General broncos trio ruled out of warriors clash

feijoa_old

Prop Nick Kenny, centre Michael DeVere and backrower Lagi Setu have been ruled out of Brisbane's squad to play the Warriors in Auckland on Saturday.

The trio failed fitness tests before the team left for New Zealand late on Thursday.

Broncos coach Ivan Henjak added Ashton Sims and young rookie forward Josh McGuire to his 17-man travelling squad.

McGuire who has been in outstanding form in the Queensland Cup will make his debut off the bench against the physical Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

nrl.com

ultimatefan_old

Crap that sucks was really looking forward to seeing De Vere against the Warriors!! Esp him against Tate. haha

Northern_Union

Ashton Simms is no slug. He's a good young forward, did some real good work for Fiji in the world cup.

Spence_old

I felt sorry for him after that game. I bet he would have got an earful and a half from the Brisbane fans...

a.c.e_old

damn DeVere didn't make the cut, that would have set the stage with him coming back for the Broncos and our beloved Jones.

insulinboi_old

A dent in their already crappy frontrow!! me thinks we are gunna see three in a row people!!

Lego_Man_old

LOL, from their perspective not the worst 3 players they could lose. Although on top of Hodges its a bit damaging.

I might tip us this week.

Spence_old

LOL, from their perspective not the worst 3 players they could lose. Although on top of Hodges its a bit damaging.

I might tip us this week.

Lol, that's like me saying I'm going to bet a $million on this game :lol1:

sebastian_old

They might have Lockyer & Israel but our fowards surely will get 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spence_old

And apparently De Vere and Setu have been ruled out too... I can't remember where I read it though.