Staff Cameron George

Do you sack Cameron George

• Total voters

bruce

Contributor
The Blues were owned by Murray "She'll be right" Bolton who somehow presided over some decent business failures.

He is no longer involved it seems, maybe that is why they have turned around. :rolleyes:

Apparently he is worth $500 million now but he was owner of Levenes and Palmers Garden Centres about 20 years ago, and I think Corporate Cabs. The first two went down like lead balloons.

Why not get him in?:eek::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: AusWarriorsFan

playdaball

Heritage Member
I've been critical of Cameron George for a little while but I've just listened to his interview with Stephen McIvor on SENZ and I now have some respect for him. This especially applies to what he has had to put up with over the past 3 years and his stance of people vs football.
There are still many things about him that I believe he could improve on but do yourself a favour and put aside 45 mins or so to have a listen.

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
After writing that nice, supportive post last night …

Now let’s see what CG and Hodges can get from the Broncos for releasing Walsh out of his contract . Did he have a clause in his contract saying that he could leave if he wasn’t happy having to live in NZ?

Regardless , negotiation skills 101 , come into play here !

Plus ...

The media spin around Walsh returning to the Broncos, CNK returning and Webster coming here will be interesting

Last edited:
Honestly, the spin and lack of transparency that seems endemic in this club is reprehensible. They must think Warriors fans are idiots. And they're aided by a complicit New Zealand media - with very few exceptions - that do no investigative digging, and seem happy to rework press releases and media conferences and call it 'news'. Man, I'd love a job where I could bash out a 500-word fluff piece about the Warriors each day. My work would be done in 20 minutes.

I don't generally agree with Chris Rattue, but at least he has the gumption to point fingers, and his recent takes on the inner workings at the Warriors I thought were insightful and on the money

CG's interview on SEN yesterday is a case in point. He was softballed questions from an admiring interviewer with no mention of the impending Reece Walsh drama, no probing questions about the Matt Lodge debacle, no frank talk about the failure of Brownie, no interrogation about the chronic underperformance of the club under his watch, no insights into the decision making behind these 'short term' recruitments which seem to keep backfiring (Lodge, Townsend, Walsh), no concern about what sort of message releasing 'homesick' players sends to the wider squad and new signings ... just pats on the back for a job well done under trying circumstances.

Groan.

The homecoming last weekend was awesome. I loved the passion. It looked like the players genuinely cared, perhaps for the first time this season. However, the emotion behind that shouldn't mask the reality: this club has developed a habit of feeding us smokescreens, of blurring stories to obscure the reality.

"Lodge leaving will actually be a positive in that it will open up pathways for our younger props to get a go". Ha! When? Oh, wait, you mean Dunamis?

"Yeah, yeah, Reece Walsh - our future superstar and easily the most marketable player at the club - is gone, but hey, we got CNK! That's a win, right. And anyway, Reece was homesick, so ... well, y'know."

Enough already! Be upfront with us, at least be more upfront. We've been around the block with this club. We can handle the truth.

Honestly, the spin and lack of transparency that seems endemic in this club is reprehensible. They must think Warriors fans are idiots. And they're aided by a complicit New Zealand media - with very few exceptions - that do no investigative digging, and seem happy to rework press releases and media conferences and call it 'news'. Man, I'd love a job where I could bash out a 500-word fluff piece about the Warriors each day. My work would be done in 20 minutes.

I don't generally agree with Chris Rattue, but at least he has the gumption to point fingers, and his recent takes on the inner workings at the Warriors I thought were insightful and on the money

CG's interview on SEN yesterday is a case in point. He was softballed questions from an admiring interviewer with no mention of the impending Reece Walsh drama, no probing questions about the Matt Lodge debacle, no frank talk about the failure of Brownie, no interrogation about the chronic underperformance of the club under his watch, no insights into the decision making behind these 'short term' recruitments which seem to keep backfiring (Lodge, Townsend, Walsh), no concern about what sort of message releasing 'homesick' players sends to the wider squad and new signings ... just pats on the back for a job well done under trying circumstances.

Groan.

The homecoming last weekend was awesome. I loved the passion. It looked like the players genuinely cared, perhaps for the first time this season. However, the emotion behind that shouldn't mask the reality: this club has developed a habit of feeding us smokescreens, of blurring stories to obscure the reality.

"Lodge leaving will actually be a positive in that it will open up pathways for our younger props to get a go". Ha! When? Oh, wait, you mean Dunamis?

"Yeah, yeah, Reece Walsh - our future superstar and easily the most marketable player at the club - is gone, but hey, we got CNK! That's a win, right. And anyway, Reece was homesick, so ... well, y'know."

Enough already! Be upfront with us, at least be more upfront. We've been around the block with this club. We can handle the truth.
So hard to tell the truth when you are just hanging on! This reset is so crucial going forward, I hope Mohawk brings in another independent review from the top down.

I do also dislike the clubs stance on letting players walk from their contracts.

Does this club stand for anything?

bruce

Contributor
I've been critical of Cameron George for a little while but I've just listened to his interview with Stephen McIvor on SENZ and I now have some respect for him. This especially applies to what he has had to put up with over the past 3 years and his stance of people vs football.
There are still many things about him that I believe he could improve on but do yourself a favour and put aside 45 mins or so to have a listen.
Thanks for the tip. I will put that on my to do list. So far that is three years long, my phone is stuck to my ear.

• Haha
Reactions: francis
We’ve been beset with sub par management (and players) throughout our history, yet we seem to continue this trend.
George looks like he has great intentions but seems out of his depth and gets eaten alive by other more competent CEO’s/Managers, I’ve got no doubt his moral compass is set well and he is a good person, but maybe he lacks the inner workings “mongrel” of others in the comp.
Maybe it’s time we looked at someone who knows how to play the game, because really we look weak as piss right now.

bruce

Contributor
I think we found cams secret account on here.
Bruce does not how to work socks, that belongs to others :rolleyes:
We’ve been beset with sub par management (and players) throughout our history, yet we seem to continue this trend.
George looks like he has great intentions but seems out of his depth and gets eaten alive by other more competent CEO’s/Managers, I’ve got no doubt his moral compass is set well and he is a good person, but maybe he lacks the inner workings “mongrel” of others in the comp.
Maybe it’s time we looked at someone who knows how to play the game, because really we look weak as piss right now.
Just look at Souths, another idiot owner but they do ok. They usually have a good CEO though.

I got to hear the full media conference with Cameron George today. The mainstream media went very hard at him about most of the issues that have been raised in this forum, including whether we have the right owner and ceo for the job. First time I’ve heard things put that directly.
Where can we hear this Fonz?

Reactions: bruce
I got to hear the full media conference with Cameron George today. The mainstream media went very hard at him about most of the issues that have been raised in this forum, including whether we have the right owner and ceo for the job. First time I’ve heard things put that directly.
Are you able to expand on his answers a bit? (or is it something we can look forward to on the next podcast?)

Groan.

Honestly, CG must hold the view that Warriors fans are the softest sell in the league and he‘s probably right to some degree.

He’s sat on the Walsh news for weeks until he could announce CNK, and with the new coach signing also imminent it provides another talking point to direct attention away from losing Walsh.

I have no issue with Walsh leaving, there’s no blame to level imo but there is an insincerity by CG towards the timing of, and how such news is conveyed/Spun, Lodge another example of this.

Just be frank and honest with the fan base is all I ask.

Bruce does not how to work socks, that belongs to others :rolleyes:

Just look at Souths, another idiot owner but they do ok. They usually have a good CEO though.
And that’s the secret right there, you can have an idiot owning the asylum but you can’t have 1 running it.
Nice guy but seems out of his depth.

Reactions: bruce
Honestly, CG must hold the view that Warriors fans are the softest sell in the league and he‘s probably right to some degree.

He’s sat on the Walsh news for weeks until he could announce CNK, and with the new coach signing also imminent it provides another talking point to direct attention away from losing Walsh.

I have no issue with Walsh leaving, there’s no blame to level imo but there is an insincerity by CG towards the timing of and how such news is conveyed/Spun, Lodge another example of this.

Just be frank and honest with the fan base is all I ask.
What disappoints me is we’re being sold a broken CNK is a huge gain for someone we’ve invested so heavily in heading into his prime, I hope to be proven wrong but with CNKs recent history he’ll be doing well to be available for half a season, to sign him for 3 years seems a bit heavy also.