General Auckland Waterfront Stadium

I’m very much removed from NZ news, however I saw the government will withdraw $99m if the America’s Cup defence is not in NZ.
Can that money be funneled into any stadium upgrades/new stadiums in NZ

Reactions: bruce
I’m very much removed from NZ news, however I saw the government will withdraw $99m if the America’s Cup defence is not in NZ.
Can that money be funneled into any stadium upgrades/new stadiums in NZ
That would even pay for a cycle lane around the stadium…

Realistically the government is running at a huge deficit and borrowing $100b over the next 4 years, so anything spent is borrowed money. Better to not borrow it rather than borrow it for something else at the moment.

bruce

Contributor
That would even pay for a cycle lane around the stadium…

Realistically the government is running at a huge deficit and borrowing $100b over the next 4 years, so anything spent is borrowed money. Better to not borrow it rather than borrow it for something else at the moment.
Grant Dalton has just taken delivery of a multi millon super yacht. Sounds like his salary from team NZ is pretty good. Some economists argue the benefits from sporting events don't stack up. Close the door on the way out Grant

Grant Dalton has just taken delivery of a multi millon super yacht. Sounds like his salary from team NZ is pretty good. Some economists argue the benefits from sporting events don't stack up. Close the door on the way out Grant
Yeah mate. For to long these guys have been treating us taxpayers with contempt. Self indulging pricks. Holding nz to ransom. Threatening to take the cup overseas. Well take it overseas.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
the whole point of the tax payer putting money in is to publicize how great NZ is. Well i think the corona virus did a better job of that so probably dont need the Americas Cup anymore.

Reactions: bruce and john nick
Eden Park has been ranked as the best stadium in the world…. For live concerts. The fact that the COVID pandemic means it’s also one of the only venues in the world that has had a concert for 50,000 people this year is the main reason why.

Eden Park has been ranked as the best stadium in the world…. For live concerts. The fact that the COVID pandemic means it’s also one of the only venues in the world that has had a concert for 50,000 people this year is the main reason why.
AC and the Labour government will add that to the World's Most Liveable Shithole City and claim the glory no doubt..

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and Miket12

Queensland Country Bank Stadium costs​

Obviously the land costs would be a lot higher in Auckland than Townsville.

The NRL invested $10 million in the stadium. Below is a breakdown of the funding for Country West Bank Stadium.

While the population of Auckland is 1.7 million compared to Townsville population 190,000.

Queensland Country Bank Stadium​

Capacity25 000

Initially to build was $250-million and blew out to $318-million. The project was the first to be delivered under the federal government’s City Deals scheme. It was jointly funded by the Queensland Government ($193 million), Australian Government ($100 million) and Townsville City Council (land and enabling infrastructure) and was supported by the National Rugby League ($10 million) with the North Queensland Cowboys supporting as well.

You know he has a couple of racing cars that he sends back and forth between here and Aussie? Wonder if the NZ Taxpayer has been helping fund Mr Dalton's "passion"...

• Wow