General Benji Marshall

2big2strong_old

he was almost non-existent. had a couple good runs but wasn't there for most of the game. I don't think he should play in the test either, i think they'll be better going for someone who's playing first grade consistently, like Roberts with Leuluai at halfback.

Kid-Dynamite_old

he was almost non-existent. had a couple good runs but wasn't there for most of the game. I don't think he should play in the test either, i think they'll be better going for someone who's playing first grade consistently, like Roberts with Leuluai at halfback.

Yea, sounds like he's not a 100%. So you might be right. Benny Roberts in the 6

Joe 90_old

Good thing was, defensively, he handled everything the Sharks threw at him (and they we're directing just about every 2nd carry his way).

He'll be better with another run under his belt. Roberts and Marshall Kiwi halves for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

a.c.e_old

Did he get through his return match against the Sharks all good?
Didn't see the game.

Benji made it through the match ok, didnt really have that much of a play 'get ball, pass it on' I hope he doesn't get called up for the test, hes no where near ready and just needs to get games behind him.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Benji made it through the match ok, didnt really have that much of a play 'get ball, pass it on' I hope he doesn't get called up for the test, hes no where near ready and just needs to get games behind him.

Well he's only got this week to prove himself. Here's hoping, but by the sound of it, he's not ready and i'd rather not see him rushed him and get injured again, but we'll see what happens this week!

a.c.e_old

Well he's only got this week to prove himself.

He shouldn't even be thinking about test, but in saying that, if Kerney calls him out, Benji will suit up. I'm hopping they dont select him, the guy is still young and has alot of footy ahead of him, no need to blow it all on one test.

Jesbass_old

Fantastic! Absolutely stoked for the Whangarei boy!

I was part of the voting process over at LU - did anyone else contribute towards the Golden Boot vote?

one-eyed-warrior_old

Whangarei??? hes not from whangarei, I should know cause I am. Think hes from whakatane.

Jr Warlord_old

great for the young fella. how many kiwis have won this award before? stacey jones?

one-eyed-warrior_old

Hugh macgahan, but i think he was a joint winner with an aussie if memory serves me right

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

Don't hold it against him, he's a journalist, they always get facts wrong. ;)

Haha...no, I'm a wannabe hack, so I'm still practicing the erroneous fact machine.

Next I'll be talking about 100,000 league crowds not being uncommon, and then I'll count by hand the 4 billion people who are dying to watch the RUWC! :lol1:

Jesbass_old

Two 2010 Warriors, one former Warrior, and six Kiwis make up the team of the year. Fullback aside, the entire backline is Kiwi! (But not a single forward...?)

13 players consisting of 6 Kiwis, 6 Australians, and 1 Englishman. That's much more balanced than it typically is.

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne)
2. Jason Nightingale (St George)
3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Sydney Roosters)
4. Brent Tate (NZ Warriors)
5. Manu Vatuvei (NZ Warriors)
6. Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers)
7. Nathan Fien (St George)
8. James Graham (St Helens)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
10. David Shillington (Canterbury)
11. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane)
12. Sam Burgess (South Sydney)
13. Paul Gallen (Cronulla)

one-eyed-warrior_old

brent "sideline" tate, had a good year but come on, team of the year???