Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
The more I think about it, the more I think that game was worst case scenario:

*No SJ
*Panthers clinical af, one of Clearly best games I remember watching
*All of the 50/50 calls going Panthers way
*TMM only back for one game prior to this
*Average bench/coach picks

Moving forward, I think there is a lot to learn from this, particularly for Webby. But a lot of those things won't be the case next week. We had periods of that game where we competed well, got on top for small periods and were able to defend some very very strong Panthers attack.

Great warm up for next week I think

I have always wondered why everyone keep wanting offloads when we as a team the least offloads this season. That is just not how we have been playing this year. The Eels had the most and they didn't make the finals. I hope Webster works on it next preseason but not keen on the old Warriors ball.

As to the game Penrith and from the game last night the Bronchos are just ahead of the pack this year. We looked good in parts but losing someone as important as SJ we were always going to look clunky on attack. Some of our D was brutal. I give us a good chance next week. If people expect wholesale changes next week we will just end up like the Sharks last year and out after 2 games.

It was always going to be tough. The Panthers are pretty relentless when they get their backs up.

The first half they managed to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

In the opposition 20 they put multiple shots on. We did well to hold them off for long periods. Our attitude in defence is there. I'd prefer a bit less of the tries when the opposition move it out wide and we look lost defending structure. That reminds me too much of past years.

The second half was a bit better. They didn't drop their lips as it could have looked ugly or at least uglier as 32-6 is still pretty convincing,

We got our two halves not playing, TMM is fucking horrible as a playing half, anyone that thinks he is hasn't watched him play.
We need SJ back next week or we're fucked

I have always wondered why everyone keep wanting offloads when we as a team the least offloads this season. That is just not how we have been playing this year. The Eels had the most and they didn't make the finals. I hope Webster works on it next preseason but not keen on the old Warriors ball.
Because we have no halves and you generally have to score points to win.

As to the game Penrith and from the game last night the Bronchos are just ahead of the pack this year. We looked good in parts but losing someone as important as SJ we were always going to look clunky on attack. Some of our D was brutal. I give us a good chance next week. If people expect wholesale changes next week we will just end up like the Sharks last year and out after 2 games.
Next week is a different game with different players.

Back