Staff Cameron George

Do you sack Cameron George

• Total voters

Blindside

Just reading this thread, for the first time, it just reinforces my thoughts about the core problems at the Warriors.
They brought in somebody from the racing industry to lead the Warriors.
Wouldn't somebody with a background in rugby league have been a better choice and better able to network?
So who would be a CEO with the most rugby league experience?
I don't know, off hand, but I sure as hell would have found out.
We need experienced administrators with RL experiance.
Where would we find the best? Australia.
The Warriors have an obsession with home grown - that viewpoint should change to best available.
Look what a difference POS made. So we let him go.
Same with Gus. He could have done his job from Australia.
Whoever let them go should be shown the door.
If you want to become the best you need to hire the best.
Let them train locals to take over from them when their time is up.
There needs to be a constant striving for "the best". Second best won't do.

27 years as a club, access to some of the best junior talent and all we have to show in our trophy cabinet is?
The Storm joined after the Warriors. Don't come from a league stronghold yet have had way more success.
So who on the Warriors board have rugby league experience?
Anyone? We have moved from bra salesmen to horsemen.
Our game is rugby league. For heavens sake show you know something about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
So now that Reece Walsh has had his suspension reduced, do some on here want to give CG some credit for having the balls to go after it?

Reactions: 11 users
snake77

snake77

Maybe the conspiracy theorists are right question everything.

Well most things. If he didn't get suspended in the first place it would look kind of stupid. Why didn't you suspend our key player for a couple of games.

Reactions: 1 user
Cces

Cces

So now that Reece Walsh has had his suspension reduced, do some on here want to give CG some credit for having the balls to go after it?
Good on CG for doing this. We were fortunate that Walsh was allowed to use his Round 25 suspension concurrently with his off field suspension which meant his suspension was 2 rather than 3 games

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Fonzie

Fonzie

Good interview with Cameron George on the ThisWarriorsLife podcast, released today

Reactions: 5 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Good interview with Cameron George on the ThisWarriorsLife podcast, released today
CG was fairly guarded with some of his answers. Some of the other answers were playing to a ‘script’ e.g. boys can’t wait to get home … I reckon a few of the team reckon they’re already at home in QLD.

On the flipside, It’s good that he’s open to appearing on fan podcasts. I think he’s appearing on Roo & Hammer soon too.

Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Wouldn't somebody with a background in rugby league have been a better choice and better able to network?
The NRL does not have a good track record of recruiting top managers. Some of the Sydney ones have been right dickheads e.g. Lyall Gorman.

One reason would be the true power broker wants to have more control of the club.

However probably the main reason is price.

Watson showed that with the jersey salesman. before he took over the Warrior's he was CEO of ...wait for it...North Harbour Stadium!!!

Genuine CEOs are on way more than what CG earns.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
At the moment no just would like a confident reassurance that Walsh will be staying and put to bed the rumours
I was working on the basis the rumours may be true, and offering the perspective...so what?

He isn't the be all and end all, and has shown that.

having said that it would be nice if he stayed.

Reactions: 4 users
Defence

Defence

I was working on the basis the rumours may be true, and offering the perspective...so what?

What 16 games @ 31% winning percentage doesn’t scream million dollar contract to u?
Me either.
Gun player for sure but if he doesn’t wanna hang round I’m not offering those sort of overs.

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor

As CG once preached - no player is bigger than the club.

I hope he still holds true to that word.

Walsh is a quality player - but my god, the hype built up over this kid is ridiculous.

As soon as he hits a low point in the season - every player has it - the knives and forks will be out on him.

Reactions: 7 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Walsh is a quality player - but my god, the hype built up over this kid is ridiculous.
To be fair he had an immediate impact because of his speed. Not so much that he was exceptionally quick by NRL standards...but that our guys were so bloody slow...by NRL standards...and when Shaun Johnson left it really showed.

Smart leave by CG...just a loud mouthed dickhead IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
Jaffa J

Jaffa J

To be fair he had an immediate impact because of his speed. Not so much that he was exceptionally quick by NRL standards...but that our guys were so bloody slow...by NRL standards...and when Shaun Johnson left it really showed.

Smart leave by CG...just a loud mouthed dickhead IMO.
It wasn't so much speed it was his ball-playing skills, vision and kicking we hadn't had someone like that since Shaun Johnson

Reactions: 5 users
Noitall

Noitall

It wasn't so much speed it was his ball-playing skills, vision and kicking we hadn't had someone like that since Shaun Johnson
Been thinking a bit about the podcast with Ash Taylor and his comments about Reece Walsh having no filter and saying the first thing that comes into his head. Most players are diplomatic and say all the right things when interviewed, I wonder if all the speculation about Walsh’s future is him saying something about shifting to NZ and all the rain etc and sounding not keen. SJs podcast said that the Aussie players didn’t know there were beaches in NZ and thought it always rains.

• Love
Jaffa J

Jaffa J

Been thinking a bit about the podcast with Ash Taylor and his comments about Reece Walsh having no filter and saying the first thing that comes into his head. Most players are diplomatic and say all the right things when interviewed, I wonder if all the speculation about Walsh’s future is him saying something about shifting to NZ and all the rain etc and sounding not keen. SJs podcast said that the Aussie players didn’t know there were beaches in NZ and thought it always rains.
It could be he's only 19 and hasn't fully matured and probably hasn't left Australia before

Most Australians have the common misconception that NZ is like England it isn't until they actually see NZ to realise it's different

Reactions: 9 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
That’s the second comment like that I’ve heard about Walsh in about a week. Shaun Johnson on his podcast said something along the lines of “he’s not afraid to say what he thinks” which made me wonder if it can get him offside with players at times, particularly from a young player

bruce

bruce

Contributor
That’s the second comment like that I’ve heard about Walsh in about a week. Shaun Johnson on his podcast said something along the lines of “he’s not afraid to say what he thinks” which made me wonder if it can get him offside with players at times, particularly from a young player
That is the Aussie style, say what you think.

Reactions: 6 users