General Challenge Cup 2017

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Keeping his mouth firmly shut atm which is good news
Was told by a former player that he was completely overbearing. Was at every training session telling the trainers what to do, would go on rants to coaches and players and make halftime speeches. He employed people to do a job then proceed to undermine them at every turn.

Only way the club could change that is if he changed himself. He was only into the Reds so he could get his racecourse built...

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Was told by a former player that he was completely overbearing. Was at every training session telling the trainers what to do, would go on rants to coaches and players and make halftime speeches. He employed people to do a job then proceed to undermine them at every turn.

Only way the club could change that is if he changed himself. He was only into the Reds so he could get his racecourse built...
I went to see a Salford game on a corporate thing the season before last. We got invited into the lounge afterwards to see the MOTM being awarded. Sau was handed a small trophy and the rest of the lads were stood watching with maybe 30 or 40 punters like me. Koukash had his feet up on a bar table and shouted across the room, 'Junior, we need another 12 like you' . Complete xxxx of an individual tbh

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I went to see a Salford game on a corporate thing the season before last. We got invited into the lounge afterwards to see the MOTM being awarded. Sau was handed a small trophy and the rest of the lads were stood watching with maybe 30 or 40 punters like me. Koukash had his feet up on a bar table and shouted across the room, 'Junior, we need another 12 like you' . Complete xxxx of an individual tbh
Bloody sad when a club with such a rich history in our great game has to sell its soul to a guy with no respect for the past. Lance Todd would turn in his grave. If I recall through the haze they played tests at the Willows sometimes. I am sure the Kiwis have played Great Britain there.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I remember Chris Hesketh well, not just a tough player but a genuine leader. He was the captain of the tour Down Under in 1974. That was avery good side. What is he up to these days? Do you know? he must be getting on a bit.
Not sure, but he has a trophy named after him for a local junior competition.
Waving a flag for own region of Cumbria, but Paul Charlton was full back in the same GB test side and played for Salford in the 70's. . Best Cumbrian player I have ever seen (I'm 57 now), absolute legend

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Not sure, but he has a trophy named after him for a local junior competition.
Waving a flag for own region of Cumbria, but Paul Charlton was full back in the same GB test side and played for Salford in the 70's. . Best Cumbrian player I have ever seen (I'm 57 now), absolute legend
Do you remember Tommy Bishop who played for Barrow before St Helens?

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
upload_2017-7-14_11-0-41.png

Reactions: Miket12

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player