Staff Cameron George

Do you sack Cameron George

• Total voters
Could be to do with the last round against Titans?
Yes wasnt that a clusterfuck.
I was at that game.
The team just imploded and self destructed.
Whatever you think of Robinson and George.
The team still exists still playing survives and will improve once it gets back to Maurice Rd and gets some soul and spirit back.
Bet ya most of the owners of the other clubs woudl have given up with what the Warriors have had to put up with.

Reactions: 1 user

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
CG slipped in there, that Matt could have still taken the option up, so they bought him out of it.

I guess Lodge and his mgmt can threaten to do that… then the club could have just ripped up his contract when he didn’t show up to November preseason training in Auckland? And he can’t sign with anyone else until that point, so call his bluff?

But then you are paying him to stay at home in the meantime so he doesn't infect the rest of the team, and that isn’t good either.

Moses corp have really f-cked them on this one.

Reactions: 1 users
If you describe yourself as an alpha you're highly unlikely to actually be an alpha.
I'll continue to enjoy the rollercoaster but we're a fucking basket case

Reactions: 19 users
I don't have a lot of love for Cameron George but this story has been enormously overblown. The Buzz piece was absolutely shameful journalism. The number of players who have other clubs paying their salaries, sometimes to not play, is ridiculous — Lodge himself is one of those players, as is Dallin Watene-Zelezniak. That's the way of the game. It happens.

This is an egregious example but let's not forget that Matt Lodge is an egregious human being. His track record of acting like a dickhead is a lot longer than our track record of being incompetent — and that's really saying something. We shouldn't have been in this position in the first place because we shouldn't have hired him.

That said, George clearly shouldn't be the guy fronting the press. If I was advising the club, I would've said that we shouldn't do a press conference about this. AND EVEN LESS SO after Robinson's gone and talked about his alpha male fracas. George has been thrown under the bus here a bit, and this already isn't what he's good at. All it's done is open us up to more scrutiny and more disingenuous reporting.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Serious, open question as I see comments about the George presser:

What is he meant to say? What would you have wanted him to say?

Does CG have any background in Rugby League? He does with horse racing and controversy follows him. It's part of his MO in racing.

Reactions: 1 user

playdaball

Heritage Member
Is it me or do others cringe when they hear Cameron George?
I’m sure he is a good bloke but definitely time for a change.

Would be great to get a new CEO with league experience but I wonder if Hamish Riach is tired of the Ashburton Council. 10 super finals with 6 of them wins in 17 years. No idea what he is like but he would know what success looks like.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Would be great to get a new CEO with league experience but I wonder if Hamish Riach is tired of the Ashburton Council. 10 super finals with 6 of them wins in 17 years. No idea what he is like but he would know what success looks like.
Well it would be bloody closer than what we got. George just doesnt even understand what removing your spine and your reserve spine means to a club

What did Jim Doyle see in this guy?
i think a lot of them knew him from the TAB type industries, which are nothing remotely close to running a Rugby League club.
That pre 2019 move on twitter was the most stupid thing I have seen done in the corporate world. Especially when your attacking a guy for a salary the club offered him, wtf, was he on the piss too?

i think a lot of them knew him from the TAB type industries, which are nothing remotely close to running a Rugby League club.
That pre 2019 move on twitter was the most stupid thing I have seen done in the corporate world. Especially when your attacking a guy for a salary the club offered him, wtf, was he on the piss too?
That should really have been alarm bells shouldn't it? The racing scene in New Zealand has been poorly run much longer then the warriors existence right?

I could be wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
That should really have been alarm bells shouldn't it? The racing scene in New Zealand has been poorly run much longer then the warriors existence right?

I could be wrong.
If you google search ‘the optimist.site Cameron George’ you will find some interesting opinions about his time in racing

Edit - I have deliberately not linked them here because I don’t know whether or not they are true

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users