General Brown to Hooker.

• Thread starter 2big2strong_old
  • Start date

Patu_old

Wow, that's a big call. Not one I entirely agree with, but I'll give him a chance.
Yeah I guess it is, but if you've seen Ben train or even talked to him one-on-one you'd understand why the club loves him. One of the hardest workers, athletically gifted, fit as a horse, has good ball skills, brilliant defender and generally just a nice kid.

I don't know whether all of us would agree with this, but one of Bluey's main philosophies is that a good person makes a good footy player. Family virtues, good character, moral responsbility etc. are all big on his list. I guess in the 'team sports' side of things it means that if you're not willing to work hard off the field for your friends, family and strangers, then you won't be willing to work hard for your teammates on it.

Ryan_old

I don't know whether all of us would agree with this, but one of Bluey's main philosophies is that a good person makes a good footy player. Family virtues, good character, moral responsbility etc. are all big on his list. I guess in the 'team sports' side of things it means that if you're not willing to work hard off the field for your friends, family and strangers, then you won't be willing to work hard for your teammates on it.
That's interesting, indeed. Would it be possible for you comment on what Cleary's main philosophies were/are? I can understand if that question may be too difficult to answer, as Ivan was quite clealry a person who played his cards close to his chest.

Patu_old

That's interesting, indeed. Would it be possible for you comment on what Cleary's main philosophies were/are? I can understand if that question may be too difficult to answer, as Ivan was quite clealry a person who played his cards close to his chest.
Probably not as 'family oriented' as Bluey is, and Bluey seems alot more philosophical as a person. I think Cleary also believed in having good characters at the club, which is how he managed to bring the Warriors thru such tumultous times and lead them to a grand final 6 years later. Bluey just seems to deliver that philosophy a little bit differently - very big on mantras, motivational speakers and so on.

Fazz_old

I like that philosophy. It's good that our club is keen to fill the team with not only talented juniors, but also players that are unlikely to get into trouble.

Benry is a player that reminds me a lot of Taylor, they both have similar aspects to their game, but both also sem to be really driven. It'll be interesting to see how Benry goes in the NRL.