I always said toopoo looked better suited to centre- not quite fast enough for wing but quicker than most centers- strong runner with good footwork but looks like a total gumby trying to field kicks- I was always waiting for the Benny hill music

Reactions: Xfactor and snake77

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
when they play next week hes on the same wing as Manu isn't he? That could be very entertaining - the beast vs the mini beast. I tried to watch the game but I just cant bring myself to watch a canbera team unless were playing them

Bill isn't the mini beast.. Although actually when you think about it, he is pretty much what Manu would be if he weighed 20kg less.. And suddenly I understand.

That 1 point in Dreamteam he got could have prooved the difference for a Bill Tupou fan!

Reactions: Beefcake
when they play next week hes on the same wing as Manu isn't he? That could be very entertaining - the beast vs the mini beast. I tried to watch the game but I just cant bring myself to watch a canbera team unless were playing them
I'd rather Manu was facing someone he didn't respect.

sounds like tupou had a good game.

good on him, maybe centre is his position. did the warriors ever give him a run there? i remember posters posting he went ok there in the vulcans a few times
Yeah we never gave him a game at center.

Shame he debuted against Manly , playing the Eels he might have bagged a Try ( Matai held him up ) some nice passes and Tackles from Bill.

I think he did something like that Run against the Panthers , went psycho and beat seven tacklers.

This time he just busted their line and went from his own ten meter to about half way and passed to get them big meters , If we think back Bill did that a lot for the Warriors ( big runs ) just horribly exposed on the wing.

With the right coach perhaps he could be a hell of a center / one of the real danger running men.

Well done Billy. Nice to see some success after the torrid time he had here. I seem to recall he did play centre a couple of times but his defence was the same as on the wing. Could have been U20 though

Reactions: Worried2Death

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
TBF he was just disgraceful at defence while here. He got hooked during the 2013 preseason trial against the Panthers when Tyrone Peachey took him to school repeatedly. He never did recover after that and was dropped to NSW Cup by Matt Elliott. After his performance that day it was the only option. Elliott favoured players like Glen Fisiahii and Ngani Laumape over him though I do remember Tupou playing on Manu Vatuvei's wing when the big guy was injured.

Happy to see him go well these days but lets be honest, its only Super League. Even Konrad Hurrell is going to be a star over there...