never seen so many players quit on a club so publicly in the middle of a season before. Something horrible is happening at this club.

Some might say he didn’t quit but he def wouldn’t be going if he was enjoying himself.

Clubs fucked. We are now officially too bad to laugh at
With covid and being out of your comfort zone being away from home for so long would definitely add to us being fucked zero stability for the local guys.
Have to have respect for the ones who are pushing through.
It is a downer alright to lose someone you have put time into.

Reactions: Mr Frank White
To me this is a bad sign, even tho playing in the NRL is close to the pinnacle of rugby league, he still should of been enjoying playing it. Maybe that’s what’s wrong with the team? Are they not enjoying their league? Has Brown made it too serious? I see other team celebrating and it seems our team is just going thru the motions? Maybe reading too much into it?

Good on him, big call for one so young to make that call, kind of shows he has a good head on his shoulders and can see the bigger picture. The game is there for him should he get the desire back. I've kind of been wondering if the fatigue of being away from their home base, home crew and family so long has been getting to them.

To me this is a bad sign, even tho playing in the NRL is close to the pinnacle of rugby league, he still should of been enjoying playing it. Maybe that’s what’s wrong with the team? Are they not enjoying their league? Has Brown made it too serious? I see other team celebrating and it seems our team is just going thru the motions? Maybe reading too much into it?

You’re not. Team looks fractured and tired. Either ready to go home or just take a break like Chanel Harris-Tavita

No, not too serious, a blame game.
Got a neighbour who can't seem to get ahead & it's always everyone else's fault. It's f***ing tedious and tiring.
That's how I see Brown, always seems to throw someone (or 3 under the bus every presser) and comes across as so low energy. That's gotta rub off. And for the record, I don't see that as a 'nice' guy...it's passing the buck and I can't see him being any different. That kinda nature is ingrained imo and the main reason he doesn't inspire confidence or response in a team or in coaching staff. As if they haven't got enough to contend with.
I hope there's enough resilience in the team to rise above this shit show

He'd have a blast in Superleague or French rugby and make similar money if not more.
That was my first thought- ticks the travel box and what writer wouldn’t want to spend some time in France?
A season of five eight in French second division rugby would pay the bills without any pressure and could even improve his skill set if he did want to come back In 2024.
Oh well must have his reasons- good luck to him I say- there’s more to life than footy.
Wonder if living in oz has been a bit of an eye opener for him- it’s a big ol world out there.

tajhay

🏉
Respect his decision but selfishly, couldnt we throw him a few extra $$$$ to see if he'd change his mind
Money doesn't matter as much when you are comfortably living life. A 50-100k upgrade to entice him to sign isn't that significant for people earning well above the average.

Dont understand why hes announcing now though.... timing isnt great.... Nikorima jumps ship 2 weeks ago, Lodge, randomly last week and now Chanel Harris-Tavita..... falling like domino's... who's next ?
By all accounts he made the decision around 2 weeks ago. Why can't he choose his own timing? So that there is more conjecture about how greedy he is, about which club he's going to? About how the club is lowballing him? Surely he has decided that the best time to publicly announce it is right now, so shouldn't we respect that? It's his life, and I'm sure he feels like a burden is lifted with random questions about where he is going to, why he didn't accept the warriors offer etc.

Good luck to him. Respect his decision.

tajhay

🏉
Wonder if living in oz has been a bit of an eye opener for him- it’s a big ol world out there.
Covid would have. Life is too short to not be living the life you envisioned growing up. He started taking up writing during covid, and probably has rethought his future as a result. Too often we all get too caught up in a cycle and do what we should, rather than what we want. Covid is a great time to reanalyse and reprioritise one's life.

Nrl 360! rugby league on all australaian angles.
Thought Anthony Griffin was a good watch on it tonight and good to listen to in the sense that I feel like the dragons as a team are in about the same place as the Warriors at the moment as both games have shown there’s not much between them, glimpses but many mistakes. He thinks the dragons will become more consistent later in the season, a slow build in a sense but they all agreed how disruptive to the season not having settled halves is. I worry for two reasons now with the rest of the season for Chanel Harris-Tavita and one is that he’s not interested anymore and buttons off and the other is that he forms a really good pairing with Shaun Johnson and we can’t have him.

Reactions: Defence