General Buderus set to make Rhinos debut

leeds_warrior_old

Leeds hooker Danny Buderus could make his debut on Friday after being named in their squad to face Wakefield.

The 31-year-old has been recovering from a torn bicep that he suffered in August while playing for his former club, NRL side Newcastle Knights.

The former Australia international said: "All my thoughts have been about playing for Leeds Rhinos.

"I can't wait for Friday night and I am looking forward to playing in a new competition as well."

Buderus added: "I was lucky that the injury coincided with the off-season so the six months has not seemed too long.

"The coaching staff have been great with explaining what is expected from me.

"I have been doing a lot of listening in training and watching a lot of games. I am excited about the challenge."

Meanwhile, Leeds could bring back prop Ryan Bailey, who missed their opening win over Celtic Crusaders with a knee injury.

Centre Keith Senior is ruled out and Brent Webb and Rob Burrow are still sidelined through injury.

Wakefield, who began the season with a shock 12-6 win at Wigan, have added centre Ryan Atkins to their squad but are still without eight full-timers through injury and illness.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7881979.stm