Player Chad Townsend

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I actually don't mind him. He gives it everything with the talent he has and for the salary he is on is a good back up half. Compare that to Niko.....
After last game his main asset is probably contact value... I was hoping he'd kick on..

wizards rage

wizards rage

We will see how shit Nathan Brown is as a coach now. No excuses with a Premiership winning half in the team.
Combinations take time to build. Thrown in the deep end and everyone expecting miracles. I just hope he is consistent and gets us into good positions.

Late in the season we will just be starting to build the game around him and then suddenly he will be gone…

And I will pre-empt it now… when he does something shit ‘what a cowboy’ 🤣

Reactions: 5 users

rocketman

Combinations take time to build. Thrown in the deep end and everyone expecting miracles. I just hope he is consistent and gets us into good positions.

Late in the season we will just be starting to build the game around him and then suddenly he will be gone…

And I will pre-empt it now… when he does something shit ‘what a cowboy’ 🤣
He will fit right back in they still only play 60 min of the game the only thing that has changed since he left is the home ground they are just as shit as when he left .

warriorsfan92

Sam o’s 5 games avg: 2 tackle breaks, 3 missed tackles, 22 tackles, 1 error, 70m, 250 kick metres, 1 forced drop out

Chad: 11 game avg: 2 tackle break, 4 miss tackles, 20 tackles, 0 tries, 1 try assist, 0.5 line break assist, 1 error, 60m, 1 forced drop out.

on these stats, they’re VERY even, in fact Chad is a worse defender. However, and of considerable note. Kick meters Sean O'Sullivan: 250, Chad: 400m. He’ll share the kicking with kodi, and provide some direction. He’s not a major coup, but he’ll boost our side imo. 250k is nothing btw.

Reactions: 1 user

warriorsfan92

Especially when kodi only kicks for 190m a game. I have no idea where our kick meters come from.
Kodi: 190m
Walsh: 140m
Egan: 20m
Chanel Harris-Tavita: 190m
Sean O'Sullivan: 250m

that’s abysmal. With Chad averaging 400+ This will be a huge asset.

just for comparison:

Dce: 370m
Shaun: 390m
Reynolds: 330m
Cleary: 470m
Moses: 330m

A good side needs good kickers. We currently don’t have one. Townsend is right up there for field position. He’ll be an asset

Reactions: 3 users

j-bob

Looks like we are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

backwards step IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Definite upgrade on the current alternatives and the current alternatives will hopefully learn a thing or two.

His signing's an obvious move given the price versus the experience (if we were signing him full-time for more than the end of 2021, you can bet would the price would be north of $250k!)

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

Usually if a player comes back to a club they come back to familiar faces and surroundings (city, training facility, home ground). We have had a huge turnover of players since he was last here and are based in a different location.

We even have different colours.

It's going to feel like a different club.

Reactions: 1 user
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Usually if a player comes back to a club they come back to familiar faces and surroundings (city, training facility, home ground). We have had a huge turnover of players since he was last here and are based in a different location.

We even have different colours.

It's going to feel like a different club.
That's an understatement. Fusitua is the only player left, and who knows what is happening there.

Geez, flash forward 3 years after Townsend and there are only 5 players left - Fusitua, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Tevaga, Afoa and Harris.

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

That's an understatement. Fusitua is the only player left, and who knows what is happening there.

Geez, flash forward 3 years after Townsend and there are only 5 players left - Fusitua, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Tevaga, Afoa and Harris.
Yeah when I was writing that comment I was really struggling to think of any. Thought there may have been a few.

Surprised there is only one and I wouldn't be surprised if his tenure comes to an end.

A big turn around in our squad since his last stint. If you look at injuries and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Townsend coming in our team will look different between last round or 3-4 rounds ago and our next game.