General Bro v Uso 3rd annual Christchurch

I wish I was home for this, great way to follow up the WC defence..Maori v Islanders, great concept..Does Auckland have a game similar?
u20s kick it off at 1pm Hoonhay park, looked like a great game last year, some great local players particpating..
acdn.maifm.co.nz_mediaworks_AM_2012_11_1_5020_Picture1.png

Some highlights from last year courtesy of facebook

Haka's

Any chance of a team list???
I know a couple in here, been around for a while, great players and there is plenty of League stalwart family names in there, very good team
USO XIII Rugby League Senior Squad 2013

1. Longe Fa'alilo (Captain) - Aranui Eagles
2. Ben Ilalio - Halswell Hornets
3. Matt Sauni - Halswell Hornets
4. Will Tafua - Halswell Hornets
5. Uriah Esau - Aranui Eagles
6. Liam Saumalu -
7. Josh Ka - Aranui Eagles
8. Alex Timo - Aranui Eagles
9. Agaese Fiso (Captain) - Linwood Keas
10. Nafu Mann - Hornby Panthers
11. Alex Ioane - Linwood Keas
12. La'a Asi - Aranui Eagles
13. Dan Moevao - Celebration Lions
14. Suisui Aliva'a - Papanui Tigers
15. Peter Alaifea - Celebration Lions
16. Zion Tauamiti - Aranui Eagles
17. Phil Maireroa - Halswell Hornets
18. Siona Tuiloma - Linwood Keas
19. Iuma Mulitalo - Linwood Keas
20. Shorn Asi - Aranui Eagles
I can't find the Maori team but I believe it is pretty similar to the team that played in the National Maori tournament..
afbcdn_sphotos_g_a.akamaihd.net_hphotos_ak_frc3_1459967_746053015409971_918105035_n.jpg

Reactions: mt.wellington
Bro's
I know a couple in here, been around for a while, great players and there is plenty of League stalwart family names in there, very good team
USO XIII Rugby League Senior Squad 2013

1. Longe Fa'alilo (Captain) - Aranui Eagles
2. Ben Ilalio - Halswell Hornets
3. Matt Sauni - Halswell Hornets
4. Will Tafua - Halswell Hornets
5. Uriah Esau - Aranui Eagles
6. Liam Saumalu -
7. Josh Ka - Aranui Eagles
8. Alex Timo - Aranui Eagles
9. Agaese Fiso (Captain) - Linwood Keas
10. Nafu Mann - Hornby Panthers
11. Alex Ioane - Linwood Keas
12. La'a Asi - Aranui Eagles
13. Dan Moevao - Celebration Lions
14. Suisui Aliva'a - Papanui Tigers
15. Peter Alaifea - Celebration Lions
16. Zion Tauamiti - Aranui Eagles
17. Phil Maireroa - Halswell Hornets
18. Siona Tuiloma - Linwood Keas
19. Iuma Mulitalo - Linwood Keas
20. Shorn Asi - Aranui Eagles
I can't find the Maori team but I believe it is pretty similar to the team that played in the National Maori tournament..
View attachment 5020
Bro's won 32 -24 , bragging rights to them this year, one of good mates is behind the Bro's concept.

kiwi's 13-6

Mates 13 next year perhaps?... seriously what happend to all the white boy league players that used to come from chch in big numbers and make the kiwi's? mark broadhhurst, brent tood, wanye wallace, ross taylor, phil bancroft, brent stuart...last cantab white boys i heard of in NRL were glen turner ( ex storm, raiders and NZ A rep) and corey lowrie (had a couple games for the warriors about 5 years ago). relying on the maori and pacific island communities alone to suppourt rugby league in Christchurch not a good idea combined they are only 10% of Christchurch population and if half of that number prefers rugby union to rugby league that a tiny amount of people

Mates 13 next year perhaps?... seriously what happend to all the white boy league players that used to come from chch in big numbers and make the kiwi's? mark broadhhurst, brent tood, wanye wallace, ross taylor, phil bancroft, brent stuart...last cantab white boys i heard of in NRL were glen turner ( ex storm, raiders and NZ A rep) and corey lowrie (had a couple games for the warriors about 5 years ago). relying on the maori and pacific island communities alone to suppourt rugby league in Christchurch not a good idea combined they are only 10% of Christchurch population and if half of that number prefers rugby union to rugby league that a tiny amount of people
From what I heard Canterbury rugby league is a mess ATM, this has only come from local players but results speak for themselves in the national and secondary comp's this year.

Reactions: OMG