NRL Teams Brisbane Broncos

matiunz

matiunz

I’ve been in Aussie for a few weeks over Xmas and a few Broncos mates / fans are excited about Reece Welsh returning home . They said that as a Warriors fan I must be gutted ? I got a strange & surprised reaction when I said, “ no”.

Like me, you’ll know the reasons why .
Same here, a few mates are giving me shit that we “lost our best player” but go blank faced when I ask if they’ve ever seen his defence

Toookey

Toookey

I'm excited for 2023 and how our team is shaping up, but if Walsh signed a 5 year contract extension with us I think most supporters would have been stoked.
Defence is clearly an issue but within the next 2 years he'll likely get to a point where his defence is no better or worse than the majority of full backs out there. I would have liked to see how he went behind this pack and with our current coach.

I'll still be watching him with interest this year

mrblonde

mrblonde

Kevin Walters just needs to be interviewed in the same forum/website and return serve. "He's a good bloke but he's not a player."

See how Mr Cobbo likes that.

So many ways he could have worded that to get his point across: "He's different from any other coach I've had."

That can't be taken issue with in any way whatsoever but very subtly makes a point, if the interviewers and viewers know the background of the player being interviewed.

Or even simply "He's different." and then a million "y'know"s and "um"s and "yeah"s...

Guess Cobbo and Walters ain't cobbers.

Last edited:
mrblonde

mrblonde

I’ve been in Aussie for a few weeks over Xmas and a few Broncos mates / fans are excited about Reece Welsh returning home . They said that as a Warriors fan I must be gutted ? I got a strange & surprised reaction when I said, “ no”.

Like me, you’ll know the reasons why .
Alternatively, you could tell them that Broncos fans should watch and wait and eventually Reece will end up like cocaine and they will end up like Reece's nose. And we know how that ends.

Reactions: brightman
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Alternatively, you could tell them that Broncos fans should watch and wait and eventually Reece will end up like cocaine and they will end up like Reece's nose. And we know how that ends.
We were talking about that and nek minit … he made headlines after having a ‘set to’ with David Fifita at Burleigh Heads.

Warriorshopeful

News article saying Selwyn Cobbo also revealed he walked out during their flogging to the eels in round 24 last year at half time. He gonna be in some hot water at the club and with fans.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Tragic

Tragic

Contributor
He's either trying to get released or he's one of the dumbest footy players in a long list of dumb footy players.
Trying to get released was my first thought but now I think its both.

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Contributor
We have all said dumb things when we have a little bit too much liquid courage or when a meeting has been too long and your ability to stay professional has wavered.

That was just an especially dumb thing to say haha

Sup42

Sup42

Reece Walsh is definitely worth having if you have a strong team with a top club, and a strong coach.

Coz he is green.

He can learn to tackle.

But he was never gonna do that while playing for a foreign understrength desperate club like ours, under a coach who was weak enough to pander to his demands to play fb.

We have been there before with the fb from Wigan who like Reece, should have been told stfu you are playing halves for the Warriors because you can 't tackle and you are amaze balls at passing and running.

I think if the Broncos can sought their shit out, Walsh will be all that for them.

I think had he stayed here, that we would have continued to spoil him in every sense of the word.

So I am glad he has gone.

And I also think the Broncos should be excited he is there, because his potential for the Warriors was shithouse, his potential for the Broncos is VERY exciting.

Can you imagine what he could do in colours he loves?

Noitall

Noitall

Reece Walsh is definitely worth having if you have a strong team with a top club, and a strong coach.

Coz he is green.

He can learn to tackle.

But he was never gonna do that while playing for a foreign understrength desperate club like ours, under a coach who was weak enough to pander to his demands to play fb.

We have been there before with the fb from Wigan who like Reece, should have been told stfu you are playing halves for the Warriors because you can 't tackle and you are amaze balls at passing and running.

I think if the Broncos can sought their shit out, Walsh will be all that for them.

I think had he stayed here, that we would have continued to spoil him in every sense of the word.

So I am glad he has gone.

And I also think the Broncos should be excited he is there, because his potential for the Warriors was shithouse, his potential for the Broncos is VERY exciting.

Can you imagine what he could do in colours he loves?
Deference is he’s competing with massive threats there for his position at the broncos. Niu has conceded and left but Farnsworth wants fullback and Cobbo has stated too, he didn’t have such a caliber of player here. There were other options here, and I agree with you where he should have been five eighth which makes me wonder why the club were so hellbent on leaving him there. I have seen on the broncos forum before someone saying he was given to us to develop in first grade for a couple of years and was always going back, which perhaps could be why the Warriors made him go back to the broncos but with our record of development for backs in recent history I think it’s unlikely. Also if he served his contract with us, the timing of the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck coming back in 2024 would make sense but circumstances for Walsh changed mainly due to his own actions. At the moment he’s being pandered to, like he was here but with those threats, if he’s not producing then someone else will be given the opportunity. He walked out on them before remember because he wasn’t getting his way, he’d be right with Cobbo in starting a coup to have Walters replaced. I saw recently on a forum, so don’t know if it’s true but even about a month or so before the Fifita incident he was asked to leave a nightclub because a bouncer wouldn’t let him jump the queue when he asked if he knew who he was. Again I don’t know if that’s true but a character assessment would say there’s probably some truth. I’m personally glad he’s gone.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I've just started listening to the Selwyn Cobbo podcast on , 'Back of the 135'.

He was here for a couple of weeks with mates during the RLWC, seeing the great sights of Akld such as Henderson Square, playing touch and tag with kids, K Road, going to Palmy North ... his mate, George, is a great host / tour guide (LOL). Selwyn also likes the NZ pies.

I used to subscribe to this podcast regularly due to the West and PI content - its pretty relaxed - probably too relaxed, hence 'this guy' letting his guard down ... yet to come.

Clubs and managers have to warn players (particularly young, honest, innocent such as Selwyn) about the dangers of podcasts, where its too easy to let your guard down ... just like having a few beers talking to your mates.

I've just finished listening and I enjoyed his honest & innocent answers.

Last edited: