General Auckland Vulcans v Windsor Wolves

Spence_old

I don't know anything about him, but yes - it's my understanding Waetford is an outside back. He certainly played like it last weekend (not saying it was a bad thing).

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Vulcans behind 10-0 half time.

Wolves scored an unusual try. Difficult to hear exactly what happened. The commentators stopped calling to discuss how to pronounce the Vulcans Fullback's name.

One said it was "Fish-ia-hairy"
The other said it was "Fishy-hi"

These guys don't use a lot of names in their commentary, and I can see why.

d13_old

Very dissapointing results from The Vulcans so far,I know it's only 2 rounds into the season but if this is the next tier of players we have to choose from for The Warriors as NRL replacements if it came down to it you'd struggle to choose any players with confidence, they'd better get their act together fairly quickly

Beeteejay_old

The Vulcans were always going to struggle to match last years efforts after the Warriors culled so much of their experienced depth in the off season.

New coach, new players. Rebuilding year.

slaughterhouse.sa_old

Very dissapointing results from The Vulcans so far,I know it's only 2 rounds into the season but if this is the next tier of players we have to choose from for The Warriors as NRL replacements if it came down to it you'd struggle to choose any players with confidence, they'd better get their act together fairly quickly

be quiet did you actually go out and watch the first game.
From reports they went alright against a quality knights side and bar some terrible calls form the reff they would of won.

I have watched them through the trials and some of the vulcans contracted players on 3,000 contracts are better than some of the warriors playeers on 50,000+ contracts.

They were thrown off by the number of late changes.

The biggest issue they have imo is a lack of a halves.
Both Waetford and James Blackwell are two of the premier local players but both a fullbacks.
They are trying to manufacture a halfback.

Willie Heta is MIA - probably headed across the ditch.
But Willie Stowers carved up last year for Papakura & Counties Manukau.
He should hav emade the residents or NZ maori side.
He carved up in the Open Trials and pre season trial matches.
He will be drafted in.

Jesbass_old

1 Glen Fisiiahi
2 Ivan Penehe
3 Rusty Bristow
4 Ruben Williams
5 Dylan Collier
6 Steve Waetford
7 Pita Godinet
8 Herman Retzlaff
9 Darin Kingi
21 Tulson caird
11 Agnatius Paasi
12 Sam Lousi
13 Sebastine Ikahihifo

14 Alehana Mara
15 Nuivao Taka
16 Daniel Palavi
17 Tavita Latu
18 Murray Iti

COACH Ricky Henry

Source

I just saw this. When did Sherman sneak back into the country?

d13_old

The Vulcans were always going to struggle to match last years efforts after the Warriors culled so much of their experienced depth in the off season.

New coach, new players. Rebuilding year.

Too right,just goes to show the benefits of having guys like Buster Seymour,Latimore,Isaac John etc

2big2strong_old

I hate referring to twitter but about a month ago Joel Moon tweeted Vulcans ceo Mick Lacey and asked him 'hows the new coach', Mick replied 'He's good, he's no 'Blacks' but Richie is a once in a lifetime coach.'

Makes me wonder how much of last years success was contributed by Richie Blackmores influence. I know he's getting a full time gig over in the UK but if he's as good as they make out then I'd have liked to see him as an assistant to Bluey in some capacity.

Too late now though, he's not going to give up a head coaching role to be somebodies lacky.

Beeteejay_old

Richie Blackmore was struggling to get a visa, so Leigh Centurions had to appoint someone else as coach, with the season starting already. I think they've appointed him as a GM instead, but he's still waiting on a visa. Was at the Vulcans game last week.

Chch fan_old

Just got home and seen the result on here.

Gutted cames to mind. 0-2 after what looked to be a very winable match.

This year the Vulcans have lost some big names but I believe more importantly they have lost a lot of experience and guidence. Last season that experience blended with all the raw talent in the side was a blend of success. This year there is a new coach who will do doubt have different systems, game plans etc. Not making excusses but it was the first game in OZ and for some in the team that would have been a new experience.

I'm sure they aren't thinking of last year and neither should we be. There's a heap of talent in this team so lets get behind them because they will be wining plenty of games this season and there commitment deserves our support. Don't write them off yet they will be a force in NSW Cup 2012. GO THE VULCANS!!!