Staff Cameron George

Do you sack Cameron George

• Total voters
bruce

bruce

Contributor
as one who threw a punch or two in my time
at Mount Albert players too...john nick ;)...just had a mate call me up from Oz saying I remember you belting (NAME WITHDRAWN).I said I cannot remember but I used to belt everybody, then I remembered I couldn't have...he played for my club!!

john nick

john nick

at Mount Albert players too...john nick ;)...just had a mate call me up from Oz saying I remember you belting (NAME WITHDRAWN).I said I cannot remember but I used to belt everybody, then I remembered I couldn't have...he played for my club!!
Bruce you spoilt the story when you withdrew the name. Would love to know HER name??

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

hacksaw

OK guys, please take your horsie talk to the other sports section.
Maybe but this topic is about Cameron George who left racing to take on the Warriors as CEO in a game I doubt he knows much about. Cameron George also used to be CEO of Ellerslie.
An organisation called NZ Thoroughbred Breeders had their offices at Ellerslie which they had built. There was no lease in place with Ellerslie so at very short notice Cameron George booted them out which he would be entitled to do but it is another example of George's integrity

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Geoff Public

Geoff Public

Contributor
Perhaps if you read the article written by The Optimist it will out line the old boys network at the top of racing which Cameron George has fed from and assisted.
You didn't read my post so I will try again. Bruce Sharrock would be well enough connected to get a position without Cameron George.

Hypothetically if Cameron did help him and Bruce assisted us land a good player in gratitude, where is your problem?

hacksaw

You didn't read my post so I will try again. Bruce Sharrock would be well enough connected to get a position without Cameron George.

Hypothetically if Cameron did help him and Bruce assisted us land a good player in gratitude, where is your problem?
Yes Bruce Sharrock is part of the racing old boys network which includes George as Chairman of NZTR.

• Wow

PNG Kiwi

I am certain Cameron didn't plan it, and let's be honest with the way things have gone over the last couple of years it has been no easy task.

Previously I had big question marks about him, but I feel he has grown into the job, and got better as he has gained knowledge and experience.

I don't think Mark Robinson would tolerate him if he wasn't up to the task.

Reactions: 9 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I am certain Cameron didn't plan it, and let's be honest with the way things have gone over the last couple of years it has been no easy task.

Previously I had big question marks about him, but I feel he has grown into the job, and got better as he has gained knowledge and experience.

I agree with some of your points especially in the crazy way times that we live in .
If you were to look at KPIs pre COVID ( still apply now) the following points come to mind:

1, performance on field
- GF win
- top 8
- secondary teams performance

2, performance off field
- financial well being
- crowds
- brand equity
- people / mental well being
- tv ratings

Now you’d have to ask how has the club handled life in Covid and the answer would be … very good.

Anyway let’s hope this is our year!

bruce

bruce

Contributor

Hi Cameron.
No matter what you say I think Mohawk employed you because you have a brown tongue and are cheap.
have a good day,
Bruce

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Hi Cameron.
No matter what you say I think Mohawk employed you because you have a brown tongue and are cheap.
have a good day,
Bruce
CG was employed by your mate Eric Watson...

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Has there been any response to CG’s request to the NRL re Walsh’s suspension being reduced?

Reactions: 3 users
snake77

snake77

Has there been any response to CG’s request to the NRL re Walsh’s suspension being reduced?
Haven't heard anything since the articles saying the Warriors and Storm will query the NRL after Mitchell got to play.

Think they would of responded politely seeing as we have done them a solid the last few years. Probably got told on field vs off field issue, bad look for the game etc.

I wonder if the Storm with two players got a similar response to the Ukrainians to the Russians. Storm you had two players bring they game into disrepute, go fuck yourselves.

As much as the points system is meant to add consistency to the judiciary letting Mitchell off doesn't look good especially if they want that game to mean something. It should be a big deal to miss. The off field indiscretions are different again in terms of consistency.

Bushman

Bushman

Contributor
Haven't heard anything since the articles saying the Warriors and Storm will query the NRL after Mitchell got to play.

Think they would of responded politely seeing as we have done them a solid the last few years. Probably got told on field vs off field issue, bad look for the game etc.

I wonder if the Storm with two players got a similar response to the Ukrainians to the Russians. Storm you had two players bring they game into disrepute, go fuck yourselves.

As much as the points system is meant to add consistency to the judiciary letting Mitchell off doesn't look good especially if they want that game to mean something. It should be a big deal to miss. The off field indiscretions are different again in terms of consistency.

A journalists take on it
“But, the rules only apply to Match Review Committee decisions, that’s a really important one to understand.

“Smith and Walsh, they were issues with breach notices for off-field indiscretions while Latrell’s punishment was issued by the Match Review Committee.

“So, the rule simply doesn’t apply, it’s not a matter about doing a favour or Latrell getting a leg-up, they’re the rules.” 🤣🤣

So breaking someone's jaws all good then?
Article

To keep it slightly on topic, what does Cameron do about that?

• Angry
  • Sad