General Brian Smith & Roosters Part Ways

Danpatmac

I think he's a smart guy, and he can probably see the writing on the wall at the Storm concerning the age of his super stars and their realistic time left in the game...he may insist on seeing out his contract next season, and if we are willing to tread water for next season we should be top of the list...well we would be if he's as smart as i think he is.

Bellamy would want to make sure he goes to a club with outstanding talent and potential, that he could mold into another dominating force like the Storm, and i think the Warriors tick all those boxes......he's also used to coaching and living in Mexico according to the Sydney press, NZ is no different.

Yes we have to hire somebody if we dont secure Bellamy, but whoever we get, they will be second choice and we will be settling. I would just prefer we settle for a coach that has at least won the damn competition sometime in the last 20 odd years.

I see your point but I also think you are making some assumptions on Bellamy's part.

I think it's just as likely he won't want to come here, no matter what we offer... and if he is simply not interested then there ain't much we can do.

You can only sign whoever is available, it's not settling, it's just a fact.

Maybe but nowhere near the joke that is the Eels over the last few years.
I dunno. I felt sorry for Burt and Hindmarsh and I'm sure alot of others did too. I think a preimership contender at the start of the year turning into a wooden spoon contender at the end of the year is worse than just being crap in general. At least, from an outsiders perspective anyway imo.

I dont think Brian smith will be appointed by warriors, I give scurrah abut more credit for that. I think it could be a coach not currently coach in Nrl. I.e michael hagan or tony smith or dare I say it steve Kearney. Understand mick potter is likely to get a contract to coach Bradford bulls

Have to have a bit of sympathy for Brian Smith for he has always come up against his coaching nemesis in grand finals, Wayne Bennett.

As we all know from history Smith coached The Dragons in two straight grand final defeats in 1992 and 1993 at the hands of Bennett's Broncos. Can still hear the after match celebrations of Alfie Langer and his croaky little blocked nose voice to this very day, chanting "Saint George can't play, Saint George can't play" haha..good days, good footy!

2001 was surreal as Smith's Eels played great footy all season to make the grand final against The Knights only to fall at the last hurdle once again succumbing to a masterful display in the final by Andrew Johns.

In 2010 his Smith's coaching nemesis bit him again when Bennett's Dragons defeated Smith's Roosters.

My point is Brian Smith is a good coach he does have the ability to get teams playing well to reach grand finals it's just that he's always choked on the big occasion. Is he up to the task of rebuilding The Warriors into a feared force is Brian Smith the answer we've been searching for? He could well be our next coach.

I have alot of respect for Tim Sheens too just quietly.

Reactions: koolkat
Have to have a bit of sympathy for Brian Smith for he has always come up against his coaching nemesis in grand finals, Wayne Bennett.

As we all know from history Smith coached The Dragons in two straight grand final defeats in 1992 and 1993 at the hands of Bennett's Broncos. Can still hear the after match celebrations of Alfie Langer and his croaky little blocked nose voice to this very day, chanting "Saint George can't play, Saint George can't play" haha..good days, good footy!

2001 was surreal as Smith's Eels played great footy all season to make the grand final against The Knights only to fall at the last hurdle once again succumbing to a masterful display in the final by Andrew Johns.

In 2010 his Smith's coaching nemesis bit him again when Bennett's Dragons defeated Smith's Roosters.

My point is Brian Smith is a good coach he does have the ability to get teams playing well to reach grand finals it's just that he's always choked on the big occasion. Is he up to the task of rebuilding The Warriors into a feared force is Brian Smith the answer we've been searching for? He could well be our next coach.

I have alot of respect for Tim Sheens too just quietly.
Alfie lost some respect when he came out With that chant.No no tell a lie he lost that when he was filmed dancing on top of a table in his jocks lol

Reactions: mode81