General Auckland Vulcans Vs. Cronulla-sutherland Sharks.

Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
thing is fish hasn't been in the side half as long as locke so how is supposed to have the same combinations. fish already looks to show better support play than locke something we have lost with hohaia now out of the team . people can bag lance all they want but atleast he knew how to be a support runner.

That was what I assumed before Fisiiahi played NRL this year, but has he actually recieved an offload or gotten a line break supporting or anything this year? I'm sure he has, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

We may have lost a support runner in Lance, but we gained one in Jimmy.

The only reason Fish is there for the offload, is that he charges through on virtually every run. Odds are he will get one eventually, but odds are also good that he will tire himself out and either come up short on defence or stay down after a tackle, which he does do regularly. He doesn't really pick his moments, he just runs it repeatedly. I acknowledge he is a proficient try scorer, but that isn't what we need in our fullback. We need a strong defender who offers some other benefits. Thats Locke, not Fish.

Xt1ncT

Xt1ncT

Because every single try in the games Fish has played have been his fault....just like Locke never drops a bomb to let a try in or never bombs a simple try....

Oh wait

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Because every single try in the games Fish has played have been his fault....just like Locke never drops a bomb to let a try in or never bombs a simple try....

Oh wait
Never said all tries let in are Fish's fault. Also never said Locke's game is perfect. But it comes down to this, Locke is a far superior and more complete FB to Fish, and will always, when fit, be the preferred option.

Xt1ncT

Xt1ncT

Never said all tries let in are Fish's fault. Also never said Locke's game is perfect. But it comes down to this, Locke is a far superior and more complete FB to Fish, and will always, when fit, be the preferred option.
but he's not fit.

The next option other than Fish is a guy who breaks even easier than both Locke and Fish and then only against the kids in the NYC. And yet you want him in over Fish for some unknown reason.

People need to leave emotion at the door and look at the facts

-Fish was awesome at FB last year before he got injured
- Locke also awesome at FB wen give the chance
-Fish has made some errors
-Locke also makes plenty and is arguably worse under a bomb. Smaller, weaker and doesn't jump as well

So there are pluses and minuses to both and here's the point - Fish is without doubt the back up FB. As he should be. Now he needs to be given a decent run so that in future if there are injury problems he slips in without any issues.

Locke must have quite a bad injury to still be out, and right now I doubt he'll be ready for the Storm game.

It's time to get behind whoever plays and wish the very best for them. Sometimes here it seems people want players to fail - Manu, Fish etc

Me? I want them all to be superstars, and that's the point!

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

but he's not fit.

The next option other than Fish is a guy who breaks even easier than both Locke and Fish and then only against the kids in the NYC. And yet you want him in over Fish for some unknown reason.

People need to leave emotion at the door and look at the facts

-Fish was awesome at FB last year before he got injured
- Locke also awesome at FB wen give the chance
-Fish has made some errors
-Locke also makes plenty and is arguably worse under a bomb. Smaller, weaker and doesn't jump as well

So there are pluses and minuses to both and here's the point - Fish is without doubt the back up FB. As he should be. Now he needs to be given a decent run so that in future if there are injury problems he slips in without any issues.

Locke must have quite a bad injury to still be out, and right now I doubt he'll be ready for the Storm game.

It's time to get behind whoever plays and wish the very best for them. Sometimes here it seems people want players to fail - Manu, Fish etc

Me? I want them all to be superstars, and that's the point!

I'm not sure who is arguing Loce is worse under the bomb. Fish debutted with multiple bomb failures. Granted Locke's size should make Fish a bit more competitive under bombs, but to be honest, I don't actually recall seeing Fish contest strongly on a bomb. Locke gets surprising height for a little guy. I am more comfortable with him on the bombs, even though he has put a few easier ones down.

The reason I would rather have Omar is that he is a more versatile player (was a winger before taking over at FB) so can play first grade while waiting for his chances at FB, and is much more focused on defence than Fish, while still scoring as proficiently (actually Omar scores more often than Fish did - Fish 20 tries in 28 Toyota Cup games(less than a try a game), Omar 42 tries from 40 games(still scoring just over a try a game)). Granted he has taken some knocks, but generally when Omar goes down, he stays down and is ruled out through the injury, where Fish has a habit of staying down for two or three tackles before getting back into the job at hand. I don't like seeing that regularly from players.

Its not that I want to see Fish fail, its just that I have never been convinced of Fish's ability being up to first grade, where I was certain Locke would be a star, and also believe Omar will be as big a star (hopefully for the Warriors).

krs_64

krs_64

Fish was awesome at FB last year before he got injured

Yup, he was fantastic on attack, but very rarely tested on D, if at all. From memory they targeted Inu for the majority of the kicks not to mention the Sharks were a bit off. Very easy to be mislead after some attacking brilliance.

Locke also awesome at FB wen give the chance
Yup, right from the gecko he has looked sharp.

Fish has made some errors

Yup not to mention his position is still off and lacks urgency at the back although the Tigers game was an improvement in terms of urgency.

Locke also makes plenty and is arguably worse under a bomb. Smaller, weaker and doesn't jump as well

Please you make out as if Locke drops bombs week in week out, he's really only had 1 real shocker of a game (against Manly) and doesn't jump well ? Ha, your taking the piss now . Yes Locke has dropped a few here and there, but so has Fish as has all other fullbacks across the board. No one is perfect, everyone has their days, even the best of them.

Think you need to take your own advice dude, misreading posts, and snapping lol.

facefacts

The difference is- Locke tries his guts out on every defensive play, Fish either wont or cant.

Locke also has a far more rounded game, and in my opinion, is just more talented.