Player Chad Townsend

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
its a shame we can't keep the good players like C-Money. Instead we keep the others and wonder why we finish where we do, while the likes of Chad and Maloney go off to other teams and show how good they are by winning a premiership or two

Reactions: 1 users
Defence

Defence

Seriously tho- apparent he’s on close to a million a year! Doesn’t bode well if we’re going to market for a half.

Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

It would of been interesting who the Sharks would of kept.

Moylan and Johnson are the bigger stars who make things happen but are injured a lot of the time. Moylan looks to have been replaced at fullback and they are trying to sign Johnson for a lower contract.

It sounded like Fitzgibbon wanted to keep Townsend.

Good luck to him at the Cowboys. He will get a chance to be the main guy.

Reactions: 1 user
Defence

Defence

It would of been interesting who the Sharks would of kept.

Moylan and Johnson are the bigger stars who make things happen but are injured a lot of the time. Moylan looks to have been replaced at fullback and they are trying to sign Johnson for a lower contract.

It sounded like Fitzgibbon wanted to keep Townsend.

Good luck to him at the Cowboys. He will get a chance to be the main guy.

Nah sharks were already talking to Reynolds- I reckon chads taken the hint- good for him though- cowboys offer sounds too good to refuse.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Didn’t Chad have to leave NZ to be close to his Mother in law ‘s cancer issues. Not sure what has happened since but Townsville is a long way from Cronulla .

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

kos

Thought that was Rudolph who reneged on his Warriors contract and stayed with Sharks.

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

Didn’t Chad have to leave NZ to be close to his Mother in law ‘s cancer issues. Not sure what has happened since but Townsville is a long way from Cronulla .
That was the main reason for returning to Sydney. Hopefully that means the situation has improved.

Thought that was Rudolph who reneged on his Warriors contract and stayed with Sharks.
My recollection was he had someone blind or partially blind and someone else with cancer. It was his mother and mother in-law not sure who had what. I believe his situation was the same before he signed with us. But I can understand if he re-thought about it and moving country wasn't ideal. Cronulla increasing his contract would of also helped.

Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

Got to feel for Sean O'Sullivan.

Dad knows his limits like no other.

No nepotism, nothing to see here. His son is doing us a favour taking a small contract to act as an emergency stop gap.

Reactions: 6 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Got to feel for Sean O'Sullivan.

Dad knows his limits like no other.

No nepotism, nothing to see here. His son is doing us a favour taking a small contract to act as an emergency stop gap.
I actually don't mind him. He gives it everything with the talent he has and for the salary he is on is a good back up half. Compare that to Niko.....

Reactions: 4 users