14 Wayne McDade
15 Antonio Tusani
16 Ralph Ah Van
17 Sione Taka
18 Dion Briggs
19 Harry Aonga

Two to be ommitted.

This game is to be played at 12.45pm Saturday 15 March at Henham Park, Otahuhu

It's a bloody good team on paper. Does anyone know why they're playing this at Henham and not Mt Smart 2. I don't dislike Henham at all but parking would have to be better at Mt Smart and for getting paying customers etc. Anyone know the cost at Otahuhu on Saturday?

Viking_old

From the Warriors site

AUCKLAND VULCANS PIPPED IN NEW SOUTH WALES CUP OPENER

Two second half tries enabled Central Coast to hold off the Auckland Vulcans for a 22-20 win in their season-opening New South Wales Cup match at Henham Park in Auckland today (Saturday).
The Coast - the Melbourne Storm's reserve grade outlet - recovered from a 10-14 halftime deficit to take a 22-14 lead.
But the home side had a chance of snatching victory, standoff Aaron Heremaia scoring a try and converting it himself to leave the Vulcans just two points adrift with just under five minutes to play. The try was brilliantly worked from an attacking scrum when the Vulcans kicked on the first tackle but they couldn't snatch a late winner.
Included in the Central line-up were former Kangaroo prop Antonio Kaufusi and centre Ben MacDougall from Melbourne's NRL squad. Also lining up in the second row was former Newcastle forward Reegan Tanner, ex-Cronulla and Brisbane front rower Clifford Manua and former Manly halfback Alex Moore.
The Vulcans began the match strongly with right winger Michael Crockett racing onto a well-placed Ian Henderson grubber for the opening try.
And Ryan Shortland gave left winger Malo Solomona an opportunity in the 20th minute which he finished off impressively, managing to get the ball down despite the attention of two Central Coast defenders.
Right on halftime Shortland scored his side's third try after the Vulcans shifted the ball well to the left, creating a huge overlap.
The Vulcans ultimately suffered after turning down the chance to kick two penalties from right in front of the posts early in the second half.
Match details:

At Henham Park, Otahuhu:
Auckland Vulcans 20 (Michael Crockett, Malo Solomona, Ryan Shortland, Aaron Heremaia tries; Aaron Heremaia 2 conversions).
Central Coast 22 (Ryan Gregory, Nick Briggs, Clifford Manua, Troy Woodley tries; Alex Moore 3 conversions).
Halftime: 14-10 Vulcans.

Jesbass_old

Heremaia and Henderson were the stand outs, apparently. Did anyone see the match?

Viking_old

Nah, I wanted to go but the boy was meant to have another hit out for the Bay Prems against Pakuranga at the same time. Turns out Pakuranga couldn't scrape up a team from their premiers and premier 1sts combined which is bad news for them for this year.

Would you go if it was at Mt Smart no 2 JB? The game times are all wrong for me cos the Vulcans home games and local senior club games are on at the same time. Apparently the local Vulcans games have to be played at 12 so NSW teams can make a flight before 5pm, something to do with arriving back in Sydney Airport before a certain time for security reasons I think.

Jesbass_old

Nah, I wanted to go but the boy was meant to have another hit out for the Bay Prems against Pakuranga at the same time. Turns out Pakuranga couldn't scrape up a team from their premiers and premier 1sts combined which is bad news for them for this year.

Would you go if it was at Mt Smart no 2 JB? The game times are all wrong for me cos the Vulcans home games and local senior club games are on at the same time. Apparently the local Vulcans games have to be played at 12 so NSW teams can make a flight before 5pm, something to do with arriving back in Sydney Airport before a certain time for security reasons I think.

If I didn't already have other plans, and home Vulcans games were scheduled directly before home NYC matches, which were then scheduled directly before home Warriors matches, I'd give it some very serious thought.

As it stands, though, I probably wouldn't go to a Vulcans match on its own merit.