General Auckland Waterfront Stadium

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
The irony of Bruce simultaneously condemning Eden Park yet still pining for Carlaw Park is amazing.
An entirely different argument. Carlaw Park would have turned a dollar, especially for concerts.

Reaction score
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
This seems the best place for my rant.

I had not been to Eden Park since the RWC in 2011. Even then it was a yawn but tonight was the pits. They call the place the National Stadium :wtf: :wtf: ...is that meant to be a joke?

For a start, when the sun is out more than half the fans cannot see or read a scoreboard.
When the sun goes down the said scoreboard is so small you need binoculars to see it.

The food and drink if anything is worse than MSS, and that takes some effort.

The stands are so far from the action you cannot really see what is going on. I got a better view standing up the back watching TV screens...hint...may as well stay at home.

Oh, and the public transport:wtf::wtf:...Bruce checks his timetables for getting home and finds all the buses and trains are so late the timetable is useless and ends up having to walk a mile to get home...well done you wankers...memo to self...may as well stay at home

but wait ladies and jellybeans...there is more

The sun goes down, the lights come on...but the ground is in the shade...then Bruce remembers that all the nimbies around the ground have restricted the amount of light they can use. Bruce remembers one council farkwit saying nobody would notice...well I did actually...you dork.

The ground was the work of Aunty Helen. Now when it comes to pecking order, Auntie Helens mother in law was actually the brains behind MSS, originally that is. Her mother in law was known as a bit of a hit foul mouthed dipstick, but she made a better job of her place than her daughter in law.

Now, I was very harsh on the amount of bullshit God Doyle spouted at times, but even he could see the folly of pursuing with this dump of a ground. He quite rightly identified it as valuable housing land that should be sold and the money be used to make a decent ground somewhere else. Now Doyle is no Einstein but he is right.

However, ladies and jellybeans, our new CEO, who not only has a hot phone to agents somewhere, and managed to piss off one of our star players and resign our dud coach for another term, actually wants to take the club to Eden Park...again.

This I think is serious stuff. Tahjay, good on him, has written a letter to the wanker. I am going to do something similar. This is serious incompetence.

Rant over

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
This seems the best place for my rant.

I had not been to Eden Park since the RWC in 2011. Even then it was a yawn but tonight was the pits. They call the place the National Stadium :wtf: :wtf: ...is that meant to be a joke?

For a start, when the sun is out more than half the fans cannot see or read a scoreboard.
When the sun goes down the said scoreboard is so small you need binoculars to see it.

The food and drink if anything is worse than MSS, and that takes some effort.

The stands are so far from the action you cannot really see what is going on. I got a better view standing up the back watching TV screens...hint...may as well stay at home.

Oh, and the public transport:wtf::wtf:...Bruce checks his timetables for getting home and finds all the buses and trains are so late the timetable is useless and ends up having to walk a mile to get home...well done you wankers...memo to self...may as well stay at home

but wait ladies and jellybeans...there is more

The sun goes down, the lights come on...but the ground is in the shade...then Bruce remembers that all the nimbies around the ground have restricted the amount of light they can use. Bruce remembers one council farkwit saying nobody would notice...well I did actually...you dork.

The ground was the work of Aunty Helen. Now when it comes to pecking order, Auntie Helens mother in law was actually the brains behind MSS, originally that is. Her mother in law was known as a bit of a hit foul mouthed dipstick, but she made a better job of her place than her daughter in law.

Now, I was very harsh on the amount of bullshit God Doyle spouted at times, but even he could see the folly of pursuing with this dump of a ground. He quite rightly identified it as valuable housing land that should be sold and the money be used to make a decent ground somewhere else. Now Doyle is no Einstein but he is right.

However, ladies and jellybeans, our new CEO, who not only has a hot phone to agents somewhere, and managed to piss off one of our star players and resign our dud coach for another term, actually wants to take the club to Eden Park...again.

This I think is serious stuff. Tahjay, good on him, has written a letter to the wanker. I am going to do something similar. This is serious incompetence.

Rant over
Is there anything you enjoy Bruce? :p

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anything you enjoy Bruce? :p
Mate in all seriousness, if our club is forced to Eden Park it is farked. Fans won't go, why should they, may as well stay at home and watch it on TV. So what a stupid question.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Mate in all seriousness, if our club is forced to Eden Park it is farked. Fans won't go, why should they, may as well stay at home and watch it on TV. So what a stupid question.
yeah I wish Aunty Helen went for the Waterfront option in 2011 when we had the opportunity, it’s gonna be a hard sell to get it going now.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I wish Aunty Helen went for the Waterfront option in 2011 when we had the opportunity, it’s gonna be a hard sell to get it going now.
Pretty sure it was Auckland Councils fault they didn't do the waterfront option at the time. The Govt was willing to put funds in for either option.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was Auckland Councils fault they didn't do the waterfront option at the time. The Govt was willing to put funds in for either option.
The waterfront option was a wank...they couldn't even cost it...so they wasted money on Eden Park instead.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Surprised you asked that question Matiunz.
Carlaw Park, I quite liked the place myself
There are a lot of people that liked Carlaw Park. When the FBI catch up with Eric Watson that will be Heyzeuss sorting him out for what he did.

Reaction score
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The problem was they thought of it too late. Some people in council were already hooked on Eden Park because of the rahrahs. To look at a new waterfront stadium at that point was too much work in too shorter time.

Reaction score
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
There are a lot of people that liked Carlaw Park. When the FBI catch up with Eric Watson that will be Heyzeuss sorting him out for what he did.
Outside you and the RSA I can't think of anyone..

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The problem was they thought of it too late. Some people in council were already hooked on Eden Park because of the rahrahs. To look at a new waterfront stadium at that point was too much work in too shorter time.
This is it in a nutshell. We had a year of designs for Eden Park getting even more elaborate and more expensive. It got to the point where there was close to a full rebuild with a roof. As the options got more expensive the waterfront option came up. That lead to a long debate on the option. There was supposed to be enough time although I was sceptical as these projects usually run over and when I've heard of stadiums being built it usually takes long than a year.

If we went ahead of it we probably wouldn't of been ready in time for the 2011 World Cup as it needed to be in use before the event.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
An entirely different argument. Carlaw Park would have turned a dollar, especially for concerts.
For me not developing Carlaw Park is like if the Broncos had not redeveloped Lang Park into the best RL stadium in the world. Best footy stadium actually. I lived 1km from Lang Park and use to walk passed and want to go sit on the seats, so much history.

The same for Carlaw Park, it is the home of Rugby League in Auckland/NZ. Yes it would have cost mega bucks to buy parking space etc, where Suncrorp has a train station outside, typical Auck Council and lack of Infrastructure, but at least everybody would have had access to the Warriors, not just South Auck.

So a stadium HAS to be on public transport link and the only quality transport is ferries, so IMO a waterfront stadium makes perfect sense. Also given the buses at Britomart.

I think with that location and buying a team that makes the 8 9/10 years, it would turn over better crowds than any other NRL stadium weekly.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This is it in a nutshell. We had a year of designs for Eden Park getting even more elaborate and more expensive. It got to the point where there was close to a full rebuild with a roof. As the options got more expensive the waterfront option came up. That lead to a long debate on the option. There was supposed to be enough time although I was sceptical as these projects usually run over and when I've heard of stadiums being built it usually takes long than a year.

If we went ahead of it we probably wouldn't of been ready in time for the 2011 World Cup as it needed to be in use before the event.
Exactly

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Looks like the Port will move north. There's a stadium in the planning I'm sure. Quid pro quo.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Looks like the Port will move north. There's a stadium in the planning I'm sure. Quid pro quo.
You need to have a perfect conversation with the Ukraine PM if you wanta quid pro quo.

Just make sure no Crazy Democrats like Pelosi find out!

Still can't see a stadium being built. It'd be far too big for the Warriors, etc even if it was. I think the "new, wide living spaces" concept will probably win the day. Best solution - smarten up The Smart. Good size, pretty good location, virtually rectangular (obviously you can't kill off the northern end curve because of concerts, etc).

No need to thank me.

Top Bottom