General Carl Webb

Lego_Man_old

WHY is it that when we make these signings, it's always with the hope that they can "turn their career around" or "get back to their best with a change of environment"?

It's bull**** that we sign players based on "hope". What we need is good players in good form - and/or young'uns with good potential. If we cant get that from Australia, may as well just stick to our local products instead of wasting coin.

JonB_old

We bring in Lillyman to play second row he sucks. He pick up some local players (Ta'ai and Brown) and they out preform him 10 fold.

An error was made somewhere.

Spence_old

We bring in Lillyman to play second row he sucks. He pick up some local players (Ta'ai and Brown) and they out preform him 10 fold.

An error was made somewhere.

Brown wasn't a local, but point noted.

Iafeta_old

The problem for Ukuma and any bloke who plays on the right hand side (Likiliki and Locke) is the club is fascinated with left hand corner bombs and has no use whatsoever for getting the ball to the left. Ukuma was great last night, but he never got the ball. Likiliki must have wondered what this **** was all about, he wanted the ball, and got none.

Northern_Union

Ukuma Ta'ai is a wrecking ball.... with more game time he could be what we are looking for

Early in the season Ta'ai made his debute and it was a poor debut. I said he wasn't up to first grade. But after watching him closely, apart from drifting in and out the game, i think the guy could be a match winner.

Cheops_old

Oh dear. What's next, how about we swap Locke for Ty Williams? Maybe we should swap Shaun Johnson for Travis Burns because he has more experience? Likiliki for Paul Bowman?

kiwi man_old

one thing webb would add is intimidation, something which we are seriously lacking..
also on tai'i he has potential to be as damaging as frank pritchard, the one thing that will work against him is cleary is his coach

Lego_Man_old

For your benefit i'll post what Beaver's Headgear from LU said, this pretty much sums up the signing in my mind:

This must be a gee up ?

If they wanted a bloke to drop the ball, give away dumb penalties, and produce 1 good game in every 10, you already had a bloke to do that, and he woulda been at least $150,000 cheaper, Lauaki !!!

The Carl Webb hardman thing is a myth. He made 2 good tackles in Origin and has lived off it since. King hitting Dallas Johnson doesn't make him tough, punching a Newcastle player while lying on top of him is not tough, Shaving a Q into your melon is not tough

In the words of Toiletduck - 'Nuff Said.

RRG_old

WTF is the Warriors obsession with past it Cowboy rejects?

Luck, Lillyman, and now Webb.

In the last couple of seasons the Cowboys have signed some of the best young kiwi talent and in return we're coming up with this BS.

If this goes through I'm going to be soooo pissed.

Luck has been a great buy for the team and I would hardly call him a Cowboys "reject"". Don't put Luck in the same category as the others

KeepingTheFaith_old

Luck has been a great buy for the team and I would hardly call him a Cowboys "reject"". Don't put Luck in the same category as the others

He didn't even have a contract when we signed him. The Cowboys didn't want him. Regardless of his performances and value to the Warriors, he was definately a Cowboys reject.

Besides, his time has come now so he's free to go back there.

edguy_old

How many ex Cowboys have had at the Warriors?

- Roveli
- Luck
- Death
- Lillyman
- Fien

How many ex Warriors have they had there?
- roveli
- Rapira (Steve
- Ah Mau (next year)

There are probabaly more players that I've forgotten about.

Have we got a sister club relationship with them? Or is it just that like us they are an outpost and they too find it hard to attract Sydney / Brisbane born and bred players?

you missed a couple ....sione faumuina and david myles as well.lol

Magic Stick_old

He didn't even have a contract when we signed him. The Cowboys didn't want him. Regardless of his performances and value to the Warriors, he was definately a Cowboys reject.

Agreed...I wouldnt be dissapointed to see Luck gone,The game has moved on,you cant afford to carry one dimensional players

KeepingTheFaith_old

The game has moved on,

That's the important part for me. When we signed Luck he was a bargain buy and all credit to him, the club was in a mess and he did a fantastic job of helping us rebuild, but at the end of the day he's a player with limited capabilities and the Warriors as a team have reached the limits to where Luck can be a prominant figure.

I've always said that I see Lock as an important position, and it shouldn't be wasted on a one dimensional player, and when it comes to the backrow we simply have better options than Luck.

He's been a great servant and I've never doubted his work ethic or effort, but the Warriors are better off moving forward from him.

RRG_old

Couldn't disagree more the last thing we need to do is get rid of Luck. Clearly our second / back row is not well balanced and a player like Lillyman should NEVER have been signed. The stupidity of his signing was extenuated by the Sonny Fai tragedy and Mannerings loss of form. Luck however has been one of our best this year.

As for Webb I don't think he has the brains and is not the answer at all despite the need to have someone who can put oppostion forwards on their backside.

KeepingTheFaith_old

I agree on the Webb point.

Out of curiosity what has Luck done that's so great? You can only be talking about his defense and while he makes a lot of tackles, far too many of them are weak or unnessecary 3rd man in tackles.

I've heard people talk about his clean up work, but I don't see it. In fact I think he plants his feet way too early and has poor lateral movement as a result (which forces him to go around the legs when a chest tackle is the better option).

JonB_old

totally KTF. You wouldn't notice him unless you were trying to notice him. How many memorable tackles has he made?
I think this team in general in encouraged not to hit, I remember Sammy Raps used to tackle hard, nowa days he doesn't.