General Bulldogs -V- Rabbitohs...Wow!

Jesbass_old

With the Bulldogs leading 24-6 after 45 minutes, I thought the Rabbitohs weren't going to win their fourth match in a row for the first time since 1994, but...

They had a massive come back, and tied it all up 30-30 by full time. Then they scored a try in extra time to beet the Buldogs 36-30! (I'm not sure why the conversion kick was taken - I don't think it's supposed to be in golden point.)

Kid-Dynamite_old

The conversion kick was taken??? I didn't see it! :)

But yea, an incredible game! Wasn't it ironic.
Jarrod Hickey (who was one of the best players out there tonight) made the mistake that led to Young Luke Capewell's match winning try, and Capewell was probably one of the worst out there tonight! Credit to the kid though! That's footy!

The Bulldogs season is over now IMO! They join the Cowboys and Raiders as gonners for season '08 so far I reckon!

warrior_girl81_old

the bunnies are now officially the comeback kings!! i had a hard time picking this game in the tipping comp...was nearly a toss of the coin. well done bunnies

raypower_old

I forgot all about MNF.

We are officially the team that plays other teams into form. Take Manly, the Bunnies and to an extent the Cowboys seeing as they haven't won a game since us :D

Kid-Dynamite_old

On Foxsports.com.au, its says they won 34-30?

Yea, I'm pretty sure they didn't take the kick, not that it matters :D

But once the try was awarded they all went and shook hands, cos you're right JB, they don't have conversions for a try in golden point!

a.c.e_old

did we kick off the bunnies revolt for the top 8 thats had them win 4 games straight or what, we did the same for Manly in our first match they were winless till the thumped us!

Skinny_Ravs82

I forgot all about MNF.

We are officially the team that plays other teams into form. Take Manly, the Bunnies and to an extent the Cowboys seeing as they haven't won a game since us :D

lol well the Cows are struggling anyway so I don't think we should have too much of a problem

Jesbass_old

Yea, I'm pretty sure they didn't take the kick, not that it matters :D

But once the try was awarded they all went and shook hands, cos you're right JB, they don't have conversions for a try in golden point!

Yeah, the LU live updates said 'conversion attempt successful', lol. I thought that was pretty odd. 34-30, final score.

Kid-Dynamite_old

did we kick off the bunnies revolt for the top 8 thats had them win 4 games straight or what, we did the same for Manly in our first match they were winless till the thumped us!

Bunnies won't make the top 8!

I mean they haven't exactly vs. superstar sides this year!

Warriors (they're becoming a superstar side though, they vsed us when we were out of form), Bulldogs, Cowboys, Titans

I mean they almost lost to the Bulldogs and Cowboys, two of the bottom sides!
They beat the Titans because if you saw the game, the Titans were savaged by injuries in the back end of the game and got run down, when it seemed the Titans were cruising (they lost Luke Bailey, Preston Campbell, Daniel Conn and one other I think) Not to mention Titnas were away from home!

And against us..................well they got lucky! Thatey played us during our "slump period" in the season, we are out of it now and if we have another game against them??? we'll thrash em! :D

Put them up against the Roosters, Storm, Manly! Then see if this mircale finals appearance is going to happen in '08. I don't think it will!

Who are they playing this week???
They haven't played an in form team yet really!

As for our loss to Manly, It was in Round 3!!!! Manly were hardly on a losing streak after just two rounds!

2big2strong_old

The conversion kick was taken??? I didn't see it! :)

But yea, an incredible game! Wasn't it ironic.
Jarrod Hickey (who was one of the best players out there tonight) made the mistake that led to Young Luke Capewell's match winning try, and Capewell was probably one of the worst out there tonight! Credit to the kid though! That's footy!

The Bulldogs season is over now IMO! They join the Cowboys and Raiders as gonners for season '08 so far I reckon!

Still wanna make that bet kid? Dammit, I had to leave the house last night and didn't see your post till after the game.

Why do you continue to underate the mighty South Auckland Rabbitohs?

Kid-Dynamite_old

Still wanna make that bet kid? Dammit, I had to leave the house last night and didn't see your post till after the game.

Why do you continue to underate the mighty South Auckland Rabbitohs?

I mean they haven't exactly vs. superstar sides this year!

Warriors (they're becoming a superstar side though, they vsed us when we were out of form), Bulldogs, Cowboys, Titans

I mean they almost lost to the Bulldogs and Cowboys, two of the bottom sides!
They beat the Titans because if you saw the game, the Titans were savaged by injuries in the back end of the game and got run down, when it seemed the Titans were cruising (they lost Luke Bailey, Preston Campbell, Daniel Conn and one other I think) Not to mention Titnas were away from home!

And against us..................well they got lucky! Thatey played us during our "slump period" in the season, we are out of it now and if we have another game against them??? we'll thrash em! :D

Put them up against the Roosters, Storm, Manly! Then see if this mircale finals appearance is going to happen in '08. I don't think it will!

Above is why I under-rate your Rabbitohs (I did tip them last night though)! :D

But Yea, what's the bet? I'm still keen!!!!

2big2strong_old

Would you be calling us lucky if we won 4 in a row? They're just playing with determination, probably a few weeks too late, but at least it's there.

I bet you 27,000 credits that the Bunnies will beat the Doggies last night.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Would you be calling us lucky if we won 4 in a row? They're just playing with determination, probably a few weeks too late, but at least it's there.

I bet you 27,000 credits that the Bunnies will beat the Doggies last night.

They got the Eels this week.

How bout you put that 27,000 credits on them to win 5 in a row!? :smokin:

J_Hallow_old

those are the same words that were said about the warriors last year. we made the top 4.

nothing is ever certain

they have so much momentum they could it. if they do it though they will be cannon fodder for other teams

Joe 90_old

Yeah good game. Very entertaining. Still wondering how the hell the Bulldogs could blow a 24 - 6 lead, but that's league i suppose.

Still, some mind numbing plays going on out there. None moreso than Ben Roberts brain explosion to kick on the first, in prime field goal position,with scores all tied. Even his outsides looked like they didn't know what was going on. Concerning really, given he's probably the Kiwi's first choice halfback.

Like the look of young Taumata from Wainui. Showed a clean pair of heels to score that 60m effort. Scored a similar try last week in his debut match. Definitely another young Kiwi to watch.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Still, some mind numbing plays going on out there. None moreso than Ben Roberts brain explosion to kick on the first, in prime field goal position,with scores all tied. Even his outsides looked like they didn't know what was going on. Concerning really, given he's probably the Kiwi's first choice halfback.

Yea, Ben Roberts...what was he thinking.

They showed the front on replay and I dunno if the winger was calling for it (the kick) or not, but he looked over to his wing, must of seen or heard something that made him think kick! As soon as he kicked he knew though!!!

Dunno why they even went short side in the 1st place all they had to do was take a few tackles in the middle of the field...field goal...win!!!

Oh and that's why I count the Rabbitohs lucky 2b2s!

Skinny_Ravs82

I don't think they will, that loveable bubble burst is gonna burst at some point. (we went on that mini winning streak then got stopped by the Cows remember? By a stupid video ref decision). And we also lost both play off matches.

a.c.e_old

Eels, most over rated team this year wahaha! But yes a more 'stable' side then the ones the Rabbits have been playing. The Rabbits combo of Luke/Wing/Sandow is starting to look lethal, Rabbits always had the forwards, now they have the direction with the above pairing. Spirits are high in Souths.