General brisbane broncos

jb1979_old

the broncos are 3rd at the moment 4 points clear of the warriors who are 4th the broncos can lose there next 3 games it is not impossible

newcastle (a)
souths (h)
manly(h)

next weeks game at wollongong for the warriors i think its there biggest test in the regular season of 2011 and most important the warriors have not beaten stgeorge since 2007 and have lost there last 5 meetings against stgeorge

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah let's just worry about staying 4th..

Agreed next weekend is our biggest test of the season to date. Melbourne and Brisbane away you could argue were tougher assignments, but I think given our recent sh!tness against the Fagons, esp at Wollongong - it's a massive test. They'll be as desperate as anything, and could be 7th by this time tomorrow.

aussie_warrior_old

We're the ones in the slump, we're only winning due to playing lesser teams and through individual brilliance. Very few of our tries are from good team work that included more than 1-2 people working together. If we don't click and/or the opposition nullify Locke or Johnson and we'll be in trouble.

casso_old

Good call!

We're the ones in the slump, we're only winning due to playing lesser teams and through individual brilliance. Very few of our tries are from good team work that included more than 1-2 people working together. If we don't click and/or the opposition nullify Locke or Johnson and we'll be in trouble.

I will agree with this.Dragons at the Gong will be a tough assignment,especially given their recent form slump.In saying that it could be a good gauge of where we need to improve for the finals.

Lego_Man_old

I agree with AW. At the moment it is all about individual magic - eg the Broncos game, and last night by the looks.

We need to put on a complete performance.

sebastian_old

But less dangerous than if they were playing well, right?

Absolutely.

Like we're supposed to pretend the Dragons are on fire and not in a slump because why exactly? Because they've lost 2 out of their last 11? Because they've lost their last 5 games. Like we've been in a slump after 6/7 wins. Like we're supposed to be in slump after such low performances against Souths who've just won their 4th game in a row. Because the Knights didn't have anything to play for? Because Penrith didn't try to send Petro out a winner. Hell, even our loss to the Broncos was by 1 point. Arguably could've been won by a Heremia penalty high shot. Maybe he should've stayed down like Luke, would've won us the game. We have played 7 good games in a row. Suddenly we're supposed to be afraid of the Dragons? Because their loss against a Cronk-less Melbourne was so impressive. Please! No one besides me noticed they only had one trick shot?

They'll be hard for two reasons. They'll have home support. They'll be desperate. We both bring our best, we are just the better team. Us for to continue their slump? Yes please!

Last edited by a moderator:

a.c.e_old

the two individual trys by Locke and Johnson in the Warriors victory over the Panthers were the highlight of the game but the other two trys were from team efforts. Locke and co rushing up and forcing Jennings near the try line, ball popped out and Matulino scored and the Johnson dab where Manu collected and scored. All so that near try if Manu hadnt stepped out was the ball going through team hands.

The 5 game slump that the Dragons are in only brings them closer to another win which makes them dangerous. Dragons havent looked the same since SoO and the Rabbits match started the roll and slump the Dragons currently find themselves in. Theres just too much class in this Dragons outfit to come out and say the boys will win.

Going into the game the Warriors are the more impressive. The coaching of Wayne is what has me in doubt, if Wayne werent the coach of the Dragons Id be more at ease. The other doubt is the refs. The Warriors have lost past games to the Dragons on the back of very bad ref decisions, like the Manly games, Warriors get the short end then some real crap calls and phantom trys. Why else havent we won against the Dragons, the boys even if they get up for this game will get ripped off by the refs.

Mini beast worries me more then the beast. Wayne would have seen what we've been seeing the last weeks and thats mini beast is found wanting in the air and attacks down his flank.

Lego_Man_old

I think the Dragons game will be all about our big men up front. We need to keep it tight, hit them hard and all day - crushing their spirit and their will to fight. Get them playing from behind and playing desperate so that their vaunted structure falls apart.

Ta'ai would have been perfect for this game. They are vulnerable to big rampaging coconuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

jb1979_old

i think we would be even a greater chance winning if the dragons had won last week there 7th at the moment and i do not think they want to slip away even more unfortunantely we have to play them when there hand has just reached the panic button

aussie_warrior_old

I don't know, in general the Dragons choke more than the All Blacks in the semi final of a RWC. On one hand you can say that they're due for a win and have lots to play for, but on the other hand they have a CRAP LOAD of pressure on them. Some people thrive on this while others crumble,... I'm not convinced that they won't just fall away further than they have already.

Northern_Union

The Dragons wn last seasons NRL. While the all blacks have never won a full rwc. South Africa wasn't at the 87 event.