest book.
Who in their right mind would read a book by SBW. It would be about as intellectually advanced as my left shoe. Anyway Chanel said the book was stimulating. So at that point I concluded irrevokably that Chanel Harris-Tavita will be a train and trial with the warriors for the 2024 season because no one is paying for any of his content. Except maybe back handers from Rugby league stars who want their book spruiked.
Pretty sure he said he wants to travel and write. Writing is a craft that takes practice, some have it some don't. Someone as young as he is that wants to follow his passion should be applauded, whether he makes a living from it, only time will tell But kudos to him for giving it a go. These days with social media and other online avenues means once he finds his genre, his niche, he may well succeed. The boy is driven to try by all accounts. Leave him be...

I can totally see his blog turning into a Warriors commentary blog and he will end up writing columns for NZ Herald and maybe pop into this forum to adverse for some patreon and inside scoops 😂

I don't know what he's doing, or if he even knows, but I hope he's getting good advice outside of his immediate circle of family and mates, no doubt he has access to sports psychologists, maybe even general professional psych advice.

If he wants to be the next Alan Duff good on him, he could have a talent he's kept hidden. We might also be making up this story about Channel going off to seek his fortune as the next Janet Frame, all he said was he wanted to travel and write a bit.

Faces In The Water is the most mind blowing NZ book I ever read, but I haven't read a book in 20 years since the internet started.

Pretty sure he said he wants to travel and write. Writing is a craft that takes practice, some have it some don't. Someone as young as he is that wants to follow his passion should be applauded, whether he makes a living from it, only time will tell But kudos to him for giving it a go. These days with social media and other online avenues means once he finds his genre, his niche, he may well succeed. The boy is driven to try by all accounts. Leave him be...
He has the knack for writing well. "So has it". He is talented as a writer. Better than I could ever hope to be. Just has no discernment for what to write about it.

He has the knack for writing well. "So has it". He is talented as a writer. Better than I could ever hope to be. Just has no discernment for what to write about it.
Lol, not a fan of sbw myself & I can think of better subjects. But I guess a real writer gives it a shot whatever the subject that captures their interest. He's got a long ways to go that age and experience will refine hopefully. Haven't read it so will have a look

Lol, not a fan of sbw myself & I can think of better subjects. But I guess a real writer gives it a shot whatever the subject that captures their interest. He's got a long ways to go that age and experience will refine hopefully. Haven't read it so will have a look
Half of writing, in my view of being a hobby writer that has it on their bucket list to publish a book, is being able to think of a subject.
I guess Chanel Harris-Tavita likes SBW as an idol or something.
Personally I have seen SBW interviews and there is not much going on. Athletes have a special type of intelligence that is situational and remarkably free from emotion and other influences. They are very clear headed and can see all the angles.
However they can't remember yarns well or things from the past as different peoples brains a wired differently. Athletes live in the moment and optomise their brain power on the present.
They all make good commentators you will notice Cooper Cronk is off the hook as an insightful commentator but must be close to getting fired from NRL 360 for repetitiously saying "From my perspective" before he says anything. NRL 360 requires analysing past games which Cronk and the other hosts cant do well. They can't assess the past or future compared to normal people. Instead have a gift for the present.

I have no idea what I just wrote!!! Friday rant!!!
Summary Athlete books are rubbish my mum buys them for me every christmas and I put them on the fire,
With one exception if you truly loved that player then you will like their book.

Reactions: 3 users