Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
  • Haha
Reactions: matiunz and bruce

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
What separates Chanel Harris-Tavita is his defence, I think it is hard to underestimate the value of a solid defensive Half. My prediction is he will improve majorly playing and training with Shaun Johnson.
Yes his defensive efforts have been impressive, especially when defending close to the line. The thing that worries me is his inability to create space for his outsides. He tends to just drop his second rower under into traffic. There seems to be a lack of ability to put his second rower one on one with the opposition half, or give early ball to the centre

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Yes his defensive efforts have been impressive, especially when defending close to the line. The thing that worries me is his inability to create space for his outsides. He tends to just drop his second rower under into traffic. There seems to be a lack of ability to put his second rower one on one with the opposition half, or give early ball to the centre
Good call, he’d be more threatening with a long pass. I don’t doubt he has one but he‘s kept it in his back pocket all year.

Reactions: Big_Fattz

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020

Ha! I think the warriors had a call from Justin Pascoe saying they were going to chase Chanel Harris-Tavita hard at November 1 😂
No need for any club to go hard for him after November 1. We will gift wrap him with a bow and ship him off fast post

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
No need for any club to go hard for him after November 1. We will gift wrap him with a bow and ship him off fast post

Just like what we did with Papalii. We need to delve a bit deeper into why players are not performing. Is it positional or structural in the team. Injury plays a part as well, Chanel Harris-Tavita always seemed to be playing catch up after injuries during the season, let alone not having a settled lineup around him.

He is like the team as a whole, has not produced what we want, but has shown glimpses of what can be if managed right.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Bunty and Jazz were allowed to go fishing for offers too, didn't find anything, and stayed. Halves are different, but is anyone going to make him their first choice? Raiders are the one with an obvious hole at 7, but they'd probably be setting their sights a bit higher.

Funny that's Sean O'Sullivan dad offered him a contract and he's like nah, show some respect to your elders boy.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013

Well this is a mystery, because his passing vision was one of his absolute strengths coming through. He had a good long ball.

There is less space and time in FG, but I'm not sure if this is the issue.

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
Bunty and Jazz were allowed to go fishing for offers too, didn't find anything, and stayed. Halves are different, but is anyone going to make him their first choice? Raiders are the one with an obvious hole at 7, but they'd probably be setting their sights a bit higher.

Funny that's Sean O'Sullivan dad offered him a contract and he's like nah, show some respect to your elders boy.
Jazz was wanted by the dogs actually but he turned down a higher offer from them to stay with us.

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
These players kept getting picked even though they were crap. Only time
Just like what we did with Papalii. We need to delve a bit deeper into why players are not performing. Is it positional or structural in the team. Injury plays a part as well, Chanel Harris-Tavita always seemed to be playing catch up after injuries during the season, let alone not having a settled lineup around him.

He is like the team as a whole, has not produced what we want, but has shown glimpses of what can be if managed right.
These players kept getting picked even though they were crap. Only time Chanel Harris-Tavita was not picked was when he was injured. So I think if you kept picking them when they are obviously rubbish, then they had no reason to try harder or improve. Papalii went well this year at the Eels because he was in a new team and had to earn his place each week unlike at the Warriors when he was strangely always picked even though he performed poorly and did nothing. Chanel Harris-Tavita is the same, why should he put in an effort if he is getting picked all the time. That is the Warriors main problem, they continue to play guys that showed no effort of class. Only way to get them to try is to drop them, or ship them off when their contract is up. Chanel Harris-Tavita is never going to improve, he has had plenty of chances and has shown he is not the answer. We need to spend the money on a quality half and give up on hoping Chanel Harris-Tavita will perform, which I don't think he ever will.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

These players kept getting picked even though they were crap. Only time Chanel Harris-Tavita was not picked was when he was injured. So I think if you kept picking them when they are obviously rubbish, then they had no reason to try harder or improve. Papalii went well this year at the Eels because he was in a new team and had to earn his place each week unlike at the Warriors when he was strangely always picked even though he performed poorly and did nothing. Chanel Harris-Tavita is the same, why should he put in an effort if he is getting picked all the time. That is the Warriors main problem, they continue to play guys that showed no effort of class. Only way to get them to try is to drop them, or ship them off when their contract is up. Chanel Harris-Tavita is never going to improve, he has had plenty of chances and has shown he is not the answer. We need to spend the money on a quality half and give up on hoping Chanel Harris-Tavita will perform, which I don't think he ever will.

So your logic is if the players do not perform ship them out and do not worry about internal reasons why they may not be performing

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
If we get manu for Chanel , fair enough.
But I would still like to retain him and Egan and build the squads cohesion. You know a real team, not just mercenaries

Reactions: kos

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018

Bit of injury playing a part in his form imo. He'll come right. Reason I don't want to let him go is because I've heard a rumour lol, he's clever, got the top 2 inches. Out of all the attributes in a RL player thats the bit you can't coach into someone. What is he 19-20? Yeah, lets let him go :rolleyes:

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018

getting picked even though they were crap
There wasn't much choice left?
when he was injured.
Badly btw
they had no reason to try harder or improve.
Or playing a bit broken cos there wasn't anyone else?
strangely always picked even though he performed poorly and did nothing.
Maybe someone who knows about league saw the potential that was always there...takes time to build a player?
why should he put in an effort
Do you know what he's doing off the field while injured? Do you also know how long it takes, and the effort, to recover?
Only way to get them to try is to drop them,
Yeah, let someone else reap their talent. Papaili anyone?
Chanel Harris-Tavita is never going to improve
Top 2 inches mate can do anything - took Cronk a while. But gotta have it to know it yeah? :p
which I don't think he ever will
Rest my case...

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013

These guys look okay?
He's signed to the Cowboys.

Tom Weaver is the best halves prospect right now who hasn't yet played NRL, and is signed to the Titans.

Cassius Cowley (played one game for us last year in SG ball comp) had a good U18 season for WM Seagulls this year and actually finished 2nd in MVP voting.

We have Sebastyan Jack contracted who played in the same U18 comp for Redcliffe. Don't think he's rated that highly but sounds like the club want to try develop him via the age grades.

Reactions: bangbros18 and Cces

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings