Player Blake Green

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
From the Daily Telegraph

Canterbury have signed Blake Green to a one-year deal and will honour the contract despite the veteran rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament for Newcastle last Sunday.

Green is Trent Barrett’s first signing in a homecoming of some sorts for the 33-year-old, who played 18 games for the Bulldogs in 2010.

The Bulldogs moved on Green prior to his injury when it became apparent Kieran Foran would no longer be at the club at season’s end.
they are nuts
I have always had mad respect for the guy, but thats a gamble that is just insane

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting the dogs press release says they signed him ‘weeks’ before the injury. Sounds like he didn’t need to leave us to try and get a new contract..

Reactions: 5 users
Interesting the dogs press release says they signed him ‘weeks’ before the injury. Sounds like he didn’t need to leave us to try and get a new contract..

He doesn’t mind playing the cat when it comes to getting his way.

I found it interesting though that Barrett would choose to bring him to the Dogs after he was forced to release him for dropping his lip and kicking stones at Manly.

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe that's what Payten was a bit pi**ed about.
Green's been around for a while, knows O'Brien, knows Barrett, has coaching ambitions...no need to be the self-sacrificing nice guy for a club where the outcome is a done deal.
Wouldn't be my way but then we are only privy to what comes out publicly

Reactions: 1 user
True, this is probably why the club wasn't happy with how he left. If he had signed/had the Dogs contract on his table before leaving us, why would he jump ship to play for the Knights? Makes no difference to him other than potentially playing a finals match or 2. He has a record of ditching teams, I don't know how you could do that TBH. Surely he has mates in the side.

The only thing that sticks out to me is Robo saying to the media he wasn't going to be re signed. That obviously upset him, but as we found out later, that discussion had been had with him several days prior. It took away some ability for that snake Moses to up his price tag.

I think it's obvious to say it was a good move for the Warriors benefit in the end.

Reactions: 5 users
I think it's obvious to say it was a good move for the Warriors benefit in the end.

Agreed. I couldn't help but think that his ACL may have gone if he had stayed with us. I am not happy he is injured but I am happy it is no longer our problem and I hope the back room team are using his freed money to good effect.

Will always be grateful for his contribution to our 5 game winning streak including that massive win over the Roosters. Such a ride that was.

Shame the injuries started to niggle away after that.

Reactions: 9 users
He didn't actually kick many 40/20s either, but when he did it was often against the Warriors.
Probably one of the reasons we signed him. Hey he kicks a lot of 40/20's and we need that.

Kearney talks to him "Hey can you kick 40/20's"
Green "I can against your sides as the wingers go back too late"
Kearney "I'll be back, I need to talk to my wingers".

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Blake Green talking about his time at the Warriors on the Bloke in a Bar podcast.
Starts at 1:16:40 if the auto-play doesn't kick in.

Reactions: 7 users
Blake Green talking about his time at the Warriors on the Bloke in a Bar podcast.
Starts at 1:16:40 if the auto-play doesn't kick in.

Interesting and almost worrying hearing about the players that don’t even like footy. Playing for the family is great and all, but what happens when things aren’t rosy with the family? Surely it has an effect on performance and team culture.

We need players who want to play footy for the jersey, out and out Rugby league players.

Reactions: 9 users
Interesting and almost worrying hearing about the players that don’t even like footy. Playing for the family is great and all, but what happens when things aren’t rosy with the family? Surely it has an effect on performance and team culture.

We need players who want to play footy for the jersey, out and out Rugby league players.
What happens when you don’t even like footy and you manage to secure a long term deal?

Reactions: 8 users

Nice pick up
Greeny holding back and just being polite
I respect the weight carried to provide for the family and you would do anything to provide

But as far as the club goes as an organisation these type of questions need to be asked and scrutinised. A love, an understanding or at the very least a commitment to learn the game must be a KPI for development.

Reactions: 2 users

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
Do you really think that any Warrior that got to NRL level was playing the game because they hated it?

Why train hard if you hate it?