Player Bodene Thompson

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

I rate Bo. Like him as a player but his attitude and what he brings to the teams culture is exactly whats wrong with this club. I got nothing against players banging hoes or engaging in consensual group sex but sneaking her into the hotel against team protocol and being part of the prescription pill saga shows he's not living up to the standards we should more than expect from our senior players. Fuck him off before he teaches the younguns more bad habits...
Amen brother....

ttkk19

ttkk19

I wouldn't mind if the club gave him a cheap 1 year contract... would be a good chance for him to redeem himself and show he's not the same guy who made those mistakes a few years back. Think of how Rusty Package has turned himself around with a little time and self reflection.

Obviously you want to set a really high standard of professionalism but at the same time you have to be realistic. You can only work with what's out there and in this day and age, with the players available to us and especially in this sport there are always going to be off-field dramas and disciplinary issues.

Even the mighty All Blacks and Melbourne Storm have had trouble with off-field player behavior. I'm not saying to forgive and forget as actions like these do have consequences, but I don't think we should be so quick to discard someone who has and could continue to do really good things for us.

Reactions: 1 user
Generally Little

Generally Little

If Bodene really wants to stay in NZ, then maybe a a 2nd tier contract demotion with strict behavior and performance bonuses would be a solution. If he is toxic, cut him loose. But if he works hard and turns his shit around, we get to keep a decent player.

If he needs to live in NZ for his other child, then his private situation might be enough to motivate a personal culture change.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
If Bodene really wants to stay in NZ, then maybe a a 2nd tier contract demotion with strict behavior and performance bonuses would be a solution. If he is toxic, cut him loose. But if he works hard and turns his shit around, we get to keep a decent player.

If he needs to live in NZ for his other child, then his private situation might be enough to motivate a personal culture change.
They made hims an offer, he didn't take it. His mistake not the club's.

Reactions: 1 user
Tokyo Warrior

Tokyo Warrior

He is always one of the players being dicks in the background when debutants are being presented their jerseys. I hate hate hate that. Let him go play for the Tigers or someone.

Reactions: 3 users